Envy, Rage, and Self loathing

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So today I was reading a book about a girl with digestive issues who god healed.  now I was crying by the end of the book and praising god, but that was not the most interesting thing. Actually the only time I can cry is when I am thinking of god. The thing that I hesitate to confess to is the envy I felt, I mean I should be happy for her right, but the malicious thoughts remain. I mean they say ignorance is bliss, and meeting Jesus would also be very comforting, but I am stuck in that sweet spot in the middle. I used to think this was just physiological baggage, but then why cant I just reason these thoughts away, why do I still have the angry urge to scream at god?

Not to be nit-picky but, do you capitalize your name? I noticed that you have on your forum name.  And you capitalized Jesus. Well, GOD's name is a proper name and should be capitalized. At least the first letter. Allah is a god, Jehovah God is GOD or (God). No offense, but please show the proper respect for HIS NAME.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Not to be nit-picky but, do you capitalize your name? I noticed that you have on your forum name.  And you capitalized Jesus. Well, GOD's name is a proper name and should be capitalized. At least the first letter. Allah is a god, Jehovah God is GOD or (God). No offense, but please show the proper respect for HIS NAME.

From what I have read there really is not a huge issue in capitalizing God's name or any pronouns relating to God.It is a matter of preference. If you do that is great and it shows reference and respect for God but it is not a necessity.

16 hours ago, Redsteel said:

So today I was reading a book about a girl with digestive issues who god healed.  now I was crying by the end of the book and praising god, but that was not the most interesting thing. Actually the only time I can cry is when I am thinking of god. The thing that I hesitate to confess to is the envy I felt, I mean I should be happy for her right, but the malicious thoughts remain. I mean they say ignorance is bliss, and meeting Jesus would also be very comforting, but I am stuck in that sweet spot in the middle. I used to think this was just physiological baggage, but then why cant I just reason these thoughts away, why do I still have the angry urge to scream at god?

Maybe it is a Satanic attack? Have you asked Jesus Christ into your life as your Lord and Savior? Have you asked for forgiveness of your sins? Do you read your Bible? Do you have a daily relationship with Christ? You might want to read Ephesians 6:13-17 in the Bible. That tells you how to keep your full armor on at all times. Why don't you give these feelings to God? He has broad shoulders and can handle you telling Him how angry you are with Him. He does want to know everything that is bothering you.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, Redemption79 said:

actually, the Allah Muslims refers to are the same God we worship...

That is a seriously erroneous idea.  Please read the Koran and see what it says about Christians, Jews, the Trinity, and the Deity of Christ. And how it distorts the Bible.

The Allah of the Muslims is akin to Satan.  He used to be worshiped as the moon god in Arabia.

17 hours ago, Redsteel said:

I used to think this was just physiological baggage, but then why cant I just reason these thoughts away, why do I still have the angry urge to scream at god?

1. Since you have spelled God as "god" it would appear that you do not know Him intimately as your Father in Heaven.  So that could well be the root of your problem.

2. The way to deal with envy is to recognize that every individual has his or her own share of blessings and misfortunes. Every individual thing in this universe is unique. There is not a single leaf on a tree that is an exact duplicate of another leaf. Therefore there is absolutely no point trying to compare yourself to anyone else.  Once you stop doing that, you will be at peace.

3. If you are raging against God, you are experiencing an adult tantrum. When children do not get their way, they exhibit tantrums.  So rather than rage against God, read and meditate on His written Word, and then establish a real relationship with Him through Christ.

4. Recognize clearly that you also have real spirit enemies (including Satan) who will plant blasphemous thoughts in your mind. The only way to counter this is to know the Word of God and bring to mind what God has said about Himself.

28 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

I don't always agree with Got Questions. For all practical purposes, Allah is at enmity with the God of the Bible. Read the Koran for clarification.

1 hour ago, Redemption79 said:

I think that "Got Questions" did a nice job of explaining Allah in a reliable Christian Ministry manner.

If you read the Bible (not saying you don't), GOD's name is always capitalized. All other gods are always in lower case. Would you, when using your human father's name, use lower case or would you use capital letters? How much more your Heavenly Father? It is a matter of reverence and respect. Besides, if the Holy Spirit felt it important enough to capitalize GOD's (God's) name, why would someone who calls HIM Father do any less? I'm surprised at your response.

Just now, missmuffet said:

I think that "Got Questions" did a nice job of explaining Allah in a reliable Christian Ministry manner.

Do you really believe that the Allah of Islam is the same as the GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? "I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God." (Isaiah 45:5a) NIV

36 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

If you read the Bible (not saying you don't), GOD's name is always capitalized. All other gods are always in lower case. Would you, when using your human father's name, use lower case or would you use capital letters? How much more your Heavenly Father? It is a matter of reverence and respect. Besides, if the Holy Spirit felt it important enough to capitalize GOD's (God's) name, why would someone who calls HIM Father do any less? I'm surprised at your response.

Do you really believe that the Allah of Islam is the same as the GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? "I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God." (Isaiah 45:5a) NIV

Oh I agree Rick. I would always capitalize any word or pronoun referencing God out of reverence and respect. But other Christian websites think it is choice.

Did you see this Rick from the website?

Christians should not regard Muslims with hatred, but instead with compassion. Their god, Allah, is a false god, and their eyes are blinded to the truth (see 2 Corinthians 4:4). We should be praying for Muslims and asking God to show them the truth, revealing His promise of mercy and freedom in Christ (2 Timothy 2:24–26).