• Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 10/11/2016 at 10:01 PM, warrior12 said:

2 Timothy 3:10King James Version (KJV)

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

The above states that all who strive to live a godly life would suffer persecution.  So my question is, what is persecution and when will this happen. Is it to happen in a christian normal life span or in the tribulation period or other.  But then, if you are raptured out, then you cannot be persecuted.  Some thoughts please.

Hi Warrior12,

Grace and mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

The tribulation always was present. In this last days they are going to worsen to all who desire to live the Truth, as ordains the Sacred Scripture:

Ø  “I charge [ thee ] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away [ their ] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” (2Timothy 4.1-4)

No wonder. After all, Jesus died because He said the truth:

Ø  “But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy. What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.” (Matthew 26.63-66).

And it doesn’t have anything that hurt more than the truth:

Ø  “[ Is ] not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer [ that ] breaketh the rock in pieces?” (Jeremiah 23.29).

Ø  “For the word of God [ is ] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [ is ] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4.12).

In my case, for example, almost call me antichrist, heretic, of weak consciousness, etc. However, not so I will give up the truth.

We ought not to scandalize ourselves. After all:

Ø  “It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more [ shall they call ] them of his household?” (Matthew 10.25).

On the contrary:

Ø  “Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy [ are ye ]; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.” (1Peter 4.12-14).

Think: if the people were so impudent to the point of calling Jesus of prince of demons (Matthew 12.24), what will they not call us? If they don’t respect Jesus –  instead of this, they hated Him without a cause (John 15.25) – what can we wait that make with us or to us?

But, it is as Jesus said:

Ø  “Blessed are ye, when [ men ] shall revile you, and persecute [ you ], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [ is ] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.” (Matthew 5.11,12).

Understand: we all are like tree in the garden of Jesus. Therefore, the best thing to us is when we are being trampled, jerky, jogged or when they were pelting us with stones. It’s signal that we are giving fruit.

Thus, if a tree isn’t being afflicted for any evil (not even a plague or pest), it is ready to be eliminated:

Ø  “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” (Matthew 3.10).

Ø  “He spake also this parable; A certain [ man ] had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung [ it ]: And if it bear fruit, [ well ]: and if not, [ then ] after that thou shalt cut it down.” (Luke 13.6-9).

Ø  “And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.” (Matthew 21.19).

Ø  “Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every [ branch ] that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.” (John 15.2).

Ø  “For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: but that which beareth thorns and briers [ is ] rejected, and [ is ] nigh unto cursing; whose end [ is ] to be burned.” (Hebrews 6.7,8).

After all:

Ø  “Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.” (Luke 6.26)

Remember that:

Ø  “Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.” (John 15.8).

You can be right: that whose sins aren’t being burned for the fire of the judgment of God, is prompt to be thrown up the mouth of Jesus (Revelation 3.15,16).

Therefore:  

Ø  “Yet if [ any man suffer ] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time [ is come ] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [ it ] first [ begin ] at us, what shall the end [ be ] of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls [ to him ] in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.” (1Peter 4.16-19).

As to the rapture of the Church, we will be spared only of outpouring of the seven vial judgments, inasmuch as those who believe in Jesus doesn’t enter in condemnation (John 5.24; Romans 8.1).

Notwithstanding, the Church will go into the seventieth week. Only will be caught up after the antichrist sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Ø  “Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [ by ] our gathering together unto him, that ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for [ that day shall not come ], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.” (2Thessalonians 2.1-4).

Best regards, in Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks  Mr. 

Leonardo Von

You have quoted quite a number of scriptures which are relevant to the question i posed and thank you for that.   The very last scripture contains some words that are very descriptive of a christian suffering and why.

1 Peter 4:16-19King James Version (KJV)

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

So suffering is also the will of god, if i am interpreting the scripture above.  and why we suffer can also be oulined in the verses below which you mentioned also.

1 Peter 4:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

So yes, sufferings will arise also because of persecution and when is arises,we are not to find it strange, but see it as Gods will and also of the trials for the proclaiming of the Gospel.  

I have or must add something to this about persecution and sufferings.  A christian can get beaten up and persecuted and suffer tremendously and it all happens in the spiritual realm.  You see, there is a war  that takes place there, that is very real like the wars that are in the physical, but the scars and the whips you don't see.  It is there and only the person who engages on those battles that the lord allows knows what those scars and the sufferings are. Try to explain it to someone else and it is almost impossible as that person will have to enter your spiritual battle, which i don't know if he really could.  Anyway, i see it as the lord allowing those trials which he calls fiery so that it will build up a man's courage in running the race and to partake in Christ suffering.  And it is my testimony in witness before the  lord of those battles, that they are true and  i have and still faces on my journey thus far.

Edited by warrior12