• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, warrior12 said:

There is church and then there is the house of God.  Lot of people think they can do as they please in the house of the lord.  No, there are rules that must be obeyed too.  Tell me, could she bring her boyfriend and have ..... so you get my point.   people have rules for their homes, but the church should be do as you please.  get your bearings right miss. 

While I have "heard" stories, mostly on the internet of people being kicked out of church. I have never personally known anything like that to happen. I have been attending the same church since I was a child. Except for when I moved away. But when I moved back to my hometown, I went back attending the church I grew up in. So the notion of kicking someone out of the church is foreign to me. I do suppose that if you made yourself a danger to others in some way that you would be told to leave. Or some other very extreme reason. But I assumed since the poster is here asking what they should do to get back into church, that they could not have done something too extreme or else they would not care at all.  Yes I suppose I could have assumed wrongly. But going on the info I had at the time, that is what I thought.

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I my daughter and I had that same experience. We attended what we thought was this really nice Church. We attended several different activities which we understood was required to become members. So we go to this nighttime service for new members. We looked at the program and we did not see our names. I asked someone why we were not on the list of new members. The man said " Well, have you had an interview?". Well, we no longer had a desire to become a member.

Wow! Reading this makes me think that I have truly lived a shelter life when it comes to church.

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

The purpose of Church discipline is to eventually bring an erring member to repentance and restore such a person.

I do think that a "church member" doing something very very bad should lose their membership in the church. As I think that "church members" should be expected to live a Godly life in and out of church. And that their actions reflect on the church.  I think a "church member" who shows signs that they have clearly lost their way somehow should have their membership removed. But not necessarily kicked out from the church unable to attend.

It does seem to me though in Paul's days.  From what I read. The early church seems like it was more for those who already believed. Then for those who did not believe. Is this how others see it, or am I way off here? Interesting.

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Many homeless know Jesus Christ, sometimes more intimately than some Church members.

When you have nothing. And you have lost everything even your family. You become even more aware of the fact that No One can ever take Jesus from you!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, jashley said:

I really, really want to go back to my church I was kicked out of. I cant stop thinking about it all the time and want to know if theres anything I can do to be accepted back into that church. It was like a family to me and a home and now I just feel so empty and incomplete without being a part of that church. Do you think theres anything I can do or any chance of being accepted back into that church?

Hey jashley.  I think with the replies you may not seen much hope in the answers. I at least tried to suggest taking to the pastor in written format or arrange some way to contact him.  Consider this experience as a learning one and so you in turn can assist others in time of need.  But my main point is not knowing what act or the situation that led to the the so called "kicked out ".  That needs a bit more clarification, so the readers here can grasp more of your situation.  Seem like your church is a nice place to attend and welcoming to others.  Get past the fear and go have a talk with your pastor and tell him why you want to come back.  You know him i would think and that's the person i would want to talk to if i were in your shoes.  Ask the lord to guide you through it all.  Your pastor is there to guide you encourage you. He knows and have the experience with hundreds of situation like yours.

I am sure there are some church leaders on this forum that can offer some insight here and a few words to Jashely.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I am most astounded when I hear that someone has been "kicked" out of church.

I beg the question..is the church for saints only or for sinners? I know of some who are shocked that a church would accept non Christians in their midst. I believe that is what Jesus would and has done. I cannot fathom a reason to expel anyone no matter what they have done....we have not yet reached the "judgement" time period and that will be a perfect judgement. No, there should be forgiveness at the church or repentance and forgiveness...if it is truly Christ centered.

Most churches require some form of meeting with the minister and at least one elder so that the person can join the church/congregation. If new to the denomination one should learn what the founding principles are and for what the denomination stands.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

However there must be room for speaking to the individual and explaining the wrong, repentance, and forgiveness. If the individual will not accept the re proof, repent then the correction.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

I am most astounded when I hear that someone has been "kicked" out of church.

I beg the question..is the church for saints only or for sinners? I know of some who are shocked that a church would accept non Christians in their midst. I believe that is what Jesus would and has done. I cannot fathom a reason to expel anyone no matter what they have done....we have not yet reached the "judgement" time period and that will be a perfect judgement. No, there should be forgiveness at the church or repentance and forgiveness...if it is truly Christ centered.

Most churches require some form of meeting with the minister and at least one elder so that the person can join the church/congregation. If new to the denomination one should learn what the founding principles are and for what the denomination stands.

The above is a rather disturbing statement.  Absolutely, forgiveness is the church's business and compassion goes with that.  But there are lots of situation that  causes church splits and discords, because someone may want to have things their way.  Say for example [ please this is just for conversation sake ] a young woman going to a church has started to backslide and bring worldly ways into the church, started wearing mini skirts and short tops.  She is spoken to by the elders and she refuses to remedy her ways.   Are you to accommodate her in her persistent ways.  Some people have taken the kindness of the church and have used it for their own exploitation.  A Christ centered church would also see the the Lord's place of worship has to be respected and  the simple rules obeyed.  Churches don't make draconian rules to enslave people, it is to protect you and the worshipers attending and to have some order there.   Every structured organisation has a method of maintenance or it will fall apart.  Even though it is dealing with spiritual things, human elements are there.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Be reasonable, missmuffet.  She wants to go back, so that says something about the church.  She has posted a question with vague information, and thus expect a magic answer.   She knew she did something wrong.  Churches do have counselling and people to talk to and she could or should or go talk to them about it.  Put a question like she did on a forum will just raise arguments.   She has to state what she has done for someone here to reply with a reasonable reply. Can't read minds as yet.

If you are a off the street homeless person, the church will minister to that person for sure.  It is not that you are meeting requirements as such.  Let me give an example.  some churches would not or suggest you do not partake in communion [bread and wine part ].  Would it not have been nice you are told these things before you get into the service and when that time comes you do not feel rejected like you felt, and in a cordial meeting with the church leadership.

I do not like to feel like I am applying for a job when asking to become a member. I think that having to have "requirements" to join a Church is very sad. God would not like that at all. So what happens if a person does not meet the "requirements?". If a person has been attending a Church for quite some time they get the feeling of that Church. When asking about becoming a member often you are given information about that Church.That is all that is needed.  A long time ago a Pastor would shake a new member's hand and say "Welcome".That was it. What has happened since then? But I am sure there are still a handful of Churches left that are receptive to new members and not so strict.

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Unfortunately sometimes...

1 Corinthians 5:1-7 KJVS
[1] It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. [2] And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. [3] For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, [4] In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, [5] To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. [6] Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? [7] Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

In our overly permissive culture, this is rather 'mean' sounding, but God chastises those children of His that He loves. Heb.12

Would you say that this would apply to church "members" only. Or also to anyone who happens to walk through the church doors? For I can very well see someone living in sin with someone attending church, but perhaps Christ as not called upon their hearts just yet. And it will take a bit longer for them to get right with God over the matter and do what is right. But if one is simply tossed out into the cold, how then can they come to know God and to know what is right? So I kind of think that Paul was addressing full members of the church. Who have already been called by God and should know better. Therefor I think asking them to step down from membership would be what to do. But not tossed out of the church. Then again I am not a church leader and have not been called to be one. So I admit to not knowing everything in this matter.

Edited by LadyKay