• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I was listening to a teacher give a lesson on the sanctuary and I thought it was interesting enough to share.  We all know that the Jewish nation were slaves in Egypt  before they came to Caanan, and God brought 10 plagues to Egypt before they were pronounced free. The last plague was the death of the first born.  If you didn't want to suffer from this plague you had to slay a lamb and paint the blood on the post of the door. When you go to the sanctuary you notice that the passover lamb(First born) was a part of this system and had to be slain once a year on the 14th day of the first month at even.  Before they left Egypt it appears that God was showing them a life size replica of the sanctuary before he gave the command to Moses in Exodus 25:8

And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

Let's take a look.  Right before they left Egypt they had to conduct the Passover so that they could avoid the angel of death.  Which part of the sanctuary does that represent?

The altar of Burnt offering. The sinner kills the lamb and the priest takes the blood into the temple.  Who represents the lamb?  :rolleyes:

After this plague Pharoah wanted them out.  They left Egypt and where did they come to when they couldn't go anymore?  The Red Sea...a body of water.  Where is that in the sanctuary model?  

the laver where the priests washes themselves before they enter the holy place. 

Then how did God appear to Israel by day? A pillar of cloud.  How did God appear to them by night?  a pillar of fire.  Where are those symbols in the sanctuary model?

Altar of incense=pillar of cloud and the menorah/candle stick=pillar of fire.

How did God feed them in the desert?  Manna= the bread of heaven  Where is that symbol in the sanctuary? The table of shewbread.

Then they came to a mountain and God told Moses to put a border around it and not to let anyone come near it?  That symbol just might be the veal that separates the holy from the most holy place.  

And then his visible presence came down at the mount before Moses and he gave the 10 commandments. That symbol is the ark of the covenant(mercy seat/shekinah glory/presence of God).  

So from time of their leaving Egypt to Mount Sinai, God brought the children of Israel through the experience of salvation towards Exodus 25:8 where they would be able to have God's presence dwelling with them.  Pretty cool huh?    Below is a picture of the furniture in the sanctuary.  Looks like God was trying to tell them something.

graphic-tabernacleFurniture.gif

here it is.

sanctuary.gif

Edited by Remnantrob
got the photo attached properly finally

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Remnantrob said:

Who represents the lamb?

We can be thankful that Scripture says "Christ our PASSOVER is sacrificed for us" (1 Cor 5:7).  The Lord Jesus Christ is not only represented by the Passover lamb, but by all of the animal sacrifices connected with the various offerings.

And just as the blood of the Passover lamb was applied to the door posts and the lintels, God applies the blood of Christ to every believing soul who repents and receives Christ. Scripture says that we are washed in the blood of the Lamb (Rev 1:5). That, and the robe of Christ's righteousness imputed to the believer, gives us access to Heaven.

And every aspect of the sanctuary is related to the finished work of Christ. What many Christians forget is that the sanctuary on earth is a representation of the sanctuary which is in Heaven, where Christ entered as our great High Priest. For details study Paul's epistle to the Hebrews.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Hello Remnant, i see that the shewbread is part of this arrangements, can you please expand about it a litle

On 10/21/2016 at 2:12 AM, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello Remnant, i see that the shewbread is part of this arrangements, can you please expand about it a litle

Hey Your closest friendnt,

Sure! The sanctuary was an experience that God brought Israel through, Jesus went through it and I believe believers today must go through in their born again experience.  The Holy place is representative of the sanctified life.  In it God provides everything light, power, nourishment, guidance, victory and love, but each individual must receive and utilize it for themselves because no one else can do it for him(not even your pastor).  The table of shewbread is your daily food. The loaves of bread and wine represented the Word of God and the blood(life) of Jesus. On this you must feed, eating, chew and assimilate it into your life.  Just like no one can eat for you literally, no one can make you digest the word(shewbread) but you.  You can share it of course but it is an individual work.

“That he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.” Deuteronomy 8:3.

The loaves had incense sprinkled on them to show us that we must always pray, before reading the Bible, for Jesus to send the Holy Spirit, to help us understand His Word. He is our own personal Teacher, and will help everyone who asks in the name of Jesus. No matter if you are young or old; He will teach you if you ask Him.

The loaves were arranged carefully, showing that our study must be systematic and orderly, approaching the Word with care and prayer for the Holy Spirit’s teaching. They are always fresh, showing that our experience is to be vibrant and living.

“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” John 14:26

But if you're just interested in the way the shewbread was represented in the journey for the children of Israel before Moses was commanded to make a sanctuary here is the scripture that speaks generally of their experience with manna: Exodus 16:31-35

31 And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

32 And Moses said, This is the thing which the Lord commandeth, Fill an omer of it to be kept for your generations; that they may see the bread wherewith I have fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you forth from the land of Egypt.

33 And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a pot, and put an omer full of manna therein, and lay it up before the Lord, to be kept for your generations.

34 As the Lord commanded Moses, so Aaron laid it up before the Testimony, to be kept.

35 And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan.

We know that they were sustained for 40 years by that manna provided by God daily.  It was representative of our daily bread Christ.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Hello RR, I thank you for responding, I like people who respond, we do not need to have the perfect answer to respond, I know the guidline that iron sharpens iron, so I am in anticipation in to what maybe revealed next. 

The manna happen in the dessert and it was an even that happen daily, but not on the Sabath day, and just in the early hours before the Sun came up, and it is significan to know that no other food were available, and that it sustained life till other food will be available, it was a temporary situation, that I do understand.  it was also for all people, not all people of the world, but for the nation of Israel, the people of the house of Jacob, not all the children of Abraham but those of the House of Jacob, the sojourners, till they come to their place of destination.? And many of them who left Egypt did not get to taste it, because they die at the rebellion at the worshiping of the Calf.  

And no one who had tasted the fruits of the earth in the land of Egypt at the begging of their life's and were later sustained by the manna ever tasted the fruits of the earth of the Land of Canaan, except for two people, who enter the Land of Canaan, with the exception of the spies and the people who tasted the fruits the spies brought with them on their returned to the dessert, so the spies also got to see the land of Canaan and walk in it but they returned to the dessert to die there, except the two of them. 

I understand that the instructions of the shewbread were given by Moses, so it must be given in the dessert. This is one of the things I am looking to find out. 

when was the first time that the priests tasted the shewbread? 

I understand that only the priests got to eat the shewbread, and only within the Holy Place. 

There is another question did the manna substitute for the need of water,?

There is another question, the priest did have other food to eat, to sustained their lives. 

so what was the significance of the shewbread, what did it sustained , if it deed sustained something ? 

For now...

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

so what was the significance of the shewbread, what did it sustained , if it deed sustained something ? 

The show bread (KJV shewbread)  -- as the name indicates -- was not for sustenance per se.  Yet it represents Christ as the Bread of Life, and so does the manna.  

Just as ordinary bread is referred to as "the staff of life", Christ is the Divine Bread who gives eternal life to the sinner who repents and believes. But this is only possible if He is assimilated into our souls and spirits (Rev 3:20). When Christ said that we must eat His flesh and drink His blood in order to have eternal life, it was a spiritual eating and drinking.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

15 minutes ago, Ezra said:

The show bread (KJV shewbread)  -- as the name indicates -- was not for sustenance per se.  Yet it represents Christ as the Bread of Life, and so does the manna.  

Just as ordinary bread is referred to as "the staff of life", Christ is the Divine Bread who gives eternal life to the sinner who repents and believes. But this is only possible if He is assimilated into our souls and spirits (Rev 3:20). When Christ said that we must eat His flesh and drink His blood in order to have eternal life, it was a spiritual eating and drinking.

Wasn't the Shewbread apart of the food offering that the priests had to make to represent the 12 tribes of Israel. This was put down when God gave instructions on the makeup of the Tabernacle. David and his men ait of this when they were on the run from Saul, If I'm not mistaken.

http://www.bible-history.com/tabernacle/TAB4The_Table_of_Shewbread.htm

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother

Thank you for sharing.....very good,I enjoyed what you heard & I heard what you enjoyed!!!!God Bless you & thanks again....    With love-in Christ,Kwik

Churchmouse,glad you brought that up,I thought of David immediately too!