• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, Ezra said:

History of the Christian Church by Philip Schaff is a standard scholarly work accepted by most Christians.  

Interesting read. So when you say his work is accepted by most Christians, are you including yourself? Would you consider his writings to be infallible?

Hislop simply provided the details: Here is what he says about PAGANISM within the RCC.

So I could ask the same of Hislop... do you consider his writings infallible, absoulte and without error as well? I remember Ezra, you saying that you have a copy Hislop's book right? Well, by your posts, one must assume you believe in his personal theories. If so, you might want to see who's company your keeping in doing so. His book's thesis has been featured prominently in the conspiracy theories of racist groups such as "The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord." (CSA) and other conspiracy therorists. (see Michael Barkun A Culture of Conspiracy, p. 210, Univ. of California Press 1997) Not to mention the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower and bible tract society.

I trust that after reading this you will quit defending the indefensible and seek for the truth.

So you DO consider his writings infallibe and without error! I find that quite odd coming from a Sola Scripturist. And speaking of truth, couldnt help but noticed you side-stepped (again) the question in my last post to you. Or did you just forget? Either way, I'll re-post it. "Is it your belief that the bible is the pillar and foundation of truth? If so, please elaborate. If not, what is?"

when you  say defending the indefensible, you must be talking about me exposing anti-Catholicism. If so.......  I think not!

Peace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

20 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

So I could ask the same of Hislop... do you consider his writings infallible, absoulte and without error as well?

Now that you've been caught out, you are trying a completely different tack. No one has to be infallible to expose the corruption of the RCC.  It is about time that you did a reality check.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

Now that you've been caught out, you are trying a completely different tack.

Caught out? Like out of bounds, or like on a fly ball? Besides, it was you that put all your eggs in the same basket with the writings of A. Hislop and this fella Philip Schaff along with the CSA, JW's and other conspiracy therorists, not me. If you remember, it was you that said I should seek the truth, right? How do you know that these fellas have the truth? I sure don't. So you see, asking if they were infallible is not going on a differnt tack as you say at all! Because if they are fallible as most bible only Christians beleive, you would have no choice than agree that they could be in error....correct? Thats the crux of it Ezra, you shouldn't let pride get in the way of seeing that there is a possibilty they coud be wrong. i.e. Fallible!

No one has to be infallible to expose the corruption of the RCC.

Something I have failed to see anyone do within the Worthy Christian forums.

It is about time that you did a reality check.

Yeah, your right, the reality check I really need to get, is that fact you keep dodging the question I've asked you, (what... 3 or 4 times now?) and either you don't know the answer, or you do know the answer (I do) and you just can't bring yourself to admit it. If it's the latter, ya really need let go of that pride thing my friend.

Peace

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

If you look at Revelation the dragon= devil is enraged with the woman=church that keep the commandments of God. So for a start you'd have to find a church that first of all keep the commandments of God, (All 10.) Many churches say the 10 commandments were done away with, wile the rest who say they follow the ten only follow 9 leaving out the 4th. They will say the 4th has been done away with, then invent 1st day worship with no biblical authority The only thing that they can come up with is they do it in honour of the Lord's resurrection. Unfortunately Baptism is the symbol for resurrection not Sunday worship,therefore they are in error. But be carful because if you keep the 4th commandment you will be tabled a legalist by most, but if you keep the 1st day you are not, even though its a man made regulation & that by definition is legalism. Its strange is it not?

Can the new covenant be changed at any time? 

If no why not, when was it ratified?

I would thing at Jesus death signed & sealed at his death by his blood. Just like the old testament was sealed with the blood of animals.

Therefore once Jesus died nothing can be changed. So I'm pretty sure his resurrection was after his death.

I'v kept this short & simple as possible. Basing it on nothing can be changed to the covenant after His death. Otherwise everything & anything can be changed at any time & on that foundation I stand.