IGNORED

Could you go 21 days without complaining?

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, other one said:

Nope.

Hahahaha and why not?

Come on OO why not join with the challenge? I believe your wife would love it if you tried?

I'm practicing before the start :)

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

So this is a challenge for Worthy or a personal challenge? Trying to make some improvements on Worthy?

personal challenge :) for 21 days ,did you listen to the video?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

41 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Hahahaha and why not?

Come on OO why not join with the challenge? I believe your wife would love it if you tried?

I'm practicing before the start :)

my councilor from a sleep depravity problem told me that it was not mentally healthy to keep all those things inside.....   I was taking a drug that gave me a crazy 3 hour a night average sleep for about a year....   you get really squirrley when that happens.

During that time when we were trying to figure out what was wrong that was one of the more serious things he talked about.....   keeping those little nagging things held in and not letting them out and letting them go.

This sounds kind of cool on the surface, but if you are not really solid grounded mentally it's not healthy to do this......   and since I really don't know any of you well enough to know, i can't promote it.

btw after it was discovered that the drug I was taking for asthma had a very remote problem with serious insomnia, I stopped taking it and slept for 3 days....   woke up much better and was back to my normal self within a month......    but I learned a lot of things related to coping with life during the 16 months I was seeing a councilor...

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

11 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Okay Sis,I'm in!!!" OH but I don't wanna wear a rubber band ,,,,whine whine whine..lol,just kidding!

OK I"m in too!  Let's start praising Jesus!

34 minutes ago, other one said:

my councilor from a sleep depravity problem told me that it was not mentally healthy to keep all those things inside.....   I was taking a drug that gave me a crazy 3 hour a night average sleep for about a year....   you get really squirrley when that happens.

During that time when we were trying to figure out what was wrong that was one of the more serious things he talked about.....   keeping those little nagging things held in and not letting them out and letting them go.

This sounds kind of cool on the surface, but if you are not really solid grounded mentally it's not healthy to do this......   and since I really don't know any of you well enough to know, i can't promote it.

btw after it was discovered that the drug I was taking for asthma had a very remote problem with serious insomnia, I stopped taking it and slept for 3 days....   woke up much better and was back to my normal self within a month......    but I learned a lot of things related to coping with life during the 16 months I was seeing a councilor...

That's so interesting ...wow 3 hours of sleep is not much, are you feeling better at this moment so to speak?

You said:

Wouldn't we be happier if we don't nag or complain ?

Yes I am doing fine, that was about 15 years ago.   BTW they took the drug off the market.

There is a big difference in complaining and nagging.    complaining is expressing something that bothers you once or twice, but nagging if forcing yourself on others.....

No I don't believe people would be happier by not complaining when something upsets or injures one physically or mentally.    Expressing it and letting it go is important to do......  

If you can let it go without expressing it would be ok, but most people don't do that.

If you get bad service from a restaurant that you like to go to and don't complain about it you will most likely keep getting that same service and sooner or later you will miss getting the food you like.....   and the restaurant suffers for the like of business.   

I don't mean to say that we should be mean to people about our complaints, but that's a different challenge.    sooner or later if you don't complain at all a group of people will treat you like dirt and you will just learn to accept it....   and that is not healthy.

9 hours ago, other one said:

Yes I am doing fine, that was about 15 years ago.   BTW they took the drug off the market.

There is a big difference in complaining and nagging.    complaining is expressing something that bothers you once or twice, but nagging if forcing yourself on others.....

No I don't believe people would be happier by not complaining when something upsets or injures one physically or mentally.    Expressing it and letting it go is important to do......  

If you can let it go without expressing it would be ok, but most people don't do that.

If you get bad service from a restaurant that you like to go to and don't complain about it you will most likely keep getting that same service and sooner or later you will miss getting the food you like.....   and the restaurant suffers for the like of business.   

I don't mean to say that we should be mean to people about our complaints, but that's a different challenge.    sooner or later if you don't complain at all a group of people will treat you like dirt and you will just learn to accept it....   and that is not healthy.

lol, you're right in wanting to say something of bad food in a restaurant or those kind of things but you know what I mean ...the everyday grumbling which comes so natural,you must know people in your life who complain about everything? Its hard to be around them :( some people  are so negative ,they can rub it of on you if you're not careful.. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings...

Oh Beloved I didn't know we were deciding on a start date? That's fine,I started right after I watched the video,I don't want to stop in 21 days,this is a big thing with me personally because I always try to capture my thoughts before they come out of my mouth as my lifestyle......many years ago when I really made the decision to fully submit to Christ I wanted nothing more than to be that "Ambassador of Christ" that I heard about - I had such a desire to bury "self" & become that new Creature and this was going to take some serious "Renewing of the Mind"......it was then I started talking less and listening more,Holy Spirit is a Wonderful Counselor,fantastic Disciplinarian.......In my mind I played over & over many things I would normally just have blurted out......anyway,this will be an interesting challenge & there is ALWAYS plenty of room for growth,learning & improvement........

God Bless us all & may we Receive His Bountiful Blessings in this little lesson                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

What is being asked of us, is to be absolutely selfless and devoid of thinking about anything we don't have, concentrating fully on what we do have. Even at that you will need to be thankfull for everything and not listin to any outside source that would tempt you. Sometimes the worst complanits come from the heart of desire and are heard only by the wanter and God.

i would be careful about this

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

lol, you're right in wanting to say something of bad food in a restaurant or those kind of things but you know what I mean ...the everyday grumbling which comes so natural,you must know people in your life who complain about everything? Its hard to be around them :( some people  are so negative ,they can rub it of on you if you're not careful.. 

Usually works like this:

annoid.jpg