• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.50
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

On 10/18/2016 at 8:03 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Well, I'd like to close my last post on this thread with a statement no one should disagree on.

"IF" it's from the Lord, it will be 100% accurate, 100% fulfilled, 100% of the time... Of that you can be 100% certain. 

I have heard many things that were inspired by God spoken by human mouths that didn't get it exactly right. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Well, I'd like to close my last post on this thread with a statement no one should disagree on.

"IF" it's from the Lord, it will be 100% accurate, 100% fulfilled, 100% of the time... Of that you can be 100% certain.                             Dennis

Agreed.....100%

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

30 minutes ago, shel said:

Patriot I don't think anybody said anything about relying on the words of men "over" the words of God.

Do you believe the gifts of the Spirit are still in operation, or that they have ceased? It's one or the other.

See, now if you had started off with that question, Instead of assuming my answer to it, we may have gotten somewhere. The answer is yes, biblically the gifts of the spirit are still in operation, though their form may have changed over the years.

That does not change the fact that Wilkerson is a false prophet. The scripture says that we will know a man by his fruit-if he was truly a prophet we would know because all his prophecies would have came true. Since they did not, then the fruits have shown he is NOT  a true prophet of God. It's as simple as that.

If we are willing to cling to the words of this man, whom has been shown to be a false prophet, contrary to what scripture says about the matter, then we are indeed clinging to the words of man before the words of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.50
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Oh, I apologize for assuming you believe the gifts have ceased.

I don't believe modern prophets are necessarily 100% accurate. Wouldn't they need to be sinless and basically not human for that to be true?

3 minutes ago, shel said:

I don't believe modern prophets are necessarily 100% accurate. Wouldn't they need to be sinless and basically not human for that to be true?

No, they don't need to be sinless but they need to get the prophecies right, because that is what the bible states they have to do to be a prophet. Its what the Bible says-not me.

All the prophets in the bible have sinned, but none, ever got a prophesy wrong. 

Don't get me wrong-im not saying Wilkerson wasnt a christian. Or that he didn't love God. He may have, I don't know his heart. But I know he wasn't a prophet, and that puts a damper on his entire ministry.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

There have been many people in the past that have "prophesied" in the future. Many if not all of them have not come true. God's Word has all the prophecy we need and we need to be looking there to check and see if the person is prophesying the truth. While David Wilkerson was a godly man and served the Lord by going to the gangs it doesn't make him, or qualify him, for that matter to be a prophet. 

As far as his prophecy is concerned this Russia/US conflict has been going on for years. It isn't a new thing. The US going bankrupt isn't new and anyone can figure out that when government spends it puts us further into debt. The only conclusion to that is that we default, our monetary system fails and when that happens greedy countries will try and take a weak country. 

As several posters have said, unless the person says, "Thus says the Lord.." and the event comes true down to the last syllable the person is not a prophet and we need to avoid them at all cost.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, shel said:

No, prophets do not need to be sinless in order to prophecy correctly.  For example, Balaam was a rascal. 

However, they do need to speak or write by DIVINE INSPIRATION, which would make their prophecies inerrant and infallible (2 Pet 1:19-21).  And Balaam could not help but prophesy according to what God gave him.

The spiritual gifts of prophets and apostles ended with the completion of the book of Revelation (Rev 22:18,19). Anything claimed to be a "prophecy" today is simply  (a) either a reiteration of what has already been revealed or (b) personal musings which any Christian could come up with.  

I do not believe that a single contemporary prophet would dare claim that his prophecies are equivalent to Scripture. And that is the crux of the issue.

A true prophet of God, does not actually predict anything. The word prophet is probably better translated as "messenger" because God, is the one who makes the prophesy, and then conveys it to his chosen messenger, who relays it to His people. God, being perfect, will never prophesy something that isn't true.

If what the person prophesies doesn't come true it means one of two things-one, he came up with it on his own, or 2 he's not listening to what God is saying. Either way, it makes the person a false prophet because they are not conveying what God has told him or her to do. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, shel said:

Were the prophets of old sinless? Yet their prophecies were 100% accurate or they were deemed false by the very word of God. 

No one is sinless. Any modern prophet who claims to speak in the word of God must be 100% accurate too. Nowhere did God say that condition has changed.