creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

something i noticed which was pretty amusing. But do you think  a man would be right or christianlike to have this opinion

12071773_10156663640935187_1845470944_n.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Whether it is Christ-like or not really isn't the main issue.  It's a conversation that MUST be had - whether at the dining table as in this cartoon or at least in one's own head.

Some men can raise children that are not their own and do an incredibly selfless and fabulous job.  There have been children whose lives were saved of a future of uncertainty and fear because of men who stepped up to the plate to become their "fathers".

But not all men can do this.  It's a natural urge to have children of your own genetic makeup.  And if a man knows he cannot fulfill the role of father for another man's child or children, then he should NOT enter into a relationship with the mother of those children.

And he should not be made to feel bad about that.  He knows what his limits are and should be encouraged to announce that upfront.

People should be having conversations like this - VERY early.  As early as the first date. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

something i noticed which was pretty amusing. But do you think  a man would be right or christianlike to have this opinion

I don't know what this has to do with being Christ like or not but I think this guy is a jerk! Lets see him have 3 kids then ask him for one more! If all he is worried about is his legacy then tell him to go write a book or do something good for humanity! This women deserves better then to be treated as a baby maker to make some man feel like he has a legacy! Move on lady! Find some guy that will respect you and marry you for the love you have together!

Okay I know it is just a comic but if someone came to me with this in real life this is what I would say to them. The way I read is this guy isn't looking to merry for love, he is just thinking about his self. And there is no place for selfishness in a good marriage! 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

You can search all you want. There is not going to be a scripture which would say, Christians should not worry whether they would have their own children to carry their legacy or not :)

Like others said, this discussion should be had very early. There is no right or wrong answer for this.

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know what this has to do with being Christ like or not but I think this guy is a jerk! Lets see him have 3 kids then ask him for one more! If all he is worried about is his legacy then tell him to go write a book or do something good for humanity! This women deserves better then to be treated as a baby maker to make some man feel like he has a legacy! Move on lady! Find some guy that will respect you and marry you for the love you have together!

Okay I know it is just a comic but if someone came to me with this in real life this is what I would say to them. The way I read is this guy isn't looking to merry for love, he is just thinking about his self. And there is no place for selfishness in a good marriage! 

Honestly I cant agree with the method but i agree with his rationale

Edited by creativemechanic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

It never says if the woman had these kids out of wedlock or not.  It never says if she was married and got a divorce or for what reason.  

Anywho,  the man is entitled to his opinion and it seems he knows what he wants and the woman is obviously not the woman he wants to be with.  The man wants a woman to be his wife and have kids of his own with and, not a ready made family he obviously feels like he would be trapped in.  The woman wants a man to bare the burden of raising her kids and it is obvious by what she said.  The man see's through it and wants no part of it.  Voicing his opinion is not wrong it is better than allowing things to escalate to the point of no return and later be sorry.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I think it would be wise for that lady to make that dinner date with that man her last.

22 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I think it would be wise for that lady to make that dinner date with that man her last.

Oh i dont think he's inviting her anywhere. But some people actually have said shes being selfish.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, creativemechanic said:

Oh i dont think he's inviting her anywhere. But some people actually have said shes being selfish.

She already has three children. That is a huge responsibility for a man to take on. He wants more children and she does not. That is a huge red flag for a healthy relationship. They both need to move on they are not compatible.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

She already has three children. That is a huge responsibility for a man to take on. He wants more children and she does not. That is a huge red flag for a healthy relationship. They both need to move on they are not compatible.

Though I agree with what you say, it should of been dealt with in love, not with the meanness he shows.