Redsteel

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Fear of winding up in the wrong place I mean. It seems like an arduous task looking for the right place. I mean when I think back historically, to indulgences, and the origins of the southern Baptist convention, and the puritans, many of the normal people really thought they were right, and many in leadership understood but remained unprincipled. There is so many groups. What if I wind up on the wrong side of history?

I know it's probably my ocd/ scruples sowing self doubt telling me that I am not good enough along with my fear of putting effort into something that could be wrong, but what experience do you have with this. How can this generation of Christians be sure they are more right? In worried I might be jumping into a frying pan.

Edited by Redsteel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Redsteel

Welcome again to Worthy......so let me just make sure I understand the question.......You are not a Christian but you want to go to church & you don't know which church(denomination) to go to? Is that correct.....

You see,they are all the wrong place to go if you are simply looking for someTHING but I'm not sure what it is your looking for,,,,,We,Christians,have much more than something my friend,we have some ONE ,,,,church is simply a bonus if you have Jesus & many of them can be great but that is not where you find Him....

Well before I go on any further,may I ask "Why" you are asking & "What" it is you are looking for?You also asked if this generation of Christians are 'more right" ,,,,,,,There is only one kind of Christian & that has remained the same since Jesus walked the earth as a man.....it is the kind that are not "more right" they are just 'right" ,,,,Right with God       There is only ONE Way to be right(reconciled) & that is in Relationship with Jesus     He is the Way the Truth & the Life                                                                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 hours ago, Redsteel said:

Fear of winding up in the wrong place I mean. It seems like an arduous task looking for the right place. I mean when I think back historically, to indulgences, and the origins of the southern Baptist convention, and the puritans, many of the normal people really thought they were right, and many in leadership understood but remained unprincipled. There is so many groups. What if I wind up on the wrong side of history?

I know it's probably my ocd/ scruples sowing self doubt telling me that I am not good enough along with my fear of putting effort into something that could be wrong, but what experience do you have with this. How can this generation of Christians be sure they are more right? In worried I might be jumping into a frying pan.

The begin is a personal presenting of yourself to God in repentance of all that you are and from all where you are ... in this empty place, void of anything of value, we cry out to a Holy and Righteous God to save us...
John 3:3 (KJV)
[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
[4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
[6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
[8] The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Once God has accomplished His entrance into you ... this
Luke 9:23 (KJV)
[23] And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
[24] For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
[25] For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

you (if born of God) have His Spirit and the Word to guide you into all truth, way and living... Love, Steven

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Pray to God that He will lead you to the right part of the body of Christ in your area. God has promised to answer our prayers if we ask for things that are His will.

If you don't mind telling us what city you live in, it's possible we can make some suggestions, too.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Giving your life to Christ is the first and foremost thing to do.  

Then get into God's word.  Start in the book of John.  Then do some checking into what the church teaches.  It does not have to be a Baptist.  I go to a Calvary Chapel and the teaching there is very sound and solid.  You just have to know that the teaching of that church lines up with the Bible.  Ask people, enquirer and ask questions of the pastor and if his answers do not line up with scripture then you go on to the next, but don't do it in fear. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

It would be better for you if you stopped stressing over  this and let Jesus come to you. God works in mysterious ways. He opens doors that might have been right in front of you, but you never noticed them, because you weren't searching.  Stress, anxiety and fear was what Satan uses on a daily basic to entrap those who seek a better life with Christ.

Pray to God and keep your mind open and you will find this door, no mater who or what it is. God answers r prayers, but he doesn't always answer them the way we expected. Sometimes when we expect a blessing to come in a certain way, we miss that blessing and then wonder why God didn't do things our way and on our timetable.

I want to call myself a christian, I really do, but why do i still feel so hollow? But wouldn't a real christian be more confident? How long must a neurotic man like me suffer doubts of the father, pessimism, and thoughts of unworthiness?

sorry if this comes off as a rant but I really am considering astral projection, new age, gnosticism, and occult if it brings results.

8 hours ago, BK1110 said:

Pray to God that He will lead you to the right part of the body of Christ in your area. God has promised to answer our prayers if we ask for things that are His will.

If you don't mind telling us what city you live in, it's possible we can make some suggestions, too.

I live in North Hollywood California.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 12/10/2016 at 4:11 PM, Redsteel said:

I think church starts in the heart of someone who wants to learn.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

15 hours ago, Redsteel said:

I want to call myself a christian, I really do, but why do i still feel so hollow? But wouldn't a real christian be more confident? How long must a neurotic man like me suffer doubts of the father, pessimism, and thoughts of unworthiness?

sorry if this comes off as a rant but I really am considering astral projection, new age, gnosticism, and occult if it brings results.

I live in North Hollywood California.

What "results" are you looking for? I can assure you that you won't find anything that satisfies the soul, certainly not anything that saves it, in the occult.

Have you truly committed yourself to following God and His will? Many people pray a prayers and then just continue on as they have. Can you say you or your life have really changed?

13 hours ago, BK1110 said:

What "results" are you looking for? I can assure you that you won't find anything that satisfies the soul, certainly not anything that saves it, in the occult.

Have you truly committed yourself to following God and His will? Many people pray a prayers and then just continue on as they have. Can you say you or your life have really changed?

well the thing is in the beginning of the year, in February, I was feeling very depressed and on my worst day appealed to god for a sign, anything really. The next day two guys asked me "have you heard of god the mother?". I though wow I must be on to some secret knowledge or something. I spent the next several weeks socializing with the cult of ahnsanghong. It felt so real.

what kind of cruel joke was that? when will I get that discernment? I guess I am somewhat angry. Am I really supposed to be that trusting of humans?

As for committing myself, I am willing, but considering my trust issues, is a sign too much to ask? do I pray Privately? Go to as many churches as possible? drive to a secluded location and bawl my eyes out?(I'm not being sarcastic by the way).I accept you holy spirit so come in, please! what direction do I go in? Tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Edited by Redsteel