• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/debunking-voter-fraud-myth

• Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a longtime proponent of voter suppression efforts, argued before state lawmakers that his office needed special power to prosecute voter fraud, because he knew of 100 such cases in his state. After being granted these powers, he has brought six such cases, of which only four have been successful. The secretary has also testified about his review of 84 million votes cast in 22 states, which yielded 14 instances of fraud referred for prosecution, which amounts to a 0.00000017 percent fraud rate.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

So?

It didnt get many convictions in his state. But it is quite rampant in mine. Many years ago, the media reported (back before they were so pro illegal) that a group of brand spanking new citizens were asked who wanted to register to vote right after their citizenship ceremony. Turns out all but one were already registered to vote. There was a guy for years who was registered to vote using my home address even though he is someone we didnt know and we are the only ones who had this address ever. I couldnt get him removed from voting records either, so he continued to vote claiming my home as his address. At one time, a democratic primary tried to use electronic voting machines here and there was so much fraud associated with it that they gave that idea up. There were so many folks who showed up to vote and couldnt get a ballot because the machines claimed they already voted. The media reported it and folks demanded that the machines were never used again. Just this past march, our primaries were hacked and voters registration was changed so many folks were declared ineligible to vote. 

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

So?

It didnt get many convictions in his state. But it is quite rampant in mine. Many years ago, the media reported (back before they were so pro illegal) that a group of brand spanking new citizens were asked who wanted to register to vote right after their citizenship ceremony. Turns out all but one were already registered to vote. There was a guy for years who was registered to vote using my home address even though he is someone we didnt know and we are the only ones who had this address ever. I couldnt get him removed from voting records either, so he continued to vote claiming my home as his address. At one time, a democratic primary tried to use electronic voting machines here and there was so much fraud associated with it that they gave that idea up. There were so many folks who showed up to vote and couldnt get a ballot because the machines claimed they already voted. The media reported it and folks demanded that the machines were never used again. Just this past march, our primaries were hacked and voters registration was changed so many folks were declared ineligible to vote. 

Without data to support all this, I think the study I linked to covers these sorts of stories.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

In a related matter . . . 

George Soros ‘Controls’ Voting Machines In 16 US States

Move along, citizens.  Nothing to see here . . .

After all, what could go wrong?

Blessings,

-Ed

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/18/2016 at 10:32 AM, SavedByGrace1981 said:

In a related matter . . . 

George Soros ‘Controls’ Voting Machines In 16 US States

Move along, citizens.  Nothing to see here . . .

After all, what could go wrong?

Blessings,

-Ed

I posted this a while back - since there was a discussion on another thread about voting machines I thought I should post an update here.

This is from Business Insider - 3 days ago:

Last week, political blogs started reporting about concerns that billionaire George Soros owned a company that manufactures voting machines used in 16 states, including swing states like Florida and Arizona.

Amid claims by Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump that this year's election might be "rigged," some people took this as concrete evidence that Soros, a supporter of Hillary Clinton, would be rigging the voting machines to ensure a Democratic victory.

In fact, one person even petitioned Congress to have an emergency session to discuss the voting machines. Almost 57,000 people have signed the petition.

Here's the problem: Soros does not own the company in question. Also, the Smartmatic voting machines are not even going to be used in this year's election.

Smartmatic is owned by Lord Mark Malloch-Brown. He is connected to Soros through the Open Society Foundation, an organization that gives grants to civil society organizations around the world. Malloch-Brown serves on the Open Society Global Board. Smartmatic says on its website, "George Soros does not have and has never had any ownership stake in Smartmatic."

And while the company did have voting machines in Los Angeles and Utah during the primary elections, they will not be used on November 8.

http://www.businessinsider.com/george-soros-connection-to-voting-machines-2016-10

Make of it what you will.

Blessings,

-Ed

15 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I posted this a while back - since there was a discussion on another thread about voting machines I thought I should post an update here.

This is from Business Insider - 3 days ago:

http://www.businessinsider.com/george-soros-connection-to-voting-machines-2016-10

Make of it what you will.

Blessings,

-Ed

The initial story of  George Soros ‘Controls’ Voting Machines In 16 US States is much like the story posted about the Pentagon charging Hillary with giving away classified information or the claim that the military has lowered the physical fitness standards or a dozen more that have been passed along on this board alone.  They are all put out by far right biased sites with the assumption people will pass them along without taking the time to see if they are correct.   

And that assumption is accurate. 

3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

The initial story of  George Soros ‘Controls’ Voting Machines In 16 US States is much like the story posted about the Pentagon charging Hillary with giving away classified information or the claim that the military has lowered the physical fitness standards or a dozen more that have been passed along on this board alone.  They are all put out by far right biased sites with the assumption people will pass them along without taking the time to see if they are correct.   

And that assumption is accurate. 

That's why I posted the update.  

As far as "far right biased sites" and their assumptions, I challenge you or anyone else to provide a site that is not "biased" toward one viewpoint or the other.  

In thinking about all this, I came to a conclusion that the statists in this country have achieved something the statists in the old Soviet Union failed to do:  garner complete mistrust in the media. Back in those days in the USSR there were two news sources:  PRAVDA (truth)  and ISVESTIA (information).  There was supposedly a saying among the Russians at the time that "there is no truth in PRAVDA, and there is no information in PRAVDA."

Today in this country, of course, we have the opposite:  not two, but countless sources of news.  But the end result is the same - there is no truth, and there is no information.  Like I said, the statists here have achieved their dream.

Finally - I don't mean this as a criticism, but I do find it worth noting that you frequently use the term "right wing"or "far right" in your posts; yet if you've balanced it with "left wing" or "far left", I have yet to see it.

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

24 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

That's why I posted the update.  

As far as "far right biased sites" and their assumptions, I challenge you or anyone else to provide a site that is not "biased" toward one viewpoint or the other.  

In thinking about all this, I came to a conclusion that the statists in this country have achieved something the statists in the old Soviet Union failed to do:  garner complete mistrust in the media. Back in those days in the USSR there were two news sources:  PRAVDA (truth)  and ISVESTIA (information).  There was supposedly a saying among the Russians at the time that "there is no truth in PRAVDA, and there is no information in PRAVDA."

Today in this country, of course, we have the opposite:  not two, but countless sources of news.  But the end result is the same - there is no truth, and there is no information.  Like I said, the statists here have achieved their dream.

This is a good point and I think very accurate. There is a total mistrust in the media as well as academia and even in professionals in a field.  It is a very good way to keep people divided and uninformed all at the same time.  

On the other hand I do believe the information, the facts even, are there if one is willing to sift through the muck to find them.

Finally - I don't mean this as a criticism, but I do find it worth noting that you frequently use the term "right wing"or "far right" in your posts; yet if you've balanced it with "left wing" or "far left", I have yet to see it.

Blessings,

-Ed

This is a fair assessment.  I, for the most part, respond to what is being posted, I have not encountered any far left people on this forum, especially in the politics part of it nor anyone that is posting from far left sources.   As such I have not had the need or the opportunity to point them out.