• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

On October 19, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Yowm said:

You sort of put a twist on my words, I said, "  tailoring their services to reach the lost at the sacrifice of their own".

So for example, the Church will start taking demographic polls to see what will 'attract' the unbeliever and what 'offends' the unbeliever.

The next thing you know they are creating a 'carnival'/'circus' atmosphere to attract the unchurched and will water down the message so as not to offend. So talent shows are in and the warnings in Scripture are out.

The Church's function is for mainly the edification of the saints, once edified, those are to go out and be witnesses in both word and deed for Christ.

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
(Act 2:42)

I guess I thought I read something else. Maybe you edited it for clarification? 

The Church functions mainly for the furthering of the Gospel, glory of God, and edification of the saints. This is the second time you've mentioned a carnival/circus type atmosphere. Did you have a particular church as an example to understand where you are coming from? 

I do think sometimes churches become too focused internally (discipleship) and forget to do any outreach to the community (part of evangelism). Sometimes people think that reaching the lost is the job of the pastor, staff, or those with the gift of evangelism. 

Having a service that isn't welcoming to outsiders seems counter productive too though right? What do you think is a good balance?

I suppose the way people worship and conduct services will vary by the community. It will also likely vary by the needs of the church, style of leadership, style of music, location, demographics, etc. 

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Jashley....

Why do you want to go back to this church that were complaining so much about,the members wouldn't give you a ride ,you were offended.......we asked how you got there  but you never answered  You said the pastor suggested something to you because of a he said/she said ...we asked lots of questions & you never replied    One member "defriended you on fb & you were offended we asked why you are always offended,you never replied

If you are here because you are sincerely & earnestly looking for Jesus then I welcome you with open arms & I love you,I love you even if you are not sincerely seeking the LOrd but Honestly,I don't understand 6 pages of advice & hard;y any elaboration from you except "I'm hurt" or "I'm offended"......we suggested that perhaps the Pastor knows much more than we do because you have really told us nothing but 'dear Abbey" stuff & maybe that is why he made whatever decisions he has made(we don't even know what he has said or for that matter if this is a real deal,I don't mean to question your authenticity but one member asked if you copy/pasted these scenarios off the internet as they were posted by someone else?)........

If you need someone to talk to  & don't know what to say you are welcome to PM me & we can talk,I will listen & Jesus Loves you   I for one cannot entertain the carnal desire of wanting to go somewhere to 'fit in" when there is ONE you can go to where you will always fit in.......in His Arms,Praise Jesus!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

From my very first reply which was the third post on this thread, i asked jashely to give an explanation of what the situation is to some extent. She did not have to write two pages, but in a simple two or three sentences and make sense of  her situation.  She did not follow up with any reasonable explanation.

Jashely, seems to me to be a youth who has had some issues that happens with piers of her age and has decided to use the forum to ask the question she did, and while nothing is wrong with that, she has to learn to take responsibility for actions she makes  and in this instance , provide reasonable feedback to the replies posted.  

Kwikphilly, in her last response has made a very good appeal to her and reached out to her, so that she can provide some private one on one discussion and get to some resolve, which i think is commendable.  

I think Jashely wanting to go back to her church says something also, in that she was never mistreated as such, but has issues  that young girls have in growing up and maybe had her emotions hurt through social media.  "Maybe". 

Come on Jashely, only you can put this mystery to an end.  Go have a talk with your pastor, and it will get sorted out. Then you can let us know if you will be back there or whatever you have chosen to do.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/18/2016 at 8:23 PM, LadyKay said:

They kicked you out of church! Why would you want to be part of a church that kicks people out! Forgive me for sounding rude but What kind of church kicks people out? Find your self a church where you will be loved and accepted. Jesus came to save the lost. He does not say get right then come to me. Jesus takes us just as we are. That is how the church should accept people. Just as they are.

I'm very sleepy right now I may have more to say about this later. But for now this is my advice.

That's what I want to know, why would you want to go back.  Find a good solid Bible believing church and get involved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/22/2016 at 9:41 PM, RustyAngeL said:

That's what I want to know, why would you want to go back.  Find a good solid Bible believing church and get involved.

This part of Jashely post and reply

" It was like a family to me and a home and now I just feel so empty and incomplete without being a part of that church ".

" it was because of me venting online and talking about her and other people at the church excluding me and continuing to do so after being asked to stop ".

If you felt accepted by a family what does that says, and if you are not respectfull of that family, they there will be consequences.  Don't know why people are having a hard time with that .  

And i think she may not have finished of the  reply by   "being asked to stop"   many times.   

Edited by warrior12