missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Ladies, if you had a BRCA 1 and or BRCA 2 test and it came out positive would you have a mastectomy or a hysterectomy? Why or why not?

Guys can give their opinion on this as well :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Ladies, if you had a BRCA 1 and or BRCA 2 test and it came out positive would you have a mastectomy or a hysterectomy? Why or why not?

Guys can give their opinion on this as well :)

This is something that came up for me this year. I havent gotten the test yet though but I plan to this year. I had to have diagnostic tests to see if I had cancer after finding a suspicious lump. When my results came back negative, genetic testing was brought up. I definitely would go through it, if the genetic testing came up positive. My husband is supportive too if I choose to do that. 

Im not a fan of celebrities in general, but I have to hand it to angelina jolie. When she got a preventative mastectomy, she showed american women that its ok to have that done. That you do not lose your attractiveness, your value, just because part of you is removed. If she can still be a gorgeous celebrity after having that done, then the average american woman/housewife/single career woman etc can too.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

This is something that came up for me this year. I havent gotten the test yet though but I plan to this year. I had to have diagnostic tests to see if I had cancer after finding a suspicious lump. When my results came back negative, genetic testing was brought up. I definitely would go through it, if the genetic testing came up positive. My husband is supportive too if I choose to do that. 

Im not a fan of celebrities in general, but I have to hand it to angelina jolie. When she got a preventative mastectomy, she showed american women that its ok to have that done. That you do not lose your attractiveness, your value, just because part of you is removed. If she can still be a gorgeous celebrity after having that done, then the average american woman/housewife/single career woman etc can too.

I could imagine that the tests are quite spendy. I do not think I would have the tests or the surgeries but trust and have faith in God for His plan for my life. I think that the test and the technology is wonderful but it just would not be for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

56 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I could imagine that the tests are quite spendy. I do not think I would have the tests or the surgeries but trust and have faith in God for His plan for my life. I think that the test and the technology is wonderful but it just would not be for me.

The tests are not really expensive. The consult and tests are 250 in my area, and thats through a specialty clinic. 

I hope you are not implying that choosing to do this is a lack of faith. 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The tests are not really expensive. The consult and tests are 250 in my area, and thats through a specialty clinic. 

I hope you are not implying that choosing to do this is a lack of faith. 

Did I say that? I feel that it is a personal choice. I think some insurances cover it.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I do not think I would have the tests or the surgeries but trust and have faith in God for His plan for my life.

I'm a guy - my perspective. Personal choice here too. I'm not a fan of doctors going in & looking for things that may be. The position I come from is to stand completely on the word of God for my health - and to walk in divine health. And I'm not implying a lack of faith either, (ayin) rather how I choose to interpret the biblical passages concerning health. I will never go in for a colon exam either, which is quite popular for guys to do.

I recently heard a preacher say, "what would we have thought if Jesus walked down the street & into the local Dr. office for medicine"... food for thought.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 hours ago, JesusGivesLifeMeaning said:

I'm a guy - my perspective. Personal choice here too. I'm not a fan of doctors going in & looking for things that may be. The position I come from is to stand completely on the word of God for my health - and to walk in divine health. And I'm not implying a lack of faith either, (ayin) rather how I choose to interpret the biblical passages concerning health. I will never go in for a colon exam either, which is quite popular for guys to do.

I recently heard a preacher say, "what would we have thought if Jesus walked down the street & into the local Dr. office for medicine"... food for thought.

Since Jesus was perfect, we would have thought he wasn't God. Different line of logic there. We're not perfect, we live in a fallen world with fallen bodies that get sick. Modern medicine has doubled the life expectancy of modern man. Regardless of ones faith one can get sick, and die early, and quite frankly, if we get sick and die from a disease that could easily have been prevented by a doctor's visit, then that's not walking in faith, that's just lacking in wisdom.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Rarely do missmuffett and I agree but we do here. I think it's a personal choice. God gave doctors the skill to heal so going to one should never be considered a lack of faith. That said I have had all the tests I plan to have. Again, personal choice. 

• Thumbs Up 1