Does God get angry easily?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Gerbilgirl, no, God does not get angry easily, and He does not want you to spend eternity in hell. God became a man, Jesus, so He could die on a cross to pay the penalty for mans' sin. He wants to forgive all your sins and give you a new life in Him, change you into His born-again child,  and He wants to give you everlasting life with Him.

Psalm 145:8 (KJV) The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.

2 Peter 3:9 (KJV) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except by me.

John 6:37 (NKJV) Jesus said, “All the Father gives me will come to me and the one who comes to me I will in by no means cast out.”

John 3:14-16, (AKJV) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness even so must the Son of Man be lifted up that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish , but have eternal life. (The Son of man is Jesus Christ & He was lifted up on a cross where He was crucified.)

John 8:24 (KJV) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Girbilgirl,

Everyone is a sinner. Jesus is God who became a man so He could die on a cross and pay the penalty for our sins; a penalty that we could not pay. If Jesus had not paid our sin penalty for us then we would have NO way to be forgiven & then we would certainly spend eternity in hell, but He, Jesus, did pay our sin penalty for us when He died on the cross & shed His blood there for remission of our sins. He was buried in a tomb and on the third day He arose from that tomb defeating death. That is the reason He said that anyone who believes in Him has everlasting life, therefore anyone who believes in Him is forgiven of all sin, becomes a new person in Christ, & has everlasting life with Him.

John 8:24 Jesus said that you, or anyone, who does not “believe” in Him will die in his/her sins. Notice Jesus said you will die in your sin because of “unbelief.” IOW, Jesus paid the penalty for all of your sins except the sin of “unbelief.” The sin of unbelief is THE sin that will send you to hell.

Caution: To “believe” in Jesus means more than just believing that He exists. The devil believes Jesus exists. Actually the devil knows Jesus, but the devil can never be saved.

John

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:31 AM, gerbilgirl said:

I took a Christian-based medieval times religion class in college and seem to be stuck on some of the beliefs that God gets angry easily and hates me and that I must be going to hell for some little sin I committed.  This isn't true, is it?

Hi Girbilgirl.

No, God is not easily angered. There are many Scriptures which teach God is kind, merciful, generous, trustworthy, truthful, and honest.  

Here are all the Scriptures in the Bible for you to use if you like, which clearly state the words, "God is slow to anger."

Nehemiah 9:17, And refused to obey, neither were mindful of thy wonders that thou didst among them; but hardened their necks, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage: but thou art a God5 ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and forsookest them not.

Psalms 103:8, The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous1 in mercy.

Psalms 145:8, The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great4 mercy.

Proverbs 15:18, A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.

Proverbs  16:32, He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

Joel 2:13, And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

Jonah 4:2, And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.

Nahum 1:3, The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

12 hours ago, LifeinOne said:

God is like your father on earth who disciplines his children to go on the right path. Some children think their father hates them when he disciplines them. 

My dad was wonderful.  He gave me a glimpse of what my Heavenly Father was like.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, LifeinOne said:

You were fortunate to have a father on earth. My mother experienced three husbands die at young ages but that's okay because my true Father came to me a year after her second husband had died of a heart attack. 

Sorry to hear that.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

*moved this thread here, since the this does not striclty belong in the seekers area, which expressly states:

The purpose of the Seeker's Forum is strictly for the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I think the responses in this thread are good and would fit well in the Seekers area (since the gospel is intact here), however, the purpose of the seekers area, is for those who are non beleiveing guests, to ask questions about the faith, and there are only believers here, so it seemed better suited to the Worthy Q & A section.