• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

No, they don't need to be sinless but they need to get the prophecies right, because that is what the bible states they have to do to be a prophet. Its what the Bible says-not me.

All the prophets in the bible have sinned, but none, ever got a prophesy wrong. 

Don't get me wrong-im not saying Wilkerson wasnt a christian. Or that he didn't love God. He may have, I don't know his heart. But I know he wasn't a prophet, and that puts a damper on his entire ministry.

This leads to a question I'm interested in. Off hand I'd have to look it up in the scriptures, so this is just by memory. I think I recall somewhere in scripture where is says God will not judge a nation until He informs His Prophets? Assuming that's correct, could that be applied to Israel, the Old Testament and / or today?

IF, I'm correct in my recollection, how do we discern whom God's prophets are today? 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

This leads to a question I'm interested in. Off hand I'd have to look it up in the scriptures, so this is just by memory. I think I recall somewhere in scripture where is says God will not judge a nation until He informs His Prophets? Assuming that's correct, could that be applied to Israel, the Old Testament and / or today?

IF, I'm correct in my recollection, how do we discern whom God's prophets are today? 

Honestly, right now, I don't really think we need a prophet of old to tell us the end is near, the Bible itself forewarns it. Unlike the Israelites of old, we have the Bible that tells us exactly what will happen to countries that do not follow Him, and what will happen to the world in the end.

While I'm not a cessasionalist, I do think that the form of the gifts has changed. I think the gifts are given to fulfill a need. Prophets of the OT were there, and they were given predictions for us to see because there was a need for it, people didn't have a Bible to look back on, the prophets were Gods way of not only carrying out His plan and showing His divinity, but also of leading His people, people knew they were from God because their prophecies came true.

Now, all the prophecies that need made, have been made, and its all documented in His book, the Bible. There is no need for further prophecies.

Now, that does not mean prophets don't exist, in fact quite the opposite, their roles have just changed. I don't think they have the one on one time with God, and they don't get new messages. But, they are still messengers of God.

But instead of giving unneeded new prophecies, these prophets still carry a message-they have been given a passion for scripture, particularly the prophecies in scripture, and are tasked with helping others understand what the scripture says concerning the end times. It is their job to tell people what the Bible says will happen if a nation falls away (the signs are listed in the Bible) a prophet can discern hey, this maybe a warning. 

A true prophet will not tell you anything that is not in scripture and definitely will not share something that is contrary to scripture. Always weigh what anyone tells you, including me, with what scripture says. 

And the passage your referring to I believe is Ezekiel 3:17-19.

Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

I think I recall somewhere in scripture where is says God will not judge a nation until He informs His Prophets? Assuming that's correct, could that be applied to Israel, the Old Testament and / or today?

It can certainly be applied to America and the West today.  All these nations had the Bible for hundreds of years, along with preachers.  America has been warned over and over again.  As well, the natural disasters which have befallen the USA are further warnings of judgments to come.

25 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Honestly, right now, I don't really think we need a prophet of old to tell us the end is near, the Bible itself forewarns it. Unlike the Israelites of old, we have the Bible that tells us exactly what will happen to countries that do not follow Him, and what will happen to the world in the end.

While I'm not a cessasionalist, I do think that the form of the gifts has changed. I think the gifts are given to fulfill a need. Prophets of the OT were there, and they were given predictions for us to see because there was a need for it, people didn't have a Bible to look back on, the prophets were Gods way of not only carrying out His plan and showing His divinity, but also of leading His people, people knew they were from God because their prophecies came true.

Now, all the prophecies that need made, have been made, and its all documented in His book, the Bible. There is no need for further prophecies.

Now, that does not mean prophets don't exist, in fact quite the opposite, their roles have just changed. I don't think they have the one on one time with God, and they don't get new messages. But, they are still messengers of God.

But instead of giving unneeded new prophecies, these prophets still carry a message-they have been given a passion for scripture, particularly the prophecies in scripture, and are tasked with helping others understand what the scripture says concerning the end times. It is their job to tell people what the Bible says will happen if a nation falls away (the signs are listed in the Bible) a prophet can discern hey, this maybe a warning. 

A true prophet will not tell you anything that is not in scripture and definitely will not share something that is contrary to scripture. Always weigh what anyone tells you, including me, with what scripture says. 

And the passage your referring to I believe is Ezekiel 3:17-19.

Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.

Yep, that is what I was thinking about, thanks.

I think along the lines you do, that we have the warnings and prophecy in the Bible.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

No, they don't need to be sinless but they need to get the prophecies right, because that is what the bible states they have to do to be a prophet. Its what the Bible says-not me.

All the prophets in the bible have sinned, but none, ever got a prophesy wrong. 

Don't get me wrong-im not saying Wilkerson wasnt a christian. Or that he didn't love God. He may have, I don't know his heart. But I know he wasn't a prophet, and that puts a damper on his entire ministry.

We cannot judge his ministry.  If he said the lord said this comes to past and it did not. Then it proves the lord did not speak to him. But his ministry  of bible teaching and gospel preaching and church pastoring does not become damper. His prophecy needs to be rebuke thats all.

3 minutes ago, Ezra said:

It can certainly be applied to America and the West today.  All these nations had the Bible for hundreds of years, along with preachers.  America has been warned over and over again.  As well, the natural disasters which have befallen the USA are further warnings of judgments to come.

I certainly agree 100%.

If I'm interrupting it correctly, the world is going to get 144,000 evangelists and Israel two witnesses in the latter-days. I won't go into a debate of which two I suspect they might be but... We are certainly getting plenty of unmistakable warnings and prophetic signs.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

31 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

We cannot judge his ministry.  If he said the lord said this comes to past and it did not. Then it proves the lord did not speak to him. But his ministry  of bible teaching and gospel preaching and church pastoring does not become damper. His prophecy needs to be rebuke thats all.

It does though. Again, I'm not saying he wasn't a christian or had I'll intent, but if a christian minister gets up and teaches things that are wrong, then it will hinder his ministry. Now any minister will make mistakes, but a good minister will surround himself with people who will call him out if he gets out of line. Wilkerson either did not have these, or he ignored them and continued on, as i have seen to date no sign of him repenting of his false teachings (please correct me if I'm wrong) It does put a damper on them, because how can we trust him. Good intentions or not. I'm not attacking the man, just pointing out it can and does put a damper on his ministry-especially since a large part of his followers were drawn to him due to his prophecies, which were in error.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I certainly agree 100%.

If I'm interrupting it correctly, the world is going to get 144,000 evangelists and Israel two witnesses in the latter-days. I won't go into a debate of which two I suspect they might be but... We are certainly getting plenty of unmistakable warnings and prophetic signs.

Below is the passage about the 144k. Nowhere have I read that they are evangelists. In fact, the bible says they are first fruits. Im curious where you got the idea that they are evangelists.

Revelation 14

3 And they sang as it were a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. And no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousands who were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are those who were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are those who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, as a firstfruit to God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile, for they were without blemish before the throne of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Below is the passage about the 144k. Nowhere have I read that they are evangelists.

Ayin, it is a common misunderstanding that they are evangelists. However Scripture shows them are having been raptured from earth -- "redeemed from the earth" -- to surround the throne of God with songs of praise.