• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Greetings Everyone,

Again, the age old American question, is America in biblical prophecy anywhere? I know; Australia, Canada, Mexico etc. are not mentioned in end time eschatology either. But a person would think the world's only superpower (we lost that status) would be tucked somewhere in the Bible if we were relevant or played a role? So that leads me to think, somewhere along the line prior to the beginning of the tribulation, America becomes irrelevant or ceases to exist for one reason or another? There are multiple ways and means on how this could likely occur (nuclear strike, EMP, multiple terrorist attacks, economic collapse, severe natural disasters, combinations of, etc.).

Obviously if the U.S. were still a unified nation in existence during all this war and turmoil that is to come, we would not have the option to be neutral and standby idly, we would have to take sides and be a player.

There's conjecture and speculation that America could be referred to as "isles that dwell safely / securely" or the reference to a lion with eagle's wings being plucked (lion representing England and eagle's wings plucked representing the U.S.).

As a Christian I'm secure in the knowledge of my future and I shouldn't be all that concerned, but in the flesh as an American, I'm very curious as to our fate as a country. Perhaps the Lord is holding this information back as a mystery, or I'm not understanding the revelations? I know there are many here at Worthy that know their Bibles and prophecy much better than I. Does anyone want to conjecture or speculate (based on scripture) how or why the leading nation on earth is not mentioned?

I highly suspect that God's patience with America expires and America gets their long overdue judgement(s). Anyone studied this subject in detail and come to any conclusions or insight? 

EDIT: It's obvious the books that were "shut up" for a future generation that would have the understanding and knowledge are rapidly being opened. Who in this day doesn't understand much more than our grandfathers did on how our modern technologies easily fit biblical eschatology? No one in previous generations could have possibly understood; nuclear energy, computers, space travel, DNA, robotics, nano technology, three parent children, string theory, etc. We are getting much better insight into eschatology almost by the day. 

Edited by Dennis1209
addition

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Gods patience if far greater then any of us will ever understand, and some will argue until we are with Him.  Search the scriptures for "all nations" and that is where every nation not listed by itself is included.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Dennis

I suppose the recent headline news about Russia is what prompted you to ask these questions,is that right? To tell you the truth,my 1st thoughts were "Wow,imagine if America were just GONE?" Hmmmm,then a little spirit of fear made it's feeble attempt to distract focus "Jesus" but knowing Gods Word the thoughts were cast off & Holy Spirit brought Remembrance to me.....

King James Bible
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Matthew 24:6

The Prince of Peace,Praise Jesus! And so the Comforter Embraced us and then I thought.......

Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him (Luke 12:35-40). 

Yes,yes.....much work to be done whether I never live to see another day here on this earth...."This is the day the Lord has made & I shall Rejoice & be glad in it!!!!!"(Psalm 118:24)    God is in Control,Patient ,Merciful & Long Suffering,,,,,Just another reminder to not worry about tomorrow,today has enough cares of it's own(Matt 6:24)                         There is Good News to share,,,,,,,let's get busy sharing it!!!!                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

I have always been curious as to the identity of the great city Babylon in Rev 18.

When the great city Babylon is destroyed in Rev 18, the description of the great city is striking; as is the reaction of the merchants of the sea when Babylon is burned with fire in one hour.

We buy everything.

We are the number one consumer nation in the world by a factor of 10 over the #2 consumer nation.

Means we buy 10 times more than anyone else. We make the merchants who trade by sea rich because we import so many goods. In 2010 the port of New York took in 175 billion worth of goods, up 50% from 2009! The ports in Long Beach and L.A. are more than double that size in volume. The US imported 1.8 trillion in total imports, petroleum goods are less than 20% of that total, by August of 2016. Most of which goes through Long Beach and L.A.

A quick look at the description of Babylon from Rev 18 shows stunning similarity to L.A., with Long Beach being right next door. Scary.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

I have always been curious as to the identity of the great city Babylon in Rev 18.

When the great city Babylon is destroyed in Rev 18, the description of the great city is striking; as is the reaction of the merchants of the sea when Babylon is burned with fire in one hour.

We buy everything.

We are the number one consumer nation in the world by a factor of 10 over the #2 consumer nation.

Means we buy 10 times more than anyone else. We make the merchants who trade by sea rich because we import so many goods. In 2010 the port of New York took in 175 billion worth of goods, up 50% from 2009! The ports in Long Beach and L.A. are more than double that size in volume. The US imported 1.8 trillion in total imports, petroleum goods are less than 20% of that total, by August of 2016. Most of which goes through Long Beach and L.A.

A quick look at the description of Babylon from Rev 18 shows stunning similarity to L.A., with Long Beach being right next door. Scary.

If one believes that we are close [ how to measure that] to the end times and this or the next generation may witness the coming of the lord, then you will have no choice but to come to that conclusion.   However, the bible says no man knows that hour and America is not literally mentioned in the bible.  Lots of world affairs that the leader of the modern world are adopted by most countries. As the saying goes, if america sneezes the rest of the world catches the cold.  She indeed promotes and sets the stage for both good and gruesome things.   

Revelation 17King James Version (KJV)

17 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

I have always been intriqued and fascinated by the above scripture verse.   who are the inhabitants of the earth. Does it refer to all men excluding christians or is christians included here and if so what is the "WINE OF HER FORNICATION ".   Decipher this and a great mystrey would be unravelled.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

, I'm very curious as to our fate as a country. Perhaps the Lord is holding this information back as a mystery, or I'm not understanding the revelations? I know there are many here at Worthy that know their Bibles and prophecy much better than I. Does anyone want to conjecture or speculate (based on scripture) how or why the leading nation on earth is not mentioned?

Hi Dennis,

America is only one of Major Federations in our times - the British Commonwealth, the European Union & the Russian Federation are also. If you will read Daniel 7 you will see that the final kingdom/Federation is dealt with by God but the other great Federations are allowed to continue but not with their ruling power.

BTW are you looking for the word `America` in God`s word. Remember that Persia is now called Iran. We need to look at where America originated from - Britain & what emblems are recognisable for these great powers.

Marilyn. 

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, warrior12 said:

If one believes that we are close [ how to measure that] to the end times and this or the next generation may witness the coming of the lord, then you will have no choice but to come to that conclusion.   However, the bible says no man knows that hour and America is not literally mentioned in the bible.  Lots of world affairs that the leader of the modern world are adopted by most countries. As the saying goes, if america sneezes the rest of the world catches the cold.  She indeed promotes and sets the stage for both good and gruesome things.   

Revelation 17King James Version (KJV)

17 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

I have always been intriqued and fascinated by the above scripture verse.   who are the inhabitants of the earth. Does it refer to all men excluding christians or is christians included here and if so what is the "WINE OF HER FORNICATION ".   Decipher this and a great mystrey would be unravelled.

I don't know if we are close or not either. I asked that in another thread and it didn't really get narrowed down to an event or a time frame. I didn't really come to a conclusion. I just noticed Babylon described twice and looked at the Rev 18 description closer. It seemed odd that Babylon is a spiritual whore in Rev 17 but then is described as a great city that makes the world of sea trade rich in Rev 18. Not only that, but the description is long and detailed and repeats important details about trade and riches and the merchants, and of course the sudden and total destruction.  To me, when the bible speaks of fornication in the context of  Rev 17 it brings to mind spiritual fornication i.e., turning from the one true God and worshiping a false god, or false gods. Always thought that was the catholic church as that organization promotes a dozen false gods to it's congregation, she insinuated into political affairs over the centuries in many countries, was a king maker and an usurper and persecuted the saints by torture and death. So it seemed to fit. But the Vatican doesn't fit too well with economic Babylon in Rev 18. I am unconvinced that the Babylons are separate and unconvinced they are the same. Just don't have the insight yet.

Actually, when I made this post I had forgot about Putin telling all Russians to get out of America now, and Putin preparing the Russians for nuclear war until Kwikphilly mentioned it. Based on Vladimir Putin's actions, statements and ambitions, I wouldn't be surprised seeing him with "a hook in his jaw' on television sometime in the future (that was a pun). Even a cursory look at Putin reveals an intelligent and dangerous communist that is on the path to try and restore Russia to its former glory and another geographical expansion. Anyone remember the barbaric radioactive poisoning he had ordered done to (if memory serves) the former President of Georgia? 

One has to wonder what significance to endtime prophecy there is with Russia's move into Syria? As everyone here knows, they are building up an apparent permanent presence there and possibly a staging area for further conquests and goals. This is another interesting area to monitor closely and watch how things unfold. I think this Syria deal is a precursor of major actions to come. As things are unfolding, I believe one of the major 'spoils' Russia wants is natural gas and oil. 

One of the many things I find amazing is, after eons of not knowing it, the land of tiny Israel is 'suddenly' loaded with an abundance of natural gas and oil. Oil will buy many precious things; gold, silver and everything else.

Ah no, I don't look for 'America' or the 'United States' in scripture :laugh:  Agreed, it's very possible the United States could be one of the members of the 'ten horns' (kingdoms or federations) that three are taken out, or idly stand by.  

Yep, I think I've heard them all... Babylon is the corrupt monetary system, it's New York city, the Vatican, the United States, etc.

The Bible speaks of the city Babylon literally being rebuilt and becoming a financial end time player. The United Nations wants out of New York city badly for a number of reasons (and good riddance). I've read commentaries and heard rumors that the city of Babylon would be the ideal location to set up their headquarters. An interesting item to keep an eye on to see if they are considering it?

58 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I don't know if we are close or not either. I asked that in another thread and it didn't really get narrowed down to an event or a time frame. I didn't really come to a conclusion. I just noticed Babylon described twice and looked at the Rev 18 description closer. It seemed odd that Babylon is a spiritual whore in Rev 17 but then is described as a great city that makes the world of sea trade rich in Rev 18. Not only that, but the description is long and detailed and repeats important details about trade and riches and the merchants, and of course the sudden and total destruction.  To me, when the bible speaks of fornication in the context of  Rev 17 it brings to mind spiritual fornication i.e., turning from the one true God and worshiping a false god, or false gods. Always thought that was the catholic church as that organization promotes a dozen false gods to it's congregation, she insinuated into political affairs over the centuries in many countries, was a king maker and an usurper and persecuted the saints by torture and death. So it seemed to fit. But the Vatican doesn't fit too well with economic Babylon in Rev 18. I am unconvinced that the Babylons are separate and unconvinced they are the same. Just don't have the insight yet.

Hey Diaste,

You're not alone, I've studied and pondered the same thing. Everything in the Bible comes full circle and there's nothing new under the sun. Many times in prophecy the Bible will rapidly switch from the past tense to future tense and I need assistance to distinguish it. I'm not saying this is correct, but perhaps Rev 17: is referring to the time(s) of Nebuchadnezzar and Nimrod and Rev 18: is still a future event? Nebuchadnezzar was the head of gold and Babylon was the very first empire. Perhaps it starts and ends at Babylon? One of the things the antiChrist seems to possess is the spirit of Nimrod.

To make any sense and fit in my eschatology, Babylon needs to be literally rebuilt and become a global powerhouse and trading center. So far I have seen no indication of the city being rebuilt in earnest. If that's the case, there has to be a trigger to get the ball rolling? As I mentioned in my post above, could that trigger involve the United nations relocating to Babylon, Iraq, to get things moving in that direction? It would make perfect sense to me in financial, influence and geopolitical ways. 

It's my understanding the literal Babylon will be the seat of the Son of Perdition (antiChrist) for the first three and one half years after confirming a covenant with Israel. At mid tribulation he relocates to Jerusalem and you know the rest of the story. 

Living in the later times if I'm not too far off the mark, I would think in the very near future we should be hearing something about the move of the United Nations, the rebuilding of Babylon, or both. There's just so many pieces of the puzzle coming together in our lifetime, it's fascinating.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/16/2016 at 8:35 AM, Dennis1209 said:

As a Christian I'm secure in the knowledge of my future and I shouldn't be all that concerned, but in the flesh as an American, I'm very curious as to our fate as a country. Perhaps the Lord is holding this information back as a mystery, or I'm not understanding the revelations? I know there are many here at Worthy that know their Bibles and prophecy much better than I. Does anyone want to conjecture or speculate (based on scripture) how or why the leading nation on earth is not mentioned?

I highly suspect that God's patience with America expires and America gets their long overdue judgement(s). Anyone studied this subject in detail and come to any conclusions or insight?

Huge subject.

In Gen.49, Jacob gave prophecy for the end of this world to each of his 12 sons which became the 12 tribes of Israel. Only those known as Jews make up the majority today's known seed of Israel. That was only a small remnant of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi that returned to Jerusalem after the 70 years Babylon captivity. So what happened to all the rest, the majority of the seed of all the other tribes?

In Gen.35 God told Jacob that his seed would become "a nation and a company of the nations." In Gen.48, Ephraim was told his seed would become "a multitude of nations". Where are those multitude of nations, as Israel in the middleast has only ever been but one nation?

At 1 Kings 11, God split old Israel into two kingdoms. He gave Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim ten tribes to rule over in the north. To Solomon's son Rehoboam, God left the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and eventually Levi (these became the Jews). God then scattered the ten northern tribes to Assyria and the lands of the Medes because of their false idol worship. They never returned to the land as a people but were scattered among the Gentiles.

There exists some archaeological evidences of the majority of the ten tribes having migrated to the west to form the nations of Europe and Asia Minor. Professor of Oriental languages Leroy Waterman of the University of Michigan, in 1930 established one of the names in the Assyrian Tablets as a name the Assyrians used for the ten tribes. He was able to link it to the name of the Cimmerian peoples which made up the majority of western peoples that migrated from east of the Black Sea into Europe.

Following God's Birthright from Abraham, it stops at Ephraim and Manasseh, the two sons of Joseph (1 Chron.5). Ephraim the younger would become the ruling tribe over the ten tribes, this from God (1 Kings 11-12). This house became called the "house of Israel" per God's Word. It includes the other northern tribes of Dan, Naphtali, Zebulun, Gad, Simeon, Manasseeh, Asher, Reuben, Issachar.

In the Christian west and its Christian allied nations outside the west, is where Ephraim would become "a multitude of nations" of Bible prophecy. This is why Christ's Apostles were next sent with The Gospel to the nations of Asia Minor and Europe after He was rejected at Jerusalem. In Europe and Asia Minor is where the majority of the ten tribes of Israel were scattered to, among the Gentiles. There many of the unbelieving Jews were also scattered, and from them some converted to Christ Jesus in those western lands.

Thus there are two Israels today. The nation of Israel in the middleast which God promised He would always leave one tribe in Jerusalem per 1 Kings 11. And then scattered Israel in the West, of both believing Israel and unbelieving Jews.

Ishmael, Esau, and the Canaanites are allied together today against us. Who knows where those exist today?