• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

6 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Wow add my name to that list as well :blink: There are some Godly people on it...   tisk tisk :33: 

If you click on the name of someone listed, you will see why they believe the person is a false teacher.   You will understand more about this ministry when you dig deeper into what they say about others then what they say about themselves.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

some of them, on the list, I have gleaned much from and consider them family in Christ... thanks for the info brother of mine :) 

I think if we look through the list, just about everyone will be shocked to see some of the names listed.  For example, if someone had studied and gained a doctorate degree, and use the Dr. as a title, they are not of God.  It seems there is confusion about having an educational degree and thinking it is a ministerial office.  Since this is the first time being exposed to this group, I still have more to learn about them, yet, they seem to be very legalistic in their manner.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Yowm said:
10 hours ago, Yowm said:

SH, I followed your link to a very legalistic Statement of Doctrine where I found such as this...

"The religious holidays of the world – Christmas and Easter - and birthdays are not of God. He never thought of or instituted them. They serve no good purpose, except to entrap and judge insincere and false believers. (That Devilish Spirit of Christmas, Diabolical Doctrine: Christmas Is a Biblical Christian Celebration & Diabolical Doctrine: The Keeping of Easter)"

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/statement-of-doctrine.htm

There's some pretty crazy stuff on that page. 

SH, I followed your link to a very legalistic Statement of Doctrine where I found such as this...

"The religious holidays of the world – Christmas and Easter - and birthdays are not of God. He never thought of or instituted them. They serve no good purpose, except to entrap and judge insincere and false believers. (That Devilish Spirit of Christmas, Diabolical Doctrine: Christmas Is a Biblical Christian Celebration & Diabolical Doctrine: The Keeping of Easter)"

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/statement-of-doctrine.htm

There's some pretty crazy stuff on that page. 

Firstly, Yowm, sorry for communicating to you outside of the rules of this Forum.

Secondly, don't you find it interesting that throughout the whole bible, there are only two birthday celebrations, and both of those for pagan royalty. The other interesting thing about that is that on both of those occasions someone was put to death. John the Baptist on one occasion in the new testament and the Baker that was put to death by Pharaoh in the old testament.

Not anywhere in the bible does it mention any believer having a birthday celebration, not even Jesus. Isn't it interesting that no one knows the birthdate of our Lord and Saviour. Surely that must give us some things to consider if we really want to walk in the truth. It would be amiss of any one of us to overlook the inferences of what these things could possibly mean.

As for Christmas and the things used to celebrate it, for example Christmas trees, tinsel, holly and mistletoe, just to name a few, all have their roots in pagan festivities. Isn't that mixture that the Lord warns against?

Exodus 34:11-16 MKJV
(11) Observe that which I command you this day. Behold! I drive out before you the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.
(12) Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the people of the land where you go, lest it be for a snare in the midst of you.
(13) But you shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their sacred poles.
(14) For you shall worship no other god. For Jehovah, Whose Name is Jealous, is a jealous God;
(15) lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice to their gods, and call you, and you eat of his sacrifice;
(16) and lest you take from their daughters for your sons, and their daughters go whoring after their gods and make your sons go whoring after their gods.

Even if Christmas seems okay to the average person, if it is not of God, then it can't be good. And it would not be okay for His people.

Things to seriously consider if we want to be pleasing to God.

I used to celebrate Christmas, Easter and birthdays, but not any more.

Even if celebrating Jesus' birthday was an edict from Him, which it's not, how do you think he would take it, if His people were mixing His day with pagan celebrations and traditions.

He says He is a jealous God. He also says " a little bit of leaven leavens the whole lump". No ungodly mixture is good.

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty."
(2Co 6:14-18 ESV)

The Lord also says

Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. (Mat 12:30 ESV).

Edited by Simon Hall

42 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Firstly, Yowm, sorry for communicating to you outside of the rules of this Forum.

Secondly, don't you find it interesting that throughout the whole bible, there are only two birthday celebrations, and both of those for pagan royalty. The other interesting thing about that is that on both of those occasions someone was put to death. John the Baptist on one occasion in the new testament and the Baker that was put to death by Pharaoh in the old testament.

Not anywhere in the bible does it mention any believer having a birthday celebration, not even Jesus. Isn't it interesting that no one knows the birthdate of our Lord and Saviour. Surely that must give us some things to consider if we really want to walk in the truth. It would be amiss of any one of us to overlook the inferences of what these things could possibly mean.

As for Christmas and the things used to celebrate it, for example Christmas trees, tinsel, holly and mistletoe, just to name a few, all have their roots in pagan festivities. Isn't that mixture that the Lord warns against?

Exodus 34:11-16 MKJV
(11) Observe that which I command you this day. Behold! I drive out before you the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.
(12) Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the people of the land where you go, lest it be for a snare in the midst of you.
(13) But you shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their sacred poles.
(14) For you shall worship no other god. For Jehovah, Whose Name is Jealous, is a jealous God;
(15) lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice to their gods, and call you, and you eat of his sacrifice;
(16) and lest you take from their daughters for your sons, and their daughters go whoring after their gods and make your sons go whoring after their gods.

Even if Christmas seems okay to the average person, if it is not of God, then it can't be good. And it would not be okay for His people.

Things to seriously consider if we want to be pleasing to God.

I used to celebrate Christmas, Easter and birthdays, but not any more.

Even if celebrating Jesus' birthday was an edict from Him, which it's not, how do you think he would take it, if His people were mixing His day with pagan celebrations and traditions.

He says He is a jealous God. He also says " a little bit of leaven leavens the whole lump". No ungodly mixture is good.

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty."
(2Co 6:14-18 ESV)

The Lord also says

Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. (Mat 12:30 ESV).

May I ask if you are a Jehovah Witness?  Just trying to understand why you believe celebrating the day someone was born is evil and will make God jealous.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

I think if we look through the list, just about everyone will be shocked to see some of the names listed.  For example, if someone had studied and gained a doctorate degree, and use the Dr. as a title, they are not of God.  It seems there is confusion about having an educational degree and thinking it is a ministerial office.  Since this is the first time being exposed to this group, I still have more to learn about them, yet, they seem to be very legalistic in their manner.

Well that lets me out I guess too.

18 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Well that lets me out I guess too.

You, and many others.  I wold be weary with what this group produces.

Just now, Yowm said:

Some of those yes, e.g. Benny Hinn...some of those no, e.g. Charles Spurgeon.

As with every false teaching, there is truth mingled with lies.  I would be careful what people take away from this site.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/14/2016 at 11:30 AM, Simon Hall said:

There are many man mad vain traditions that aren't from God. Below is just a couple. Read the links. 

CHRISTMAS  EASTER

Simon, I do NOT appreciate you hijacking my thread with all of this ridiculousness that I never intended.  I worked very, very hard on this original post because of a burden about our Catholic friends here who believe their religious traditions are apostolic.

This thread is not about holidays.  It's about distinguishing the apostolic from the man-made.  NO ONE believes that holiday traditions are apostolic. Most of them are secular, fun, and benign.  You've entered a topic that is not what this thread is about.

I spend at least two hours searching the scriptures on this and now it's turned into the Simon Hall show and your anti-holiday theme.

I've wiped out my original post and would appreciate it if you would go to your first post where you quoted me and erase my post.

You should have started your OWN thread.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

8 hours ago, OneLight said:

As with every false teaching, there is truth mingled with lies....
 I would be careful what people take away from this site....

:sherlock:

Soon It Will Be

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. Revelation 12:10

All Over

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Romans 16:20

Amen

:emot-heartbeat: