Redsteel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1.  Realize that you are spiritually bankrupt.  You have nothing to offer God.  You can't be good enough in you own strength.  It is hopeless.  "

Mat 5:3  “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Mat 5:4  Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

2.  God doesn't have the answer, He the answer.   Ask God to forgive your sinful nature-- questioning God's Word, questioning if there is a God, questioning and looking for a sign.  You have the sign of Jonah, Jesus was 3 days and 3 nights in the grave.  

3.  Paul said if someone comes to you with a different gospel, let him be accursed!  This is the Gospel:  1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,  1Co 15:4  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,  1Co 15:5  and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.  1Co 15:6  Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 1Co 15:7  Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.

3. You keep from being deceived by reading the New Testament and measure the teachings of any person or church by it.  Do you understand the Bible when you read it?  You may not understand all of it, but try underlining the things you do understand.  Do you believe what you do understand?   If you reject what you do understand God may not reveal any more to you.   Read and copy the statement of faith of this forum.  It pretty much embodies the basic beliefs of all true churches.  It they don't believe these basics, they probably aren't Christian.  Someone said that you learn to tell what is counterfeit money by getting very familiar with the real thing.  The same is true with our faith.  Get very familiar with the New Testament.  

4.  God tests you to see if you are a genuine believer.  Should you turn away to believe another religion or a cult you will only reveal that you were never a genuine believer in the first place.  True believers are faithful to God.

1Pe 1:6  ESV In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,  1Pe 1:7  so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.  1Pe 1:8  Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,  1Pe 1:9  obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/12/2016 at 8:16 PM, Redsteel said:

I want to call myself a christian, I really do, but why do i still feel so hollow? But wouldn't a real christian be more confident? How long must a neurotic man like me suffer doubts of the father, pessimism, and thoughts of unworthiness?

sorry if this comes off as a rant but I really am considering astral projection, new age, gnosticism, and occult if it brings results.

I live in North Hollywood California.

Have you had a personal encounter with Jesus?  Asked Him to be the Lord and Savior of your life?  That is what.  All this other stuff new age with lead you to more emptiness.  It gives nothing and takes everything.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Redsteel,

You might find answers to some of your questions in pastor Billy Crone's testimony of how he lived a life of drugs, Satanism, the occult,  New Age, demonic spirits, complete ignorance of Christianity, hating Christians, etc. before he became a Christian.  A video can be found by just doing a search for Billy Crone testimony. I am not allowed to post it here due to the length limit.

Edited by john14:6
Removed Video Link - please post this in video forums and then link back to it from there.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/11/2016 at 10:11 PM, Redsteel said:

Fear of winding up in the wrong place I mean. It seems like an arduous task looking for the right place. I mean when I think back historically, to indulgences, and the origins of the southern Baptist convention, and the puritans, many of the normal people really thought they were right, and many in leadership understood but remained unprincipled. There is so many groups. What if I wind up on the wrong side of history?

I know it's probably my ocd/ scruples sowing self doubt telling me that I am not good enough along with my fear of putting effort into something that could be wrong, but what experience do you have with this. How can this generation of Christians be sure they are more right? In worried I might be jumping into a frying pan.

First, understand that no person has providence over God's word or his truth, nor over history - only God does. So...if you have a bible great. If you don't have one, get one. The bible is God's historically approved word of truth that no one but he could have passed down from generation to generation. Read it until the fear subsides and you are confident to go into any place of worship knowing the truth of God as much as anyone there. And then go.