• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 10/19/2016 at 9:33 AM, Redemption79 said:

actually, the Allah Muslims refers to are the same God we worship

no no no no no no-- he isnt. the Quran talks about the nature of Allah- it is not the same nature as Jehovah. the word Allah may mean god, but  as described in the Quran that allah is certainly not the same god true Christians worship

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

14 hours ago, woundeddog said:

no no no no no no-- he isnt. the Quran talks about the nature of Allah- it is not the same nature as Jehovah. the word Allah may mean god, but  as described in the Quran that allah is certainly not the same god true Christians worship

Amen, you bet.no no no no.  They are not the same God Not even close.  Allah requires sacrifice and works to make you good enough.  Our God has sacrificed for us and the work is finished.  Allah never did anything except demand more.  A very selfish god indeed. They worship Allah out of total fear, we worship out of adoration.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi Redsteel....it can be easy to read or listen to other peoples testimonies and feel 'left out' but you need to know that God deals differently with different people. I am not at all saying that God did not heal this girl, but what i AM saying is that you also need to know that sometimes what people say and what really happened can be 2 different things. Perhaps her problem resolved with medication, or perhaps on its own? And perhaps God really DID  heal her. Does that mean He has left you out in any way? Not at all. Remember only God sees the entire picture and you don't know what is still ahead for you.

For example there are those who before being born again were drug addicts. Some talk about How the Lord delivered them instantly from their addiction while others have had to fight through temptation and live with that temptation. Does God have favourites? No.  But dont put TOO much stock into what He is doing for others as though He cannot do the same for you.

Remember He loves you so much that He saved you, He has a plan for you.

Oops I have posted this rely on the wrong thread, somehow my computer jumped to another post. I dont know how to delete it. Sorry about that!

Oh wait no I didn't comment on the wrong post.....I got confused when people started talking about muslims and 'allah'

Hmm dont know what that has to do with the OP. :emot-shakehead:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 10/19/2016 at 0:58 AM, Redsteel said:

So today I was reading a book about a girl with digestive issues who god healed.  now I was crying by the end of the book and praising god, but that was not the most interesting thing. Actually the only time I can cry is when I am thinking of god. The thing that I hesitate to confess to is the envy I felt, I mean I should be happy for her right, but the malicious thoughts remain. I mean they say ignorance is bliss, and meeting Jesus would also be very comforting, but I am stuck in that sweet spot in the middle. I used to think this was just physiological baggage, but then why cant I just reason these thoughts away, why do I still have the angry urge to scream at god?

Dear Redsteel,

Oh, how I can relate to what you are saying.  It has taken me (too many) years to only part way understand what is happening when these kinds of emotions come up in my flesh.  I grew up with a spirit of rejection upon my life as a young child and abandonment issues.  I did not have the love, affection, and nurture from parents who loved me and made me feel valued and accepted.  That kind of upbringing brings about insecurity and with insecurity you tend to judge and compare yourself to others and in my case, it seems I believed I was never good enough. 

Even after receiving Christ many years ago, I believed God judged me when I did wrong and that He was mad at me.  God is not mad at you.  You were separated from His goodness because of your sin (and so was I and every human being).  But He loved you so much that He sent His Son, Jesus, who was sinless, to this world to bear our sins in His body as He suffered on the cross for us.  He took our sin and in exchange Jesus gave us His righteousness.  When this exchange takes place, then God sees us holy, covered in Jesus' righteousness.  That enables us to come boldly into Father God's presence and talk to Him.  He desires honesty from us.  That is hard because sometimes it is difficult to be honest with ourselves. 

I say all this to get to this point, that you need to distinguish your own thoughts from those of satan who wants you to believe his thoughts are yours (which they are not); thoughts like, "They don't like me", "I'm too fat.", "I'll never measure up.", "I'll always be on the outside looking in."  As you begin to read the Bible consistently you will learn that God's love for you is immeasurable and that he created you perfectly you.  There is only one you in the whole world and there will never be another.  When you learn to love this person (yourself) God created, you don't have to compare yourself with others.  These feelings still will come up (because satan never ever gives up) but what is important is what you do with them.  Confess them to God. Ask for forgiveness.  Ask Him to teach you His thoughts about whatever you are feeling such as envy, jealousy, pride, etc.  Then go to the Bible and look up those topics.  Speak God's truth out loud and ask Him to help you change.  Then make sure you pray that God will bless the person you were feeling envy or ill will about.  Pray for their salvation.  Jesus taught us to pray:  "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."  That means it is important not to take offense and if we do to confess it and repent right away.  I hope this helps somewhat.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  We all have these feelings, more often than a lot of us would like to admit.  

Much blessings and love in Christ,

Dabby26

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2 hours ago, Christs Princess said:

Oh wait no I didn't comment on the wrong post.....I got confused when people started talking about muslims and 'allah'

Hmm dont know what that has to do with the OP. :emot-shakehead:

LOL!!! Thank you for making me laugh. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, Ezra said:

This is speaking with a forked tongue.

um....  in the passage quoted..  I think that the phrase "but this is not actually true" is referring to the belief by some ..that the term is used only by muslims or that it is used only in the muslim religion etc. .... This is incorrect because the term is actually also used by Christians etc.

So I don't understand how it is a 'forked tongue'? 

Sorry no offence intended.  Just wondering.

Also - even though in many languages  {including english}  both Christians and non-Christians might use the same general term to mean a Creator.... that does not mean that they have the same understanding of who the Creator really is.  It is just the same word.  Doesn't mean it is the same meaning / understanding / view.

Sorry just some thoughts that's all.

Thanks. 

ps - My apologies to everyone for off topic post. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, just_abc said:

This is incorrect because the term is actually also used by Christians etc.

Not so.  This is what Got Questions said:

When Arabic-speaking Christians use the word Allah, it is usually used in combination with the word al-AbAllah al-Ab means “God the Father,” and this usage is one way Arab Christians distinguish themselves from Muslims.

In view of this, Got Questions should have made it clear at the outset that the Allah of the Koran is NOT the God of the Bible. Instead, for ill-informed Christians, that article was quite misleading.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:57 AM, Ezra said:

Not so.  

um.. that word is used in many / most reputable Indonesian language [ Bahasa Indonesia] bibles .   

If I am not mistaken....  Indonesian and Malaysian-Borneo Christians generally use that word without adding any 'al-Ab'  .. as the word is generally not used as an arabic word by many of those Christians ..but rather as if it is part of their language....  i.e. the word is used with a grammar / sentence structure / often even pronunciation etc.. that is like Indonesian / Malay language rather than arabic..  since it is being used in those languages.....    However if they wish to refer specifically to the Father  then they can and do use the word for Father {from the Indonesian / Malay language} along with that word.   But it is then specifically referring to the Father.  Since God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  Not Father only.

However if that article was referring specifically to arab or arabic-speaking Christians only.... and not to Christians from other languages which also use that term... then I think the article should have made that more clear.

Thanks for explaining.

ps  Once again my apologies for off topic post.  Thank you.

Edited by just_abc