AndyMan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It has to be said I'm a bit of a movie fan and I find myself enjoying most genre from horror, si fi, comedy, family and so on and so forth. Is it very christian of me to watch the horror, crime and thrillers. 

Take car and God bless.

AndyMan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

You seem quite focused on avoiding "sinning" may I ask why?  You can never be good enough to gain your own salvation. Trust in Jesus, He has already done the difficult part. If you focus constantly on sin then sin is what you will get but if you can trust Jesus and focus on Him you gain everything. Praying for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Remember, you are what you take in, be it food, movies, music ....

Listen to that quiet voice trying to show you what is His will.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Colossians 3:2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

Remember Jesus is right by your side at all times. What do you want Jesus observing you doing?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

t has to be said I'm a bit of a movie fan and I find myself enjoying most genre from horror, si fi, comedy, family and so on and so forth. Is it very christian of me to watch the horror, crime and thrillers. 

Take car and God bless.

AndyMan

Blessings to you

Me too Andyman & there are countless times my insides just grumble & I have to change the movie,walk out or turn it off,,,,,,there are a lot of things you can watch & then there are the one's you can,,,,,,,as One Light says,"LISTEN for His Still Small Voice"......

I'll admit that sometimes the plot is so good that I will even "overlook" a few things,,,,,that's my red flag,feed my spirit!!!!      With love-in Christ,Kwik

20 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Colossians 3:2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

Remember Jesus is right by your side at all times. What do you want Jesus observing you doing?

He is much more than observing me, but He isn't there waiting for me to mess up. He already knows I will mess up and He loves me anyway! It is the struggle itself to "do the right thing" that is evidence of who I really am. It a gajillion (lots) more reasons also but that is I believe Jesus told paul especially Rom 7 and 8. Instead of trying to be good and failing if I am able to rejoice in the fact that God is always with me then the being good will follow. In other words when I drive the bus it goes in the ditch but when I let Jesus drive and trust Him we tend to go amazing places.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  23

Your right I am a bit focused on sin and thats because I have and do sin but I want to be a good christian. Im by no means terrible and in general Im a good person. I guess Im just a bit concerned thats all. But please dont read into this to deaply Im a new member and Im finding my feet and am asking a few questions with regards to sin. I do have other questions in mind. Take babtisum for example ive not been babtised and would like to be. 

AndyMan

7 minutes ago, AndyMan said:

Your right I am a bit focused on sin and thats because I have and do sin but I want to be a good christian. Im by no means terrible and in general Im a good person. I guess Im just a bit concerned thats all. But please dont read into this to deaply Im a new member and Im finding my feet and am asking a few questions with regards to sin. I do have other questions in mind. Take babtisum for example ive not been babtised and would like to be. 

AndyMan

If you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, that He is God and that He died on the cross for your sins, then you are as "good" a Christian as your pastor, or a person in jail who was just saved a second ago. Christians are a part of God's family and He loves us all . If you feel you want to be baptised then I think you should do so, it is a wonderful show of faith.  Oh and welcome to the site.:)

Edited by Flsnookman

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57

1 hour ago, AndyMan said:

It has to be said I'm a bit of a movie fan and I find myself enjoying most genre from horror, si fi, comedy, family and so on and so forth. Is it very christian of me to watch the horror, crime and thrillers. 

Take car and God bless.

AndyMan

You need to use your time for His purposes. My wife and I never watch what you list. Never. We don't go to movies with such content. Our TV is set to block that stuff. If something sneaks in, we add it to the blocked list. I think it is obvious to everyone that TV is primarily R-rated today, and in many cases, X-rated. 

Are you in a local Christian fellowship? Check about water baptism.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

31 minutes ago, Flsnookman said:

He is much more than observing me, but He isn't there waiting for me to mess up. He already knows I will mess up and He loves me anyway! It is the struggle itself to "do the right thing" that is evidence of who I really am. It a gajillion (lots) more reasons also but that is I believe Jesus told paul especially Rom 7 and 8. Instead of trying to be good and failing if I am able to rejoice in the fact that God is always with me then the being good will follow. In other words when I drive the bus it goes in the ditch but when I let Jesus drive and trust Him we tend to go amazing places.

You can not go around telling people " that is ok, do what you want. God loves you and you are saved". Quite the contrary. We can not mock God. We can not have disrespect and dishonor God in what we do in our everyday lives. Willfully choosing to sin. Yes, we are as born again Christians sinners without even realizing it but we do our best to be obedient to God. Doing what the Bible tells us to do. Remember we will be judged as Christians in everything we do while in these bodies on earth. Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. The Bible tells us how we are to live our lives as born again Christians.