AndyMan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I for one am a huge movie buff. And while I consider myself a mature Christian I do have to admit that the Lord hasn't started working on me in this area. I can watch anything from horror to hallmark type movies and not feel the need to turn it off. Not saying its right or wrong just saying that God hasn't worked on me in this area. There are other areas he is working on me in though. 

I am however very careful about what my kids watch and if I do watch a movie that is not appropriate for the kids I watch it when they are not home or have gone to bed. My wife doesn't watch a while lot of movies or she watches her hallmark stuff on her tablet.  During the week we keep the TV off for the most part since it's a huge distraction for them and me while school is in session. 

Guest BacKaran

I had been pondering the thought of "what kind of movies" my husband and I used to watch. One night I was laying in bed with the tv on, trying to fail asleep. But the show that was on had swearing in it and I said Igotta see what show this is cuz I can't watch this trash ....surprise! It was my"favorite" show NYPD blue...  I told my hubby trash in and trash out, we got to check what we are watching including the Simpsons, R rated movies etc. The more I delve into God,  the bible and it's wisdom, I find myself withdrawing from the world and I don't miss it! I don't have a pc,i don't have cable, I don't have a vcr but I do read and watch videos from good apologetic sites. It's like weaning myself offer the stuff of this world that i really don't need to focus on. I'm living for Christ and need to make wise decisions on how I spend my time. I like entertainment but clean entertainment is hard to come by in the movies and on tv stations. I need to take time and review why I am watching what I'm watching and why am i doing what I'm doing if Gods not focus? It's very humbling.