• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/16/2016 at 4:44 AM, kwikphilly said:

Recently I noticed many discussions where someone asks a simply question"Where did you get that information?

To deal with this we should always quote Scripture in context with a proper interpretation.

As to other secular information, most of us do not have genuine access to primary sources when it comes to news items. We rely on what is published, and even there, sources which are generally considered reliable may or may not present the facts.  

What we should remember is that the mainstream media (MSM) have now been clearly exposed as a source of false and biased information. For example, almost all the so-called polls are rigged.  Climate change is a hoax, but promoted as scientific fact by those with another agenda. Evolution is another hoax presented as fact.

Are there real conspiracies?  Absolutely. But are we going to get all the truth? Not really.  Furthermore, there have been a string of deaths, or alleged suicides, among those who have been trying to expose the conspiracies. Here's a report from Your News Wire based upon information obtained by the Russian Intelligence Service (SVR).

http://yournewswire.com/man-who-leaked-clintons-medical-records-found-dead/

Should we trust this?  Well, based upon the history of the Clintons this is more than likely the truth. However, people are free to dismiss it if they so choose.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Kwikphilly good reminders Sis! :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Kwikphilly good reminders Sis! :)                                                            GE

Amen Brother ,let us pray they are well RECEIVED......."Hmmm,do I do that?" Where do I look?' "In WHOM do I put my trust?" etc,,,etc,,,,,,I always pray 'Lord show me my heart,show me my errors.,show me what I probably don't want to see"....lol,it works well although sometimes it stings a little! Praise Jesus!

With love-your Sis Kwik..

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

One of my pet peeves when it comes to scripture is Christians taking a verse and making a complete doctrine out of it. I personally want to see that verse in context and then we can understand the meaning of what is said. With that being said I have to venture that most Christian's today talk a good talk but have no clue what they are talking about. When questioned they get defensive and irritable and cannot reason properly. It's because they do not know God's Word like they should. Quite honestly I don't know it always either. And I can guess that we can all agree that we don't know scripture as we ought to. 

With that being said, I will always question a verse being used until I actually look at the scripture passage as a whole. That's why most of the people I know that come up with stuff hate talking with me because I make them question the actually interpretation of the verse. 

Now for the electronic searches and such. I am all for electronics(being a programmer) and love the ease of using an electronic Bible etc. However I don't rely on it. For my Bible study I use a real Bible. I use the electronic version when I am on the fly, working or just need something quick and easy. I firmly believe that all believers should know how to find something in a real Bible. Sadly though, even in church, I am finding that many members are using cell phones for their Bibles. It's sad and quite honestly scary. 

Guest BacKaran

I'd like to suggest that as one reads the Bible, they read it using hermanuetics, meaning understanding who the author is, whos the audience he's writing to at the time and put it in context with what was happening at the time. Many people don't understand what the Bible says because they are viewing it in the 21st century worldview and not using a biblical view. I'm a newbie and would still call myself a baby Christian but I've learned and seen so much from God over the past decades, sometimes it feels like my head's going to explode He's revealing so much to me!!!

21 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

I'd like to suggest that as one reads the Bible, they read it using hermanuetics, meaning understanding who the author is, whos the audience he's writing to at the time and put it in context with what was happening at the time. Many people don't understand what the Bible says because they are viewing it in the 21st century worldview and not using a biblical view. I'm a newbie and would still call myself a baby Christian but I've learned and seen so much from God over the past decades, sometimes it feels like my head's going to explode He's revealing so much to me!!!

And this is very true. However keep in mind that while times have changed God's Word has not. Yes we must look at the context and His Word applies to today's world as it did 2000 years ago. We have to be careful that we don't say, "Well it was set during Jesus' time and our world isn't the same way today so it doesn't apply." While I know that this isn't what you are doing the danger is there. Always read the Bible in context knowing the history, authors, etc but at the same time know that God's Word is still very, very applicable to our lives here in the 21st Century.

Guest BacKaran

I agree, I've read some chapter s over and over and suddenly I understand another aspect of how it relates to me. The Bible is inexhaustible. I like this saying ...my tiny finite mind will never be able to hold His infinite wisdom on this fallen earth!

Just now, BacKaran said:

I agree, I've read some chapter s over and over and suddenly I understand another aspect of how it relates to me. The Bible is inexhaustible. I like this saying ...my tiny finite mind will never be able to hold His infinite wisdom on this fallen earth!

None of us can ever completely understand it. Not until we are in heaven with Christ. And even then we will be learning about him throughout all eternity. And I know, even after being a Christian for over 32 years, I am always finding something knew and going, "Huh, I never saw that there before.". I have always believed that as we spend more time with God and His Word the Holy Spirit will reveal more and more to us. We just have to be willing to spend the time and listen. This is where I fail many times. However I keep pressing on to win that prize of Christ saying, "well done thou good and faithful servant.".

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

On 10/16/2016 at 3:54 PM, Yowm said:

Well of course...G-O-O-G-L-E. rotfl.gif

:24: