IGNORED

Feelings...

Running Gator

Guest Teditis
30 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Actions can be the result of feelings, but feelings do not necessarily prompt action.  People do things all of the time, as an act of their will in spite of how they feel, or their state of mind. 

That's not accurate... cognitive-dissonance may play a role in acting against a certain feeling but there will be another underlying feeling that prompts action.

Of course there are cases like sociopathy or autism that might influence someone to act without feeling...?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Teditis said:

That's not accurate... cognitive-dissonance may play a role in acting against a certain feeling but there will be another underlying feeling that prompts action.

Of course there are cases like sociopathy or autism that might influence someone to act without feeling...?

I am referring to those who choose forgive a person for a a grievous wrong committed even though they feel the need to avenge themselves against that person. 

I am also thinking of people who live out their faith in situations where their own emotions, their sense of reason and even those around them tell them that their faith is in vain or irrational.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

This depends on how a person is wired.

Some people are feelers (primarily or first influenced by feelings or emotion) while others are thinkers (primarily or first influenced by logic or reason). A person who is wise will consider both their thoughts and feelings on any given subject                                              GE

I like this very much.....yes,take "captive" every  thought(thought or feeling)-2 Cor 10:5 and compare to (seek) Gods Truth with our HELPER...................

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/14/2016 at 7:27 PM, Davida said:

Personally I'm not a big fan of following "feelings". I find most who do that are reactive to others and their environment. Imo it is Not wise to base any decisions ,perceptions, beliefs or opinions upon emotions or sensations or cravings. I choose to examine the facts and through  prayer make my decisions and I ask that the Lord Jesus take command and guide my mind and heart. 

The Bible says the heart is wicked  and causes us troubles. so I ask God to cleanse my heart on a regular basis. 

This is a post I love to read over and over, thank you for posting.