• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brothers & Sisters
      Recently I noticed many discussions where someone asks a simply question"Where did you get that information?"I'm sure that has always been a very common question but there are a couple of reasons that it really got my attention and I will go on to explain why....
       There are several re-actions(please not I intentionally used the word REACTION here) A) the person who has been asked this question will take offense & reply"I don't have to answer that B) Try to defend their position by quoting verses of Scripture completely out of context Immediately they copy C) In less than 30 seconds they will copy/paste an answer from an information website that is someones commentary or answer which is their personal interpretation and D) they simply post an external link?
        Then,you do have people that do not REACT but replies after a few minutes,hours or even the next day...these folks usually will take the time to explain where & why  or they truly don't remember and will say so OR tell you they will get back to you....& I'm sure there are tons of other responses to the question but that is just to name a few

The reason I started this discussion is so you(we) can all ask ourselves "Where do get MY information" In other words ,,,"what are your sources & do you really take the time to test & approve?

2 Timothy 3:16  ESV

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction

Not only should we see if the information we gathered is in accordance with Gods Word but also we must make sure that whoever has quoted Scripture has done so accurately......if someone responds & post a verse of Scripture do you go to the Bible to see that it has been quoted correctly?Perhaps you have memorized each& every Word that you do know it is precise?Well,Holy Spirit does bring Remembrance to us as we are firmly rooted & grounded in the Word of God ,yet ,,,ask yourself,have I prayed & tried the spirit?
      You see,I did a little experiment with a dear friend of mine & asked her if I was quoting the Scriptures accurately(I changed one word here & one word there,it w4ould be similar & still it changed the entire meaning of Gods Word)   As a mature Spirit Filled woman of god ,her first response was "Let me first get my Bible" I said"No no,I want to try something" So she agreed & the outcome was not a surprise,,,,,she didn't notice,couldn't pinpoint the error.....being she is well versed in Scripture  she often said" Wait a minute ,that does not seem quite right!!!!"
     There are many times I see someones a reply ,full of quoted Scriptures,some I know very well(to the letter) & others I double check to make sure......& then there are times,I must admit,that I carelessly have taken for granted that they are accurate without giving it much thought.....don't you?
     So please,don't take anyone at THEIR word,we humans can & do make mistakes,we are not perfect although we strive for Perfection in Christ Jesus.It is not a race to put up a reply as quickly as possible,if you are unsure of the answer & have a favorite website that you believe to be a reliable source,check it....be sure they have not only provided good information but that their sources are good also & ACCURATE,,,,,just because someone refers to Scripture does not mean the shoe fits or that it was even copied without addition or with omission......we each have a responsibility to seek Gods Truth ,we have a PERSONAL Relationship with God in Christ,we are Indwelled by Holy Spirit,we can approach the Throne of Grace Boldly & Confidently for ourselves,,,,& one day when we are asked  the very same question,by Jesus,,,,,"Because he/she said so" will not suffice.....
     The internet provides a wealth of information & if you do your due diligence you can benefit tremendously by what is available but be CAREFUL & VIGILANT.....Google is not a source in itself,I hear a lot of people say "Well,I googled it!" ...Great.but where did google lead you to ,it is merely a search engine to point you in the right direction....In my younger days we didn't have computers,the library was one place to go to find information....we had to "take notes" & would end up with heaps & heaps of paperwork to do research.....a few times I have been asked what my sources are & honestly,it could take weeks to sort through hundreds of papers to find but I can tell you this much,I never took anyone's word for what they said to be "facts"....I looked it up * then I looked that up which lead to looking that up & so on & so on.......today,everything is at your fingertips in an instant we can research what may have taken many days so it is not that difficult    And the same goes for rumors & hearsay,just because there are 5 websites that say "So & so is a false teacher" does not make it so,did you hear with your own ears,who are these people saying so?and more importantly,WHY are they saying so.....have they quoted  one paragraph that was certainly a false doctrine that the person said & nobody quoted the second paragraph where that person explained that he was showing a false doctrine?lol    Be alert,double check,triple  check....do not be a rumor monger just because you have not taken the time to do proper research,that is not what a Christian does,,,,,we have to be accountable for every word spoken........and many things we do not know or are not sure of we must be sure to say so OR don't say it,it is not edifying.....We don't have to have ALL the answers nor are we expected to,I very rarely hear 3 little words ...."I don't know" or "I wouldn't know".....they are not difficult words to say
    Thanks for reading & I do hope to encourage everyone to got the extra mile and with just a little more time & effort I guarantee that we will grow that much more and not only be Bountifully Blessed but be a blessing as well! I am excited to hear what you have to offer to contribute to this Topic & if you have anything to add to enrich this Body of Christ,,,,,,,Peace to you & have a Glorious day with God!!!
                                                                                       With love-in Christ,kwik

I think that part of the issue is that many people on this forum don't actually read the Bible for themselves and/or are too lazy to go look something up for themselves. They want to be spoon fed, even though they may masquerade as mature, knowledgeable Christians. Many times the subject has been discussed on other threads, where Chapter and Verse have been given, and the respondent has participated in, yet are asking for the same chapter and verse be given. It can be quite frustrating. JMO

Blessings Rick

I think you are right & that is what gives me concern,how can anyone grow in spirit,learn & Receive if they are not seeking God in His Word? It is quite obvious when(as you just said) they are not "hearing" if only 5 minutes before they are asking the very same thing,it is not Received,,,,,All too often folks want to talk but they seem truly not interested in anyone else's input,,,certainly not interested enough to look deeper than quickly glancing at a reply &  reacting to it carnally......of course this does not apply to everyone but for the one's that it does apply to I hope they will reconsider & realize there is so much to Receive with a teachable spirit,to be hungry & thirsty for the Word of God

I cannot begin to count the number of times I have learned something from this Worthy Ministry and surprising as it may seem it was from something posted inaccurately that I discovered from looking into their sources or from looking up a verse of Scripture that was taken out of context that prompted me to read the w4hole chapter yet again,even if I've read it a hundred times before,,,,It is the Living Word of God,the applications are immeasurable    

Thank you for your input                             Praise & Glory to God!!!                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I usually use blueletterbible.org as an online concordance then google the online kjv of the scripture I want to copy and post.  I tend to be very....skeptical about any online resource that wants to "explain" what the bible is trying to tell me. I am not saying they are wrong but I think people can take someone's interpretation of what they think the Word says as the Word itself and that I believe is a bad thing to do. To be honest I don't really even like study bibles.  I think that for me at least a huge part of my relationship with God is allowing the Holy Spirit to show me things in the Word. I wanted to add that this does not mean I do not have great teachers. I have been overly blessed by the teachers and pastors God has put in my path and I have learned much from them. :)

Edited by Flsnookman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Ill step forward and say Im guilty. I ask a lot of questions on Worthy and so far people have ignored my ignorance and have

patiently took the time to explain things to me so I can understand and learn. Since 2012 I have learned so much from a small group of people I dearly respect and admire for their knowledge and their love of the Lord.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/03/1959

1 hour ago, coheir said:

I dearly respect and admire for their knowledge and their love of the Lord.

what a great compliment mate. riches from Heaven await you as you look to your potter

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Kwikphilly,

Good topic. I have God`s word, foremost & find just meditating on a small part opens up volumes & enriches my spirit. Then I have my Bible College notes & Charles J. Rolls` 5 books on the names & titles of our Lord - even a paragraph of that can have me thinking & praising & meditating throughout the day.

Love to read God`s caring & so encouraging words through your dear sis, then the prayers, like Petula with a quiet humble heart, & the `teachers,` Shiloh & Ezra, generally have good things to open up more of God`s word, & so many more that God is speaking through that lift my heart & make me so praise the Lord for HIS wonderful work through His body - that is a truly living reference - the Body of Christ.

love Marilyn. 

Only religious heathens believe that the Gospel is about the redemption of one man named Jesus.                                               Logoman

All the activity of Life belongs in her, the Mother, also known as God's Creation.                                                                         Logoman

No man will ever find the Truth by reading the Bible.                                                                                                                Logoman

That's why there is very little knowledge of God left in the New Testament that unspiritual men produced.                                      Logoman

However, a few of the saints writings have turned up this last century like the Gospel of Thomas which contains secret sayings that only I can understand. 

Logoman

By your own mouth it is obvious you are not getting your information from the Word of God or Holy Spirit......I needn't add anything else,it is plain to see

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, Logoman said:

When unspiritual men use the words written in the Bible, there will be much confusion with their false interpretations that they try teach other unspiritual men with. Spiritual men get taught directly from our Father who delivers all His knowledge via the Holy Spirit. Once the Spiritual man attains enough knowledge of God, he will understand everything that's written in the scriptures. The Spiritual man then is equipped with the knowledge of God to use the scriptures to prove to liars ( unspiritual men ) that they are liars who aren't being led by the Holy Spirit. 

Those IN Christ understand that unspiritual men can only read the word "Christ" in the Bible and believe that it is the last name of a man who was used to speak Christ to God's chosen believers. 

unspiritual men? Do you mean ungodly men? Satan has used false people to mislead and difficult people to overwhelm us with their drama since the beginning of time. That's why we need to read the Bible for ourselves and prey vigilantly.  The Bible was written under the guidance of the holy spirit and it is only those who use church as a McDonald's for the soul that are truly susceptible to the leaven of the Pharisees.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

11 minutes ago, Logoman said:

Man sleeps with the enemy every single night until Satan and the Beast are destroyed. Then man will eat freely from the Tree of Life forever and ever. Most men do not know who the enemy is but I certainly do and I can't wait for my enemy to be destroyed. 

Man lives in a toxic environment in which we Christians have a chemical suit to encompass us which is called Christ. If other people build their houses on the sand, they will have to deal with that when the storm comes, but that is their decision and it's not because of the lack of Christian's efforts to bring them to Christ.