• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I think all personnel on an airline should be qualified to give CPR and first aid. I am sure that they have to take CPR classes.

You would think so?

5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Along with my license, comes a small wallet sized credential. A validation of my medical license for my state. I dont carry mine but my husband carries his. 

AJ,

Would you assist someone absent your credentials on your person or is the risk of getting fined too great?

And 

Would you allow someone to assist to your personal medical emergency knowing they weren't carrying their papers?

I know its off the track of the OP but its still linked in part by the absenteeism of the required piece of paper.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 minute ago, HisFirst said:

AJ,

Would you assist someone absent your credentials on your person or is the risk of getting fined too great?

And 

Would you allow someone to assist to your personal medical emergency knowing they weren't carrying their papers?

I know its off the track of the OP but its still linked in part by the absenteeism of the required piece of paper.

On a plane, to rush past a stewardess who is telling you to sit down, would tend to get the air marshall a tad bit upset. You would be risking arrest. Even with the best intentions, the airline in our sue happy american society has to be careful. So I can see the point of view of the airline. 

As for helping others, in my state, we have a good samaritan law, where if you are injured in a car wreck, and someone tries to help you but ends up hurting you more, that person is exempt from being sued. Unless its a medical person. Medical professionals are not exempt under the good sam law. I know medical professionals who hesitate because of that exemption. Because people will sue a medical person without just cause. 

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

On a plane, to rush past a stewardess who is telling you to sit down, would tend to get the air marshall a tad bit upset. You would be risking arrest. Even with the best intentions, the airline in our sue happy american society has to be careful. So I can see the point of view of the airline. 

As for helping others, in my state, we have a good samaritan law, where if you are injured in a car wreck, and someone tries to help you but ends up hurting you more, that person is exempt from being sued. Unless its a medical person. Medical professionals are not exempt under the good sam law. I know medical professionals who hesitate because of that exemption. Because people will sue a medical person without just cause. 

Thats interesting about the med prof not being excempt under the GSam law.

Thanks AJ.