• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Good answers :)

In order to recognize what is wrong we first need to recognize what is true.

A true Christian is a disciple of Christ.

A true Christian makes Christ the number one priority in their life.

In a true Christian we see the fruit of the Spirit which is love,joy,peace,patience,kindness,goodness,faithfulness,gentleness and self control. This is the result of the Holy Spirit living in the life of a Christian.

Isn't the term "true."  kind of redundant when we are talking about being Christian.  There are false people and there are misguided people and there are the ones who actively seek to become a Christian. My question is if it is our right to call ourselves Christian or does Christ do that be granting us the benefit of the holy spirit when we have sacrificed ourselves on the alter of his forgiveness?

I remember when my world completely collapsed underneath the burden of my own stupidity and I completely gave up everything to Christ and i was overcome with the freshness that I have never experienced before.  I think that is when i began my walk with Christ and I think that is when I could legitimately call myself a Christian because Christ gave me a new me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Churchmouse said:

Isn't the term "true."  kind of redundant when we are talking about being Christian. 

Not at all.  There are millions who believe they are Christians but have not really been saved, and do not have the indwelling Holy Spirit.  

If you will recall, the ones who did not know Christ experientially and intimately were asked to depart from Him.  Yet they had done many wonderful things in His name.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

17 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Not at all.  There are millions who believe they are Christians but have not really been saved, and do not have the indwelling Holy Spirit.  

If you will recall, the ones who did not know Christ experientially and intimately were asked to depart from Him.  Yet they had done many wonderful things in His name.

Yes, their are many who are Christian in name only. They are not saved.

Matthew 7: 21-23  “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

In a true Christian we see the fruit of the Spirit which is love,joy,peace,patience,kindness,goodness,faithfulness,gentleness and self control. This is the result of the Holy Spirit living in the life of a Christian.

I agree that Christians who are born again will exhibit the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Gal. 5:22-23

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

My question would be "Who is a Christian?"

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 18 October, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Churchmouse said:

The idea of being born again is part and parcel of being a Christian.  It is a lifestyle that promotes humanity  and humility for the edification of our fellow man according to a preset level ordained by scripture.

Hi CM, you just may have judge what Jesus is teaching in the Gospel of Jonh chapter three.  The words of Jesus are "born from above", born from God in the spirit.

Nicodimus the time of when this conversation took place was born from Abraham and the Law, and did not have a heavenly inheritance, but the born of above children have a heavenly inheritance.

God after the Cross has only children born from above from his spirit. 

Nicodemus at the time when this conversation took place was a child of the Lord God, ( not Jesus Christ),  and he was  without  a heavenly inheritance,( a place in heaven in his name),  and not a spiritual one in the name of the crusified Jesus Christ, if after the cross he did not believe Jesus Is the Christ, or that the Christ had to die first before he receive his glory and if he died with this denial , Nicodemus is without the redemtion in the name of Jesus, lost even thought he may continiun in the teachings of the Law. 

A man is born from above when he believes that Jesus was the Attonmen from our sins in his heart.  

Jesus said: do not bother and judge those of litle faith, and cause them to live with the fear of death, because they are not walking in your foot prints. 

We can not see in the heart of people if they have believed , and even we judge their confession when they say they believe. How can we judge their confession if we can not see in their hearts.

Using other methods, waiting to see the fruit of their faith, just that waiting to see the fruit of their faith is admitting that may be faith in them, and waiting for the fruit to mature. How easilly may someone be deceived, waiting to determine a spiritual matter by external evidence, like you know everything about the person. 

Perhaps maturity and growth and not even that,  like you have made the person with your own stength. 

We may judge according to the works of the flesh, Jesus can do that and better than us, but he also judges according to the faith in him, even those who call upon his name, without much of any other recommendation . 

Jesus is our peace with the Father, not our fruit together with Jesus,  in other maters maybe yes , and maybe no, but not in the redemtion in the name of Jesus, Jesus died for us he is the life giver, at the beggining of our believing, not at the day of judgment of our works.  

Hope so we are not judge by the works of Paul or Peter .....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hi CM, you just may have judge what Jesus is teaching in the Gospel of Jonh chapter three.  The words of Jesus are "born from above", born from God in the spirit.

Nicodimus the time of when this conversation took place was born from Abraham and the Law, and did not have a heavenly inheritance, but the born of above children have a heavenly inheritance.

God after the Cross has only children born from above from his spirit. 

Nicodemus at the time when this conversation took place was a child of the Lord God, ( not Jesus Christ),  and he was  without  a heavenly inheritance,( a place in heaven in his name),  and not a spiritual one in the name of the crusified Jesus Christ, if after the cross he did not believe Jesus Is the Christ, or that the Christ had to die first before he receive his glory and if he died with this denial , Nicodemus is without the redemtion in the name of Jesus, lost even thought he may continiun in the teachings of the Law. 

A man is born from above when he believes that Jesus was the Attonmen from our sins in his heart.  

Jesus said: do not bother and judge those of litle faith, and cause them to live with the fear of death, because they are not walking in your foot prints. 

We can not see in the heart of people if they have believed , and even we judge their confession when they say they believe. How can we judge their confession if we can not see in their hearts.

Using other methods, waiting to see the fruit of their faith, just that waiting to see the fruit of their faith is admitting that may be faith in them, and waiting for the fruit to mature. How easilly may someone be deceived, waiting to determine a spiritual matter by external evidence, like you know everything about the person. 

Perhaps maturity and growth and not even that,  like you have made the person with your own stength. 

We may judge according to the works of the flesh, Jesus can do that and better than us, but he also judges according to the faith in him, even those who call upon his name, without much of any other recommendation . 

Jesus is our peace with the Father, not our fruit together with Jesus,  in other maters maybe yes , and maybe no, but not in the redemtion in the name of Jesus, Jesus died for us he is the life giver, at the beggining of our believing, not at the day of judgment of our works.  

Hope so we are not judge by the works of Paul or Peter .....

I thank you for this, but the point I was trying to make is that you can't be a Christian unless you are born again.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 10/19/2016 at 7:41 AM, missmuffet said:

A person who is religious? A person that has good works? Do you think their is a difference in the term "Christian" and "Born again Christian?".

What are the characteristics you look for in a person you can trust to teach you the true Word of God? A person whom you can respect as a brother and sister in Christ? What are somethings that put up a red flag and put your discernment on guard?

A true Christian is one who accepts that eternal life is through our Lord Jesus Christ and He alone. 

A red flag for me would be any doctrine that puts a barrier between me and my God, as I believe my sins and my thoughts and discussions are for His ears only.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

Romans 10:9King James Version (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

1 Corinthians 6:10King James Version (KJV)

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Mark 13:22King James Version (KJV)

22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

If one is looking for the outward manifestation, then deceptions are plenty as history has proven.  The Ted Haggard affair is a perfect example how a well respected leader in high office who was the leader of 50 million  souls acted.  Could such happen to other christians here, is that possible.?

Galatians 5:22-23King James Version (KJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The above christian has to have some measure of the above properties.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11King James Version (KJV)

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/18/2016 at 3:41 PM, missmuffet said:

A person who is religious? A person that has good works? Do you think their is a difference in the term "Christian" and "Born again Christian?".

What are the characteristics you look for in a person you can trust to teach you the true Word of God? A person whom you can respect as a brother and sister in Christ? What are somethings that put up a red flag and put your discernment on guard?

We look for fruits and someone who we know is being led by the Holy Spirit.