• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

4 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brother

Thank you for sharing.....very good,I enjoyed what you heard & I heard what you enjoyed!!!!God Bless you & thanks again....    With love-in Christ,Kwik

Churchmouse,glad you brought that up,I thought of David immediately too!

You know what I find interesting is the references that Jesus used when he was talking to the Pharisees  in Mark 2:24-28

Mark 2:24-28King James Version (KJV)

24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?

25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?

26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?

27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

It's a stark reminder of God emphasis on things and the troubling tendency for people to not see the forest for the trees.

27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

That's awesome.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Churchmouse said:

Wasn't the Shewbread apart of the food offering that the priests had to make to represent the 12 tribes of Israel.

Yes, the consumption of the shewbread was limited to the priests. This corresponds to the truth that fellowship with Christ is limited to His Royal Priesthood -- all believers.

While David and his men were given the shewbread which had already been replaced, that was an exception to the rule because of an emergency.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

54 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello RR, I thank you for responding, I like people who respond, we do not need to have the perfect answer to respond, I know the guidline that iron sharpens iron, so I am in anticipation in to what maybe revealed next. 

The manna happen in the dessert and it was an even that happen daily, but not on the Sabath day, and just in the early hours before the Sun came up, and it is significan to know that no other food were available, and that it sustained life till other food will be available, it was a temporary situation, that I do understand.  it was also for all people, not all people of the world, but for the nation of Israel, the people of the house of Jacob, not all the children of Abraham but those of the House of Jacob, the sojourners, till they come to their place of destination.? And many of them who left Egypt did not get to taste it, because they die at the rebellion at the worshiping of the Calf.  

And no one who had tasted the fruits of the earth in the land of Egypt at the begging of their life's and were later sustained by the manna ever tasted the fruits of the earth of the Land of Canaan, except for two people, who enter the Land of Canaan, with the exception of the spies and the people who tasted the fruits the spies brought with them on their returned to the dessert, so the spies also got to see the land of Canaan and walk in it but they returned to the dessert to die there, except the two of them. 

I understand that the instructions of the shewbread were given by Moses, so it must be given in the dessert. This is one of the things I am looking to find out. 

when was the first time that the priests tasted the shewbread? 

I understand that only the priests got to eat the shewbread, and only within the Holy Place. 

There is another question did the manna substitute for the need of water,?

There is another question, the priest did have other food to eat, to sustained their lives. 

so what was the significance of the shewbread, what did it sustained , if it deed sustained something ? 

For now...

Thanks YCF,

Very good insight and even better questions.  I am teachable so whatever I don't address I'm willing to see what you've discovered from scripture.  I like responses as well, even if it is contrary to what I am speaking about.  It always gives you a perspective you may not have considered before.  

The manna happen in the dessert and it was an even that happen daily, but not on the Sabath day, and just in the early hours before the Sun came up, and it is significan to know that no other food were available, and that it sustained life till other food will be available, it was a temporary situation, that I do understand.  it was also for all people, not all people of the world, but for the nation of Israel, the people of the house of Jacob, not all the children of Abraham but those of the House of Jacob, the sojourners, till they come to their place of destination.? And many of them who left Egypt did not get to taste it, because they die at the rebellion at the worshiping of the Calf.  

This is so true.  The manna was a means to and end(goal).  Remember that there was a "mixed multitude" among God's people who left Egypt who complained about how they missed the flesh pots of Egypt and were tired of manna.  It seems as if they wanted to go back to what they were just delivered from.  

And no one who had tasted the fruits of the earth in the land of Egypt at the begging of their life's and were later sustained by the manna ever tasted the fruits of the earth of the Land of Canaan, except for two people, who enter the Land of Canaan, with the exception of the spies and the people who tasted the fruits the spies brought with them on their returned to the dessert, so the spies also got to see the land of Canaan and walk in it but they returned to the dessert to die there, except the two of them. 

This is true and I think that it is indicative of what will happen towards the end of time.  You see a similar thing in the story of Noah, Gideon and even at the time of Jesus...the majority isn't always right. Even when they are with the right people.   I mean you have 70 plus disciples with Jesus that just up and leave because his teaching is too much for them.  I think that's part of the reason why Christ says that not everyone who says Lord Lord  will be in the kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 7:21.  I believe Joshua and Caleb were not only eating the manna but had a heart for God and believed what he promised them.  We too must do the same.

I understand that the instructions of the shewbread were given by Moses, so it must be given in the dessert. This is one of the things I am looking to find out.

Actually I think you mean that the instructions for the shewbread were give to Moses by God in the wilderness.  I believe that the instructions were given to Moses while he was on the Mount with God.  But I'm curious as to what you've found out in your searching.

when was the first time that the priests tasted the shewbread? 

I understand that only the priests got to eat the shewbread, and only within the Holy Place. 

There is another question did the manna substitute for the need of water,?

There is another question, the priest did have other food to eat, to sustained their lives. 

so what was the significance of the shewbread, what did it sustained , if it deed sustained something ? 

a) I would assume that the first time the priest tasted/ate the shewbread was in the dessert right after Moses delivered the instructions from God.

b) yes the shewbread was eaten only within the holy place and if the priest was unclean he couldn't eat it.  In fact no common person could eat it, but purchased slave or someone born in the house could.  See Lev. 22

c) Not at all.  the Shewbread was there as a part of worship.  Water had its place in the laver in the outer court.

d)agreed.  I was speaking of the shewbread in its relationship to the exodus and the experience the Lord was giving them of the sanctuary.  I didn't mean to somehow suggest that it was their only sustenance.  It was represented by the manna experience which was the only food that the children of israel had to eat in the wilderness.  In the worship experience I believe its calling the worshiper to only be sustained by the unleavened bread(word of God) within the holy place.  

e) the significance of the shewbread I believe as I mentioned before is to have a daily experience with the Word. It was baked fresh daily so I don't think you should live your life on an old experience you've had with the bread of life.  that's as much as I've got today.  Sorry for the delay in answering.  

• Followers:  4

1 minute ago, Ezra said:

Yes, the consumption of the shewbread was limited to the priests. This corresponds to the truth that fellowship with Christ is limited to His Royal Priesthood -- all believers.

While David and his men were given the shewbread which had already been replaced, that was an exception to the rule because of an emergency.

I always thought it was to show God's intention that laws were for the people of Israel, more than for God.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

I always thought it was to show God's intention that laws were for the people of Israel, more than for God.

Christ came to uphold and fulfil the laws of God. They were certainly for Israel, and as a genuine Son of David and Son of Abraham, He upheld all of the Torah (which He Himself had given to Israel).  

Jesus of Nazareth was the only man who kept the Law perfectly. Having done so, he ushered in the New Covenant with His blood, thereby making the Old Covenant obsolete. But the Ten Commandments have eternal validity, and have been incorporated into the Law of Christ.

What the traditionalists (Pharisees, scribes, lawyers) had done was to add man-made ideas to those laws, and to pervert their true significance. Also to elevate the doctrines of men above the Word of God.  And that is what Christ exposed.

9 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

I think that the point that Jesus was trying to bring out with the shewbread being given to David was that although it was unlawful for him to eat it, there was a need that needed to be met.  Christ said that the sabbath was for the good of mankind and that though the law was good that a real need should supercede it. For example, remember there was the law of circumcision for a newborn and you have the weekly sabbath which required no work.  Would a jew uphold the sabbath and overlook what God said was necessary?  What if the 8th day fell on a sabbath?  Of course they would circumcise the boy but because there was a need.  

Maybe a better example would have been the one Jesus gave about the animal falling into a ditch and the owner making a decision on whether it was good to save the animal or just leave him there until the end of the sabbath.

• Followers:  4

38 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Christ came to uphold and fulfil the laws of God. They were certainly for Israel, and as a genuine Son of David and Son of Abraham, He upheld all of the Torah (which He Himself had given to Israel).  

Jesus of Nazareth was the only man who kept the Law perfectly. Having done so, he ushered in the New Covenant with His blood, thereby making the Old Covenant obsolete. But the Ten Commandments have eternal validity, and have been incorporated into the Law of Christ.

What the traditionalists (Pharisees, scribes, lawyers) had done was to add man-made ideas to those laws, and to pervert their true significance. Also to elevate the doctrines of men above the Word of God.  And that is what Christ exposed.

Thank you for this. I think I alluded to that, but sometimes I trip over my own explanation of things.  The Pharisees and their ilk added to their prestige by exalting their interpretation instead of the spirit of the law, which was Gods intent.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Remnantrob said:

Thanks YCF,

Very good insight and even better questions.  I am teachable so whatever I don't address I'm willing to see what you've discovered from scripture.  I like responses as well, even if it is contrary to what I am speaking about.  It always gives you a perspective you may not have considered before.  

This is so true.  The manna was a means to and end(goal).  Remember that there was a "mixed multitude" among God's people who left Egypt who complained about how they missed the flesh pots of Egypt and were tired of manna.  It seems as if they wanted to go back to what they were just delivered from.  

This is true and I think that it is indicative of what will happen towards the end of time.  You see a similar thing in the story of Noah, Gideon and even at the time of Jesus...the majority isn't always right. Even when they are with the right people.   I mean you have 70 plus disciples with Jesus that just up and leave because his teaching is too much for them.  I think that's part of the reason why Christ says that not everyone who says Lord Lord  will be in the kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 7:21.  I believe Joshua and Caleb were not only eating the manna but had a heart for God and believed what he promised them.  We too must do the same.

Actually I think you mean that the instructions for the shewbread were give to Moses by God in the wilderness.  I believe that the instructions were given to Moses while he was on the Mount with God.  But I'm curious as to what you've found out in your searching.

a) I would assume that the first time the priest tasted/ate the shewbread was in the dessert right after Moses delivered the instructions from God.

b) yes the shewbread was eaten only within the holy place and if the priest was unclean he couldn't eat it.  In fact no common person could eat it, but purchased slave or someone born in the house could.  See Lev. 22

c) Not at all.  the Shewbread was there as a part of worship.  Water had its place in the laver in the outer court.

d)agreed.  I was speaking of the shewbread in its relationship to the exodus and the experience the Lord was giving them of the sanctuary.  I didn't mean to somehow suggest that it was their only sustenance.  It was represented by the manna experience which was the only food that the children of israel had to eat in the wilderness.  In the worship experience I believe its calling the worshiper to only be sustained by the unleavened bread(word of God) within the holy place.  

e) the significance of the shewbread I believe as I mentioned before is to have a daily experience with the Word. It was baked fresh daily so I don't think you should live your life on an old experience you've had with the bread of life.  that's as much as I've got today.  Sorry for the delay in answering.  

Hello Double R, I am glad to converse with you, because it seems you are not afraid to use your own mind. 

I talk about the shew bread for many reasons, one of them is that I notice you understan paralel prophetic pictures of the things to come from the evens that happen in the past. 

One of the things that I am wondering about is, why the Lord ask that the 12 cakes reprisents the twelve trives and he asked to put francisence on the shewbreads. 

The other is, it is set before me as a memorial to me. 

Every Sabath the replace the bread with new loafs. 

That is said of the Lord having proposse to him self to do something  in the future, and the shewbread continiously remind him of him having to do something in the future. 

It easier for us who live at this age to look back and try to understan a paralel meaning of what the past event represent in the age to come. So if I have to make it laborious for you, and twist your mind or mine a litle bit around, hope you understan and you can bear it, hoping for something yet waiting to be seen, let's hope so.

The relevant scriptures are exodus 24:30, and  Leviticus 24: 5-9. 

So here is the exersize, you are a priest ministering in the Holy Place, (try to think as a priest of that time would think), actually you are having the role of two priests , a) one before the event with David and b)the other after.

What would you think eating every weak a Holy Bread that does not have your name on it? 

A bread that belongs to some people but they are not allowed to come in the Holy place to be partakers and you are not allowed to take it out of the Holy Place and offer it to them and make them happy. 

You have the answer, it is given in clues. 

And then, the even happen with David, and you will be wondering, what kind of a sign is this? 

This is the Lord's doing. 

David and his men are not dead, (they touch and eat the holy bread), the Holy bread went into unholy people. and did not die. and  I am not dead. (I took the bread out of the Holy Place, and even gave it to someone and his companions, not been priest, and ate it outside from the holy place. 

And the pries had no holy bread to eat. David showed up right at the time of the replacing of the shewbread. 

As a priest you will loose your sleep, what would that mean!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

This Thread is wonderful,all such beautiful examples of Christs Enlightening Words ,our Precious Lord & Savior,,,,,,it is Amazing how blinded they were to not see God right in front of their noses!!! I often wonder if I would have been just like them.......although,I was,I was really brought up & taught much how they were.....under the Law & not Grace......very "works" based........

Thanks for this lovely Discussion......                                                   Glory to God!                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik