WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - The Department of Homeland Security this week rejected requests to extend the amount of time five states have to develop identification cards compliant with the Real ID Act, upping the incentive for states to fall in line with the federal proof-of-identity law.

The move means that, come 2018, residents of Oklahoma, Kentucky, Maine, Pennsylvania and South Carolina might not be allowed to board commercial flights with only state driver’s licenses and would instead be required to use an alternative form of identification such as a passport, according to Homeland Security.

Rollout of the Real ID Act, which Congress adopted in 2005 to tighten license requirements in response to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, has spanned more than a decade as some states have made slow progress in meeting compliance standards and others have balked at the issuance of compliant IDs over privacy concerns. [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

they don't want to accept our drivers license as a valid ID, but don't even require anything to vote.   How senseless our country has become.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, other one said:

they don't want to accept our drivers license as a valid ID, but don't even require anything to vote.   How senseless our country has become.

Conservatism at its finest, this law was passed by a House and Senate and White House all controlled by the GOP.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

No. Refusing to require valid proof of citizenship to register to vote was something conservatives in my state wanted but it was during the obama administration that my state was sued to stop us from having that. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

On 10/14/2016 at 7:26 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

Conservatism at its finest, this law was passed by a House and Senate and White House all controlled by the GOP.

Just wondering - why do you continue to equate conservatism with the gop?  Can y0u name any gop elected official or LEADER - from the Bushes, Romney, McCain, McConnell, Ryan or Boehner on down who would be considered a conservative?  The best I can say about them is they are "democrat-lite".

You see - that's part of the problem we have.  No opposing viewpoints - yet "conservatism" gets the blame when there's blame to assign.   And most people buy it without thinking.  

Blessings,

-Ed

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Just wondering - why do you continue to equate conservatism with the gop?  Can y0u name any gop elected official or LEADER - from the Bushes, Romney, McCain, McConnell, Ryan or Boehner on down who would be considered a conservative?  The best I can say about them is they are "democrat-lite".

You see - that's part of the problem we have.  No opposing viewpoints - yet "conservatism" gets the blame when there's blame to assign.   And most people buy it without thinking.  

Blessings,

-Ed

They claim the title of the Conservative party and they are the party that the vast majority of conservatives vote for, thus they are what passes for conservatism in this country.  In talking with people who claim to be conservative I find that most are really not what I would call conservative.  But that is because I do not equate opposition to abortion and gay marriage to conservatism. 

7 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

They claim the title of the Conservative party and they are the party that the vast majority of conservatives vote for, thus they are what passes for conservatism in this country.  In talking with people who claim to be conservative I find that most are really not what I would call conservative.  But that is because I do not equate opposition to abortion and gay marriage to conservatism. 

I can claim to be a hamburger, but it doesn't make me one.  If you don't see the need to educate voters that the gentlemen I mentioned in my previous post ARE NOT conservatives, then you are part of the problem, not the solution.  And when I say conservative, I mean the smaller government and more liberty kind - the brand you purport to be.

I was going to post a much longer response, but that would be off the topic of the Real ID law.

I just couldn't let your blaming conservatives for this go by without comment.

Blessings,

-Ed

8 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I can claim to be a hamburger, but it doesn't make me one.  If you don't see the need to educate voters that the gentlemen I mentioned in my previous post ARE NOT conservatives, then you are part of the problem, not the solution.  And when I say conservative, I mean the smaller government and more liberty kind - the brand you purport to be.

I was going to post a much longer response, but that would be off the topic of the Real ID law.

I just couldn't let your blaming conservatives for this go by without comment.

Blessings,

-Ed

There are very, very few smaller government and more liberty kind conservatives that I have ran across in my lifetime.  Out of all the one's on here that claim the title of conservative, almost none of them are for smaller government or more liberty.  That is why I think it is fair to blame conservatives for the Real ID law, because the people that passed that bill are what passes for conservatives in our country. 

Even Regan, who you left off your list of fake conservatives was not a smaller government and more liberty kind of conservative. 

Again, we've kind of gone off topic so my apologies to the OP.

Maybe there's only a degree or two of separation in our views. I have said all along that we may be past the point where the nation's problems can be solved by elections.  Small government conservatism IS the solution, but it needs leaders and adherents.

If you are accurate in your assessment of there being very few liberty loving small government conservatives of this type, then that becomes a very long-shot, at best.

A massive program to educate people as to the benefits of liberty and smaller government would be helpful, but certainly the gop wouldn't support it. They have not in the past - why would they start, now?

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

8 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Again, we've kind of gone off topic so my apologies to the OP.

Maybe there's only a degree or two of separation in our views. I have said all along that we may be past the point where the nation's problems can be solved by elections.  Small government conservatism IS the solution, but it needs leaders and adherents.

If you are accurate in your assessment of there being very few liberty loving small government conservatives of this type, then that becomes a very long-shot, at best.

A massive program to educate people as to the benefits of liberty and smaller government would be helpful, but certainly the gop wouldn't support it. They have not in the past - why would they start, now?

Blessings,

-Ed

Nobody would support such a thing because nobody that holds the purse strings believes it to be a good thing.