IGNORED

Apostolic Traditions VS Traditions of Men

Jayne

Guest BacKaran

I concur with YOWM. I choose not to have a Christmas tree but I will always celebrate His birth. Easter is pagan but Resurrection Sunday is not. My friend still put up trees and that's fine, I know their fruits and they are not pagans.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:03 AM, kwikphilly said:

You will be in my prayers Simon,you have been here before,you understand the rules and when you are gone we will still remember you in prayer.....I've certainly not "scanned over" your post,I have carefully read each & every one of them  but the others are doing a fine job of responding ......The TRUTH is never null & void by anyone's words and it can not be altered or twisted either AND half truths will just not do    Yes indeed,those of US who do Receive Gods Timeless Truth( Gods Word,the Bible) do by Power of His Holy Spirit........because we have a personal Relationship with Him in Christ Jesus......

So many come here Simon ,thinking themselves a prophet  as the gnostics thought themselves to be the ONLY one to know the Truth,,,,,,God Loves all,His Word is not so difficult to Understand that even a child cannot Receive Wisdom & Understanding   

Simon,my intention is not to offend you(which seems you are easily personally offended) but to correct a false statement that is merely your truth,Gods Truth is not Received through internet links nor through an individuals interpretation but through what is Written in the God Inspired,God Breathed,Infallible,Irrefutable Word 

I am not offended, kwik. The only reason I can see why you seem to think that I am “easily personally offended”, as you put it, is because I state the truth without sugar coating it.

And what specifically will you be praying for me for, kwik?

One thing is for sure though, and that is, historical facts prove that Christmas, Easter and Birthdays, among other human traditions, were in fact of pagan origin.

In previous posts, I have proven by scripture, which you say is the “God inspired, God Breathed, Infallible, Irrefutable Word”, that we are not meant to follow such traditions. Now please show me where, by historical fact, that Christmas, Easter and Birthday celebrations are in fact not pagan by origin, and in fact originated from God, and show me where in the Word of God that we are told to follow the ungodly traditions of men. Please show me, kwik, and don’t change the subject.

If you want me to know the truth, which is why you’re here at Worthy Christian Forums, right, to share in the truth with others? Then please show me the truth, as I have you.

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:13 AM, OneLight said:

I am happier to allow His Spirit to lead me and not what another person tells me is right or wrong.

So, OneLight, if you won’t accept what is right or wrong from another person, then why should anyone that comes to this forum, or anyone you speak to in your daily life, listen to what you have, to say? Haven’t you shared the truth with others, hoping for the Lord, through your words, to show them what is right versus what is wrong? Have you never learnt from another person, or only through the Holy Spirit?

Does that mean that children then shouldn’t listen to their parents when their parents try to teach them right and wrong?

If everyone went by your motto, then no one would be listening to anyone else. Then why have a forum at all?

The apostles would have been wasting their time, even though Jesus therefore said to them again, “Peace be to you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you”. Based on your motto, you would have rejected everything the apostles taught, therefore rejecting the Lord himself.

You say in your profile, “I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share”.  So, which is it, OneLight? You can't have it both ways.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:05 AM, BacKaran said:

I concur with YOWM. I choose not to have a Christmas tree but I will always celebrate His birth. Easter is pagan but Resurrection Sunday is not. My friend still put up trees and that's fine, I know their fruits and they are not pagans.

Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole lump? (1Co 5:6 WEB)

Don’t be unequally yoked with unbelievers, for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What agreement has Christ with Belial? Or what portion has a believer with an unbeliever? What agreement has a temple of God with idols? For you are a temple of the living God. Even as God said, “I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” Therefore “‘Come out from among them, and be separate,’ says the Lord. ‘Touch no unclean thing. I will receive you. I will be to you a Father. You will be to me sons and daughters,’ says the Lord Almighty.” (2Co 6:14-18 WEB)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

9 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

So, OneLight, if you won’t accept what is right or wrong from another person, then why should anyone that comes to this forum, or anyone you speak to in your daily life, listen to what you have, to say? Haven’t you shared the truth with others, hoping for the Lord, through your words, to show them what is right versus what is wrong? Have you never learnt from another person, or only through the Holy Spirit?

Does that mean that children then shouldn’t listen to their parents when their parents try to teach them right and wrong?

If everyone went by your motto, then no one would be listening to anyone else. Then why have a forum at all?

The apostles would have been wasting their time, even though Jesus therefore said to them again, “Peace be to you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you”. Based on your motto, you would have rejected everything the apostles taught, therefore rejecting the Lord himself.

You say in your profile, “I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share”.  So, which is it, OneLight? You can't have it both ways.

Allow me to ask you a question to explain what I am saying.  When someone tells you something and says it is the truth, do you blindly accept it, or do you search the scriptures and allow the Holy Spirit to show you if it is true or not?  If you search the scriptures and allow His guidance to lead you, you are, in fact, allowing His Spirit to lead you and are not following what someone else tells you is right or wrong.  If not, then please tell me what you think of the following scripture:

Acts 17:11

These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

You can see here that even Paul's words were questioned and those he was preaching/teaching to sought guidance. 

So, which is it?  Will you search the scriptures or just depend on what someone else tells you???

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

m not offended, kwik. The only reason I can see why you seem to think that I am “easily personally offended”, as you put it, is because I state the truth without sugar coating it.

And what specifically will you be praying for me for, kwik?

One thing is for sure though, and that is, historical facts prove that Christmas, Easter and Birthdays, among other human traditions, were in fact of pagan origin.

In previous posts, I have proven by scripture, which you say is the “God inspired, God Breathed, Infallible, Irrefutable Word”, that we are not meant to follow such traditions. Now please show me where, by historical fact, that Christmas, Easter and Birthday celebrations are in fact not pagan by origin, and in fact originated from God, and show me where in the Word of God that we are told to follow the ungodly traditions of men. Please show me, kwik, and don’t change the subject.

If you want me to know the truth, which is why you’re here at Worthy Christian Forums, right, to share in the truth with others? Then please show me the truth, as I have you.

Blessing to you Simon

Okay,this is EXACTLY what I am talking about when I say ":twisting words" & half truths......not only in reference to Gods Timeless Truth but also to all here participating in this Thread........you are now twisting my words & the Brethrens Words ,insinuating that WE somehow believe that Christmas,Ester & Birthday Celebrations(birthdays????) have not come from pagan origin?????Show you in Scripture???? Seriously? Why would I try or attempt to support something that I never implied or said? Whoever said that the Word of God Says that we should follow ungodly traditions of men? And I don't change the subject Simon but that is precisely what you are doing here......you are putting what others(& myself) said into your own words & misunderstanding........you have not shown anything,imo except that you pull verses of Scripture out of context to support your own interpretations  and do not truly hear anything anyone is saying,some folks just like to debate & disagree and others do not.......perhaps that is your cup of tea? It isn't mine

Many have said to you very simply that what is good for you may not be good for them.....it's all about what is deep within a persons heart,their heart for God......

The Law of Love

Romans 14:20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to let his eating be a stumbling block. 21It is better not to eatmeat or drink wine or to do anything to cause yourbrother to stumble. 22Keep your belief about such matters between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves.…

If you cannot or will not Receive Gods Word I can do no more here........And "How" will I pray for you? I pray you are Filled with Gods LOVE,Wisdom & Understanding......

King James Bible
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.        Proverbs 1:7

Peace & Love in Our Lord Jesus,Kwik

Guest BacKaran

I pray you didn't read this as my boasting that I don't have a tree. I can't boast about anything I do or don't do, it's Christ who lives in me that I trust to make my decisions. I call myself a born again Christian, I am not boasting as my rcc family thinks I am. They believe they are Christians following the pope and his view on the bible, however error and a little truth is dangerous and will lead people to the wide gate, not the narrow one. My dad had a distant cousin in Norway tell him his genealogy findings led to my grandfather being married once before his marriage to my grandma. My dad believed this guy. I said interesting that you would believe what a stranger  tells you in a heartbeat yet you don't believe that God has given you the assurance of your salvation from your daughter. My dad had nothing to say. I pray the Holy Spirit uses me and my love for my dad and other unbelievers, as a shining light of God that will remove the veil of deceit from their eyes, like it was me. I truly live for Christ and it's freedom from the fallen world and I so want that for others! So I pray as I am commanded to, this is not boasting, this is a relationship with the living Christ. Jesus is Truth. Blessings. Karan

Guest BacKaran

I do agree there is a history from the world's beginnings of the paganizing of Christian celebrations, however we as bacs worship Jesus and not the world. We can celebate Jesus' birth and resurrection without participating in the world. Can Christians take part in the worldly celebration? That's up to each one to determine. People in my church celebrate gift giving while teaching their children we are to be thankful for all gifts from God. We celebrate Resurrection Sonday and it only is focused on Jesus, not candy and bunny rabbits. That said, we are grateful for  for new beginnings, like spring, we have another day to cast off the old man and be a new creature in Jesus. I pray this helps someone today.  Blessings, karan

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Allow me to ask you a question to explain what I am saying.  When someone tells you something and says it is the truth, do you blindly accept it, or do you search the scriptures and allow the Holy Spirit to show you if it is true or not?  If you search the scriptures and allow His guidance to lead you, you are, in fact, allowing His Spirit to lead you and are not following what someone else tells you is right or wrong.  If not, then please tell me what you think of the following scripture:

Acts 17:11

These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

You can see here that even Paul's words were questioned and those he was preaching/teaching to sought guidance. 

So, which is it?  Will you search the scriptures or just depend on what someone else tells you???

I agree with you, OneLight, we shouldn’t just blindly accept everything everyone tells us. Otherwise we would probably believe something different every day.

And that is why, learning from historical facts, that Christmas, Easter and Birthdays are in fact from pagan origins, and by reading the word of God and learning that we are not meant to follow those things, the Lord revealed that truth to me, of which once I was blind. But If I didn’t read the history of the pagan traditions listed above, as it was put in my heart to read, then I wouldn’t have seen the contravention to God’s word in following those traditions.

So, like I said to kwikphilly, In previous posts, I have proven by scripture, which you say is the “God inspired, God Breathed, Infallible, Irrefutable Word”, that we are not meant to follow such traditions. Now please show me where, by historical fact, that Christmas, Easter and Birthday celebrations are in fact not pagan by origin, and in fact originated from God, and show me where in the Word of God that we are told to follow the ungodly traditions of men. Please show me, kwik, and don’t change the subject.

If you want me to know the truth, which is why you’re here at Worthy Christian Forums, right, to share in the truth with others? Then please show me the truth, as I have you.”

Now I ask the same of you, OneLight. I am either right or I am wrong. If I am following something that is not true, then please show me the truth. It would be amiss of me to not want to follow the Lord with all of my mind, heart and soul, wouldn't it?

“To the angel of the assembly in Laodicea write: “The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of God’s creation, says these things: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing;’ and don’t know that you are the wretched one, miserable, poor, blind, and naked; I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich; and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see. As many as I love, I reprove and chasten. Be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me. He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies.” (Rev 3:14-22 WEB)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

27 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I agree with you, OneLight, we shouldn’t just blindly accept everything everyone tells us. Otherwise we would probably believe something different every day.

And that is why, learning from historical facts, that Christmas, Easter and Birthdays are in fact from pagan origins, and by reading the word of God and learning that we are not meant to follow those things, the Lord revealed that truth to me, of which once I was blind. But If I didn’t read the history of the pagan traditions listed above, as it was put in my heart to read, then I wouldn’t have seen the contravention to God’s word in following those traditions.

So, like I said to kwikphilly, In previous posts, I have proven by scripture, which you say is the “God inspired, God Breathed, Infallible, Irrefutable Word”, that we are not meant to follow such traditions. Now please show me where, by historical fact, that Christmas, Easter and Birthday celebrations are in fact not pagan by origin, and in fact originated from God, and show me where in the Word of God that we are told to follow the ungodly traditions of men. Please show me, kwik, and don’t change the subject.

If you want me to know the truth, which is why you’re here at Worthy Christian Forums, right, to share in the truth with others? Then please show me the truth, as I have you.”

Now I ask the same of you, OneLight. I am either right or I am wrong. If I am following something that is not true, then please show me the truth. It would be amiss of me to not want to follow the Lord with all of my mind, heart and soul, wouldn't it?

“To the angel of the assembly in Laodicea write: “The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of God’s creation, says these things: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing;’ and don’t know that you are the wretched one, miserable, poor, blind, and naked; I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich; and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see. As many as I love, I reprove and chasten. Be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me. He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies.” (Rev 3:14-22 WEB)

You are far too legalistic to live in this world peacefully.  You must have a lot of turmoil during the holidays.  I am sorry for you if you do.

Tell me, does God look down a list of actions we have taken in this life to determine if we are good enough to enter into His rest, or does He search the hearts of men to see if we have accepted His truth?