Jayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I've deleted my original post as the thread as been hijacked by someone spamming his anti-Christmas and anti-Easter message.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

52 minutes ago, Jayne said:

There is a difference – biblically speaking.  One leads to molding our lives to Christ.  The other leads to at best, confusion, and at worst – hell.

Absolutely. In Scripture "traditions" and "ordinances" are derived from the same Greek word -- paradosis -- which means "that which is handed down".

Christ handed down His teachings to the apostles, who handed them down to faithful men, who would hand them down to others.  These same teachings were incorporated into the New Testament.  So what we read there are in fact the traditions of the apostles.

While much of what is written by the Early Church Fathers is beneficial and edifying, there is also much that is man-made doctrine, e.g. the veneration of Mary.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

And what did Jesus have to say about man-made traditions?

• Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men, You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. …… thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”  Mark 7:8,9  and 13
  • " And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: 'These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. "  Matthew 15:6-9

So, which traditions are the good, true, and Godly ones and which ones are the damning ones.

There are many man mad vain traditions that aren't from God. Below is just a couple. Read the links. 

CHRISTMAS  EASTER

There are many man mad vain traditions that aren't from God. Below is just a couple. Read the links. 

CHRISTMAS  EASTER

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Without the Incarnation, His death would not save.

Without His Resurrection, His death would be meaningless.

Nothing demonic or wrong or vain about celebrating His Birth or Resurrection if observed correctly.

Did you even read the links, Yowm?

If you had, you couldn't possibly have come up with such a substanceless response. Or maybe you could. 

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I looked over the links. It reminded me of  Jack Chick material.

Sorry you found my comments substance-less. 

I enjoy celebrating Christ's birth and  resurrection. I'm free to do that without boogeyman pagan condemnation.

He answered them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. But they worship me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ "For you set aside the commandment of God, and hold tightly to the tradition of men—the washing of pitchers and cups, and you do many other such things." He said to them, "Full well do you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother;’ and, ‘He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him be put to death.’ But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, "Whatever profit you might have received from me is Corban, that is to say, given to God";’ then you no longer allow him to do anything for his father or his mother, making void the word of God by your tradition, which you have handed down. You do many things like this." (Mar 7:6-13 WEB).

No boogeyman pagan condemnation here, Yowm. Just the truth. Maybe you should read the links prayerfully, with consideration for the Lord, and not just look over them. If you don't actually read them, and there not very long, like it says above, you are just looking for ways to hold on to your traditions. Christmas and Easter are just two of many traditions that are clearly not of God.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

Did you even read the links, Yowm?

If you had, you couldn't possibly have come up with such a substanceless response. Or maybe you could. 

This thread is already beginning to get personal, starting with this response. This is a technical violation of the Terms of Service, but, since you are a new member and are probably not used to our moderation here, I will issue you a single warning on this here, as opposed to removing you from the thread and issuing you a point.

Please remember, everyone, debate the subject, not the person. Someone is allowed to disagree with you without being insulted.

God bless,

Steve

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Wow . . . isn't a little early for the "Halloween/Christmas/Easter/(insert other holidays here) Is Evil" threads? Its only mid-October after all . . .   :laugh:

8 hours ago, Steve_S said:

This thread is already beginning to get personal, starting with this response. This is a technical violation of the Terms of Service, but, since you are a new member and are probably not used to our moderation here, I will issue you a single warning on this here, as opposed to removing you from the thread and issuing you a point.

Please remember, everyone, debate the subject, not the person. Someone is allowed to disagree with you without being insulted.

God bless,

Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I question what denomination this person follows due to the list of, what they call, false teachers.

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/false-teachers/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Wow add my name to that list as well :blink: There are some Godly people on it...   tisk tisk :33: