• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Dream or prophecy or not. Our world is going to see the most horrendous,horrible disasters it has ever seen in the seven year tribulation. It is coming up.It is future but could be just around the corner. I feel sorry for those who deny this they will have quite a surprise ahead of them.

Hello Missmuffet.  I am new to this forum and pleased to meet you.

So can i ask, are you in some way prophesying ?. The reason i ask is that you are sure, i mean you sound absolutely sure, then that will qualify you as a prophet.  I think i do understand what you are saying though as we look around and see the changes that are rapidly taking place with finance and morality ect.   But i have always wondered, what were the people that went through the world war thinking at that time, surely they were thinking the end must be near.

I think many are fearfull  of what will take place at the so call rapture and tribulation, but as i see it, when you become that new creation in christ you have entered a war that is just as frightfull and daming as the tribulation.   For those who have fought those wars, its real as the sun that rises every morning in the east.  The fear of death has to be overcome here, then the things of tommorw and its fears will fade.

John 12:25King James Version (KJV)

25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

36 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Hello Missmuffet.  I am new to this forum and pleased to meet you.

So can i ask, are you in some way prophesying ?. The reason i ask is that you are sure, i mean you sound absolutely sure, then that will qualify you as a prophet.  I think i do understand what you are saying though as we look around and see the changes that are rapidly taking place with finance and morality ect.   But i have always wondered, what were the people that went through the world war thinking at that time, surely they were thinking the end must be near.

I think many are fearfull  of what will take place at the so call rapture and tribulation, but as i see it, when you become that new creation in christ you have entered a war that is just as frightfull and daming as the tribulation.   For those who have fought those wars, its real as the sun that rises every morning in the east.  The fear of death has to be overcome here, then the things of tommorw and its fears will fade.

John 12:25King James Version (KJV)

25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Welcome to Worthy :)Are you sure you have the right person? Did I post about the changes that are rapidly taking place?I think that was someone else. No, nothing will compare to the upcoming seven year tribulation especially becoming a new creation in Christ. That really makes no sense to me. Are you a pre-tribulation believer? That will give me a better idea of where you are coming from.

I feel that the gift of prophecy ceased with the completion of the Bible. Having an interesting dream is one thing but taking it seriously and saying it is prophecy and has been given to you by God is another. I don't buy it.

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Welcome to Worthy :)Are you sure you have the right person? Did I post about the changes that are rapidly taking place?I think that was someone else. No, nothing will compare to the upcoming seven year tribulation especially becoming a new creation in Christ. That really makes no sense to me. Are you a pre-tribulation believer? That will give me a better idea of where you are coming from.

No you did not post about changes that are rapidly taking place, but you spoke about " Our world is going to see the most horrendous,horrible disasters it has ever seen in the seven year tribulation. It is coming up.It is future but could be just around the corner. "  So for that to take place the signs of the days preceeding that would be rapid deterioration of the world and events. It's my words actually, but i  think you know what i meant.

Well when you become a new creation, you enter a new spiritual realm, with the enemy trying and tempting you in ways that a just relentless.  It is called spiritual warfare and don't know about you folks, but the battles are real.  

About pre-tribulation or post tribulation.  I am not sure where i stand on that as i don't pay much attention to it really.  As a believer you have to be ready when the bridegroom come for his bride.  

Hopes this answers your questions. thanks for your patience. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

29 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I feel that the gift of prophecy ceased with the completion of the Bible. Having an interesting dream is one thing but taking it seriously and saying it is prophecy and has been given to you by God is another. I don't buy it.

The prophecy is coming true in many cases.  I"m not sure about gifts ceasing.  If God does not change then His word does not change.  I have never been clear on prophecy.  

Dr. Wilkerson was an excellent teacher.  I will have to see if I can find what  he said about proghecy...

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, RobertS said:

But not as frequent as now Jade.

I'm not standing for David Wilkerson here, but if for one moment we think things have been "continuing as they always have", we're wrong.

Tell me where homosexuality was accepted as the norm then? How widespread was divorce amongst pastors? Abortion? Apostasy? Biblical illiteracy?

Regardless of Wilkerson's or anyone else's "prophecies", we are not in the Tribulation but we are in the season.

no one said it was common then, just that it wasnt a hard thing to figure out that it would be in the future-didnt take divine inspiration, to know that.

38 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

No you did not post about changes that are rapidly taking place, but you spoke about " Our world is going to see the most horrendous,horrible disasters it has ever seen in the seven year tribulation. It is coming up.It is future but could be just around the corner. "  So for that to take place the signs of the days preceeding that would be rapid deterioration of the world and events. It's my words actually, but i  think you know what i meant.

Well when you become a new creation, you enter a new spiritual realm, with the enemy trying and tempting you in ways that a just relentless.  It is called spiritual warfare and don't know about you folks, but the battles are real.  

About pre-tribulation or post tribulation.  I am not sure where i stand on that as i don't pay much attention to it really.  As a believer you have to be ready when the bridegroom come for his bride.  

Hopes this answers your questions. thanks for your patience. 

Just like to explain a little more about the above i wrote, especially about when you become a new creation in christ.  John Bunyan book " The Pilgrims Progress " is a vivid account of a believer when he has taken or become a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.  It a masterpiece written only by someone who has experienced the trials that a believer would entail when he takes up the mantle to walk with the lord.   He demonstrates the trials and difficulties one will, not may, but will incur when he is walking towards the celestial city.  It is full of the obstacles and the unseen enemy that lurks to persuade him to turn back to the world and the traps set for him.

Although it is an allegory, it is my firm opinion that the lord has given this man great insights to pen these  words.  I have no proof of that, but as i said it is only my opinion.   In the end of that work, he presented his credentials that granted him entrance to the celestial city.   So we must strive to have and keep those credentials for when we present ourselves at the great  throne judgement .  Faithfullness and perseverance to the end.

Anyone who has not read pilgrims progress, i humbly suggest to have a read and see what you make of it.  Of course it does not replace or teaches anything away from scripture, but is just a man's story written with sound conviction of a pilgrims journey or walk in the christian life. 

thanks for the patience....

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

How long should it take for the prophecies to be considered true I mean it took Daniels prophecies many many centuries to start to come into alignment with the bible.

With that in mind who can I trust? None of  us will ever know for sure surely whether the chap down the road supposedly  speaking prophecies is a true prophet.

I mean Nostradamus and Leonardo da Vinci made a lot of statements that have supposedly come true and still to come true. Yeah you could say they are not men of God don’t know that much about them but some of the stuff that they mentioned has come true

http://cannonfire.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/prophecies-of-leonardo-da-vinci.html

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/the-lost-prophecy-reveals-chilling-future-events-the-last-words-to-mankind/

btw I am only using these two for illustrative purposes only I do not follow their thinking.

Well, Wilkerson put dates on some of his prophecies, and they did not come true, so it seems Mabel, the answer to your question "how long" is self evident.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

Just now, The_Patriot2016 said:

Well, Wilkerson put dates on some of his prophecies, and they did not come true, so it seems Mabel, the answer to your question "how long" is self evident.

ah but what about the things yet to be proven and that might not come to pass for the longest time.  by which time it would be forgotten about.so does this mean

if a person is partly right then he is a true prophet 

if a person is partly wrong he is a false prophet

and if a person's prophecy has yet to be proven then they are not proven as yet.

18 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

ah but what about the things yet to be proven and that might not come to pass for the longest time.  by which time it would be forgotten about.so does this mean

if a person is partly right then he is a true prophet 

if a person is partly wrong he is a false prophet

and if a person's prophecy has yet to be proven then they are not proven as yet.

The Bible doesn't say if SOME of a person's prophecies don't come true it's still OK. It's pretty clear, if ANY fail to be accurate-then he is NOT getting them from God. If Wilkerson was getting his prophecies from God, then they would ALL be accurate if so much as one prophecy did not come true, then that is proof he is not divinely inspired.

Since they are NOT all true, then the facts are, he is not a prophet of God. It's as simple as that. He is at best, a misguided minister, but most likely a liar and a false prophet.