IGNORED

The true Church of Christ

Guest Judas Machabeus

Guest Judas Machabeus

Jesus founded a Church, the apostles established and built up visible Churches with a visible heiarchy. 

This Sunday, I want to go to that Church. Which Church do I go to?

Ive decided to move this into its own thread. It's kind of taken over the Mary Assumption Thread. 

I do agree that there is a spiritual component to the True Church Jesus found. We become members of that body through baptism. 

Hazard said it clearly:

HAZARD said:
He is baptized into CHRIST and into His body by the agency of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 12:12-13; Gal. 3:26-29).

and I agree with Hazard. 

BUT there is also a visible Church. A Church with a heiarchy. Hazard laid this out very well too:

HAZARD said:
There was an organization among the early believers. Even when Christ was alive the followers of Christ were formed into different groups such as "twelve apostles" (Matt. 10; Luke 9),  "seventy" (Luke 10). and the general body of "disciples" in addition to the special eighty two preachers ordained to preach and heal (Matt. 8:21; 10:42; Luke 14:26-33; 19:37; John 6:60-66; 8:31; 9:28; 19:38; Acts 1:15; 1 Cor. 15:6). Judas was the treasure of the disciples (John 13:29). Laws of discipline were given for the whole church in the days of Christ (Matt 18:17). The Lord added to the church 3,000 souls on Pentecost, and if there had been no church before this there could not have been anything to add to (Acts 2:41).

So I will close with my question.

Jesus founded a Church, the apostles established and built up visible Churches with a visible heiarchy. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

37 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

okay- I briefly touched on this on the other topic- now I will elaborate~~~ If the Lutheran Pastor baptizes you, you are a Lutheran, if the Catholic priest baptizes you  you are a catholic-- Methodist preacher~~ Methodist~ Presbyterian Pastor~~ Presbyterian---  Okay-- who Baptized Jesus??  John the Baptist-- so what church did Jesus go to?????????????

Guest Judas Machabeus

I don't follow what you're saying. I think I get what your saying, I don't follow. 

Jesus received a Jewish baptism so I should go to a synagogue? 

Where i don't follow is Jesus founded a Church. So he created something that did not exists previously. And than the aposltes built on the foundation Jesus laid. 

Also just because you are baptised Lutheran or any other denomination does not mean that Church has the fullness of Truth. 

Perhaps i missed your point?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

46 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Yes, the Lord Jesus Christ founded a Church, and that Church is really His Body.  This body consists of every redeemed soul and it is not visible, because, as Christ said "The Kingdom of God is within you", and also that every one who is born of the Spirit is like the wind -- invisible (John 3:8).

Also there was NO HIERARCHY in the apostolic churches.  The elders were responsible for spiritual oversight and the deacons for temporal oversight. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 minute ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Perhaps i missed your point?

Judas-- come on--- if the Lutheran Pastor baptizes you you are a Lutheran-- John the BAptist baptized jesus- so he

is a Baptist--- ITS A JOKE

Guest Judas Machabeus
9 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Also there was NO HIERARCHY in the apostolic churches.  The elders were responsible for spiritual oversight and the deacons for temporal oversight. 

Scripture clearly shows Hierarchy. So I would have to disagree with you. 

There is a visible Church and it has hierarchy. Hazard laid it out better than I did. And all with scripture. 

A church in someone's home. Christianity was founded and based on small groups of people gathering together in someone's home to hear the Word and worship Jesus Christ. The Roman Catholic Church was founded by the Romans in order to corral the faithful into one place so that they could lord over them, take their money and tell them how to be "good Christians." It is in no way, shape or form a model of the Church that Jesus Christ founded.

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 minute ago, Rick_Parker said:

A church in someone's home. Christianity was founded and based on small groups of people gathering together in someone's home to hear the Word and worship Jesus Christ.

So the Church in Corinth was exclusively in someone's home? Same with Antioch, Ephesus and Galatia?

perhaps some scripture to show this?

6 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

The Roman Catholic Church was founded by the Romans in order to corral the faithful into one place so that they could lord over them, take their money and tell them how to be "good Christians." It is in no way, shape or form a model of the Church that Jesus Christ founded.

The question or my OP makes no mention of the Catholic Church. 

That's not what I said and you know it. I said that "Christianity was founded and based on small groups of people gathering together in someone's home to hear the Word and worship Jesus Christ." See? Groups.....plural. Don't try and play games with me, I don't play.

Whether or not you used the term "Catholic Church" or not, that is the inference that I pickup up. Why don't you save us all the mystery and tell us what church you would be going to? That is the way to have an intelligent discussion on the topic instead of this cryptic garbage you are playing.