• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

22 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

To answer your question. No I am not hiding anything. It is just that I have a few times in my life met other Christians and when they find out that I like this or that or whatever, I get a lecture on how I shouldn't be into this or that. And while I am not shy in telling others how I feel. I would just rather not have the conflict in the first place. ( look what happen here and I confessed that I read Harry Potter for example) I am fine with people asking me "well why are you into that." But most of the time they don't. they just tell me I am heading for the dark side. Maybe it is just me. I am a bit weird after all. :blink:

I do not think the right approach is for someone to point their finger at you and be judgmental. I would not question someone if they we were having a discussion. But if someone asked me my opinion I would be honest and tell them what I believe. You are not weird. God loves you.

Guest bonnieschamberger

I have always been an introvert so I am already very private so yeah with anyone I dont know very well I am guarded and stay on common very neutral ground ....I am a weirdo too lol and I love it .I remember the first people in life to pick on me and try to change me were my very own flesh and blood family.God knew what He was doing when He made me and I love the way He made me and Im so glad He went out of His way in my life to show me He loves what He has made.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Having gotten my emotions under control I feel I am ready to post again so here goes:     Do any of you when you meet a Christian that you don't know very well, ever feel like there are somethings about yourself you can't tell them; because you think they may not approve and criticize you for or even question your faith because of it?  For example they may ask you what you like to do and you say something like " I like to watch scary movies." Then they could be like,"oh  if your a Christian you shouldn't watch scary movies". Then you just feel really uncomfortable. Or maybe you like rock music and maybe they think liking rock music is something a Christian shouldn't do and they tell you so.  So you find yourself not feeling comfortable letting a Christian you don't know know much about you. It could be anything really. Your clothes, your music, what you read? Anyone else feel this way?

I can relate.

I had a good collection of 

books on Egyptology and was told having an interest in Ancient Egypt was from the "other side". Being a fairly newish Christian I listened to this much older church lady and gave them all to the charity shops!

She was well meaning but I am different person now than then and would react differently today.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Marcelo Brüderlein said:

Long ago members of my denomination were advised not to have TV sets in their homes. Those who had TV sets were labeled disobedients and looked down upon. It was funny when a member wanted to tell others something they'd seen on TV; they would always start saying something like: "yesterday I went to visit my grandmother and she's not a believer. Her TV set was on and I happened to see ... bla ... bla ... bla..."

So apparenrly havinh a tv Is worse than lying

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Actually I find it easier to open up to Christians than the unsaved because I tend to keep things from non Christians because I don't want to give them ammo to attack  Christians also it may be a stumbling block.

EgI'm single and sometimes temptations will come, I'd be open about them with Christians but not with the unsaved cause I know they'll use it against me