believeUme

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think that satan the accuser of the brethren, is planting thoughts in the heads of common Christians to do his dirty work.

It makes sense

Why else would Christians shoot their own?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, believeUme said:

Do you think that satan the accuser of the brethren, is planting thoughts in the heads of common Christians to do his dirty work.

It makes sense

Why else would Christians shoot their own?

Of course Satan is trying to plant thoughts in the believers mind. He whispers gently in a person's ear and  tries to make them doubt God. Brings on anxiety and tries to make their life as miserable as possible. A Christian needs to stay focused on God and the Holy Word of the Bible. Pray often.  A Christian can memorize Scripture and say it out loud. Satan hates that. A Christian needs to keep their armor on at all times from Ephesians 6. A Christian is valuable to Satan. He doesn't bother with the unbelievers because he already has them.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Hi believeUme.

Paul speaks of being hindered many times by Satan in his spiritual work ( 1 Thess. 2;18). Peter also speaks of prayers being "hindered" even by wrong living on the part of those who pray ( 1 Peter 3:7).If this is true, then it is much more true that Satan and supernatural evil spirits can and do hinder prayers. The devil knows the individual disposition of each and every person, and he will wage spiritual warfare against each one according  to what he knows and thinks will be the best way to keep that person from staying close to God. Satan will stop at nothing to gain his end. He has no righteous principles about him and no respect for God or any man. he is out to defeat both God and man.

1 Thess. 2:  18, Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

1 Peter 3:  7, Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The enemy, Satan only has as much power as someone gives him.  We need to resist him and he will flee from you.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, RustyAngeL said:

The enemy, Satan only has as much power as someone gives him.  We need to resist him and he will flee from you.

Problem with this is that he can work on your friends and acquaintances.....   and even people you work with....     I'll give you an example, when we first got married, I was a woman looker....    I didn't realize how much it offended my wife, but it was kind of instilled in my makeup.     As I got away from it all day long incidents of wind blowing up dresses or ladies bending over and a lot of places downright showing themselves off.      and it didn't start until I started overtly correcting myself so as to not bother my wife.

You can keep him out of your head most of the time, but not necessarily your neighbors, and I have experienced the neighbor thing twice......   not a female thing but outright occult things.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Why would you look or listen to any of the things you just mentioned.  When your planted in Christ, you mind becomes Christ like.  You are not responsible for your friends and neighbors. Many times you have to pull away from friends and neighbors if they are not Christians.  Listen to Him and stay in His Word no matter what anyone else says.  Just don't listen to the evil one.

I'm going to add something to this.  I"m wondering if your neighbors and friends are saved.  I have a few unsaved friends and neighbors.  When they make a statement that I know is not true, I ignore it.  You, as someone said, have to state focused on the word of God and just not listen to what others are saying.  It really is that easy.  Just don't be swayed.

4 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Why would you look or listen to any of the things you just mentioned.  When your planted in Christ, you mind becomes Christ like.  You are not responsible for your friends and neighbors. Many times you have to pull away from friends and neighbors if they are not Christians.  Listen to Him and stay in His Word no matter what anyone else says.  Just don't listen to the evil one.

Yes, but it's not automatic; it's a process  that takes time, prayer and reading Scripture. Not to mention Satan can make things sound like we came up with the idea ourselves; this is why it's so important to have our minds renewed as Paul tells us in Scripture:

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:2, NASB, emphasis mine)

It's easy to say "just don't listen to the evil one"; it's another altogether when he can say things that, unless you know better, sound good or even Scriptural. Even Satan can quote Scripture.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, RobertS said:

Yes, but it's not automatic; it's a process  that takes time, prayer and reading Scripture. Not to mention Satan can make things sound like we came up with the idea ourselves; this is why it's so important to have our minds renewed as Paul tells us in Scripture:

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:2, NASB, emphasis mine)

It's easy to say "just don't listen to the evil one"; it's another altogether when he can say things that, unless you know better, sound good or even Scriptural. Even Satan can quote Scripture.

Yes, it is very important to have our minds renewed. And to allow ourselves to walk with the Holy Spirit at all times.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

6 hours ago, other one said:

Problem with this is that he can work on your friends and acquaintances.....   and even people you work with....     I'll give you an example, when we first got married, I was a woman looker....    I didn't realize how much it offended my wife, but it was kind of instilled in my makeup.     As I got away from it all day long incidents of wind blowing up dresses or ladies bending over and a lot of places downright showing themselves off.      and it didn't start until I started overtly correcting myself so as to not bother my wife.

You can keep him out of your head most of the time, but not necessarily your neighbors, and I have experienced the neighbor thing twice......   not a female thing but outright occult things.

i dont see the "Problem with this" ...from what Rusty said?maybe im not understanding right? or are you like saying it can be really hard to do when its family or acquaintances?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

21 minutes ago, shanee said:

i dont see the "Problem with this" ...from what Rusty said?maybe im not understanding right? or are you like saying it can be really hard to do when its family or acquaintances?

yes because those people have a free will just like everyone else and if they don't mind the devil giving them orders to effect your life, they will have the authority to make your life miserable.....   or tempt you with just about everything you can imagine.    Btw, it is not a simple thing to get rid of a demon out of a person if they don't want it gone...   you can kick it out, but it will come back for the person is ok with it.