Churchmouse

Golden treasure - The eldarly.

I love elderly people. They are a forgotten treasure in our mad rush to reach our goals. The irony of everything is when we actually finish, we will become those elderly people who the youth of that day will discard as we seem to do today.

I have an elderly aunt that I dearly love. I've rediscovered my aunt as I've grown older. I talk to her on a daily basis when I'm out running the road. I use a hands-free device, but I'm really connecting with her on a level I could never do with anyone else in the family. I've learned so much from her memories, even as some of them have faded. She is going on 70 and I am really saddened by all the times in previous years that I could have benefited by her wisdom and overlooked it for my own stupidity.

I've noticed one thing in my years here on the Earth. Knowledge is ever changing but wisdom has always stayed the same. There is so many ways out there to be a fool, but only one way to be wise.

I was wondering if anyone else had a elderly person in their lives or had had in the past that has lessened your load through life.

2 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

I was wondering if anyone else had a elderly person in their lives or had had in the past that has lessened your load through life.

Over the years I've learned to love elderly people. It has taken awhile to come to this point for me.

I was raised by an elderly man who was very mean, and my brother and I suffered quite a lot of abuse from his hands. Now, a lot of the folks I pray for are "up in age," and they love to tell me their stories...it is interesting to hear their life experiences, their wisdom.

27 minutes ago, JesusGivesLifeMeaning said:

Over the years I've learned to love elderly people. It has taken awhile to come to this point for me.

I was raised by an elderly man who was very mean, and my brother and I suffered quite a lot of abuse from his hands. Now, a lot of the folks I pray for are "up in age," and they love to tell me their stories...it is interesting to hear their life experiences, their wisdom.

I'm very sorry that you had to experience that. I'm glad you've found God.

Hi everyone

I love everyone, young old, handicapped, homeless, black red, native non native etc...

When Granpa died, granma came to live with us. That was cool as a fifth grader, not so cool as a 7 th grader... Puberty changed me into a black sheep and rebel.   But we survived. Her sister was my god mother, I grew up on the Roman Catholic Church so I questioned everything I heard and learned much to the disappointment of my parents.i got alot of above growing up.....😋

After my grandma died, I became close with my godmother, she had no kids and she was very talented in crafts and cooking.

I was able to quit my job and care for my godmother for the last six months of her life and that was wonderful and horrible at the same, that's another story tho. .

Fast forward to my being 58.... I've learned to let my daughter do all the talking. I just listen. I don't offer advice unless asked and we get along great!

My friend next door had cerebral palsy, the guy on the next block and one on my block were in wheelchairs, I met John on the bus during college, best conversation we had, he was mentally handicapped but we talked despite other high school kids snarking at him and me...

I'm a people person and I just met Joe and his dad at the grocery store. Joe's deaf, I'm going deaf and Joe received a cochlear implant which sparked my interest to talk with him.

So all this brings praises to Hism cuz I hated being such gabber s a young child, such a giver as child but learned in 30s to set boundaries and God saved me when I was 33.

Everyone has an interesting story and I love to hear them! Bite in getting to agree where I say.  Oh, there's a penny store i went to where I two pieces of gun for a penny.. Then there was almost a riot when nickel candy bars went to a dime!!! Lol, now they are $1.50 or more.

Treasure each day as no one is promised tomorrow and after high school, the years rilly fly by!!!

Blessings

Karan🤗

I just love to talk to elderly Christians,they have so much life experience and wisdom!

:emot-heartbeat:

Pro 16:31  The hoary head (gray hair) is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.

The key being if they have been found in the way of righteousness!
Then the older can indeed teach the younger, and by all means should do so!

Tit 2:1-5
(1)  But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
(2)  That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
(3)  The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
(4)  That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
(5)  To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

I'll look to regularly encourage older godly men and women to be teaching the younger in these trying times we find ourselves in.
Some do, and many I've given food for thought, hoping they will be reaching out to their children, grandchildren, those young fatherless next door neighbors!

At the same time, I run into many that are older, and unrighteous in this generation.
I'll share the Gospel of Salvation, letting them know they are not going to live forever on this side of life. However noting they will live forever on the next side either in Heaven with God or meet death twice, for an eternity in Hell.
Upon speaking to an older adulterous church going woman about this once, I was asked by her "Do you believe God wants you talking to me this way?" To which I replied "Absolutely, I see no godly fruit on your life, and it's not too late for you to repent and believe on Jesus Christ."

I've been told too by folks who work in retirement/old peoples homes, that many are often rarely visited by those who put them there. They have a lifetime of experience to speak on, and few if any to talk to.
Christians, here's an opportunity right around your corner! Not only to learn, but possibly point them to Christ if they are lost!

As we all grow in Christ at every age, may we share with each other the truths God has brought us:

Pro 27:17  Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Hi all,

I haven`t grey hair yet, but the years are slipping away. I do have young friends who keep me young & moderately `with it.` (lol) I do hope & pray that I may pass on the wisdom I was given by my elders. Pass on here & in everyday life. I so appreciate the opportunity on Worthy to share & also listen to my peers & a few elders  - eg. Fresno Joe, God bless him.

Marilyn.

Old people are awesome! Most of them are happy to share their life stories and things they did that they shouldn't have and the things they did right. They know how to work hard and make their own living. When I have a question about almost anything they will take the time to listen and answer if they can. I get a lot of encouragement for my faith, music, and great advise from them. My brothers and I visit the nursing homes and visit and sing for them when we can. ( at least once a week.)

Psalm 71:18 "Even when I am old and greyheaded, I shall not depart from your ways, O Lord.