• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/24/2016 at 1:02 PM, Jaydog1976 said:

One of my pet peeves when it comes to scripture is Christians taking a verse and making a complete doctrine out of it. I personally want to see that verse in context and then we can understand the meaning of what is said. With that being said I have to venture that most Christian's today talk a good talk but have no clue what they are talking about. When questioned they get defensive and irritable and cannot reason properly. It's because they do not know God's Word like they should. Quite honestly I don't know it always either. And I can guess that we can all agree that we don't know scripture as we ought to. 

With that being said, I will always question a verse being used until I actually look at the scripture passage as a whole. That's why most of the people I know that come up with stuff hate talking with me because I make them question the actually interpretation of the verse. 

Now for the electronic searches and such. I am all for electronics(being a programmer) and love the ease of using an electronic Bible etc. However I don't rely on it. For my Bible study I use a real Bible. I use the electronic version when I am on the fly, working or just need something quick and easy. I firmly believe that all believers should know how to find something in a real Bible. Sadly though, even in church, I am finding that many members are using cell phones for their Bibles. It's sad and quite honestly scary. 

I totally agree. Computers get slow, corrupt, malfunction, get viruses and break. Here we have frequent electrical disruptions and flickers. Nothing can beat touching and holding the Word of God in your very own hands.

For deep study, I do like the e-Sword program for quick look ups of Strong's numbers of Hebrew and Greek words.