• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

He basically  wamts kids of his own instrad of raising another mans. cant really say i blame him

But where is this idea biblical? There is none. What I see here is a very clear case of pride and self and Scripture is very clear on both those two areas.

However going back to the cartoon both are actually in the wrong. The woman seems to be young, not sick and able to bear children. Is she being selfish for denying a potential father for wanting kids? 

What we don't see is more of the story here. Are the two believers? What are the reasons she doesn't want any more kids? There are so many more questions that need answered. 

But at face value I see two people being very selfish and wanting what they want and not considering the other person's needs, wants or desires. I could tell you from just seeing this cartoon that this relationship would have been very short lived. 

Edited by Jaydog1976
Incorrect spelling

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

And just another thought poped in my head as I am contemplating this cartoon. Again just taking the cartoon at value it would seem the message the guy is sending as well is, "Your kids aren't worth my time because they aren't my own." So they aren't worthy of your time, love and spiritual guidance? They seem they would be a hindrance to this guy. 

I'm glad God doesn't see us that way as believers . Even though I'm adopted into Christ's family I'm an heir with Christ. 

And just a side note my dad, who is my stepfather, is a loving dad who I am so glad to have in my life. Without my dad I may not have come to know the Lord. How do I know? I met my real father a couple of years back. While a nice guy he, from what I can tell, is not saved and even if he is doesn't live like it. 

Edited by Jaydog1976
Incorrect spelling

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Ezra said:

Every man has a right to have his own children, regardless of anything else. 

And every women has the right to say no. (and i also wonder why are we arguing over a cartoon strip)

Edited by LadyKay

16 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Why does she have three children, more info is needed? Is she single, a divorcee or perhaps a widow? Are either of them both again? More info is needed before making a snap judgement but it's obvious he's not family material.

Considering we are debating a cartoon strip, I do not think you are going to get more info on this one.

12 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

He basically  wamts kids of his own instrad of raising another mans. cant really say i blame him

Forgive me for not understanding but I have never really understood that kind of thinking. I hear this from people all the kind who can not for whatever reason give birth to their "own children". When we talk to them about adoption they say they want to have their "own " children. Then spend thousands of dollars and  go through all kind of  treatments to try to do it. When you adopt a child. They become your "own" child. When you marry a women who has a child/children. They become your "own" children. You care for them. You love them. And you are a father or a mother to them.

How do I know this? I married someone who had three children.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/25/2016 at 6:49 AM, creativemechanic said:

something i noticed which was pretty amusing. But do you think  a man would be right or christianlike to have this opinion

12071773_10156663640935187_1845470944_n.jpg

Well put!

We must warn both our sons and our daughters about what the what the world teaches and the consequences of it all.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Young men have as much a right to have a family as young women. Today's teaching reduces men to sperm donors and bill payers.

Anyone who knows me knows I stand for equal rights in all things... but I settle for the dereliction of neither gender. Women CAN have it all under certain circumstances and conditions. There are trade offs etc that can make it work. But the biggest problem I have with choices facing people is the dereliction of family or career for selfish reasons. In most cases (one example) motherhood presents a career minded woman with an either/or choice. The human lives you choose to bring into this world and not put up for adoption are YOUR responsibility as well as the fathers!!!!

Being Peter Pan parent (males or females) is a disaster to a family and to society.

5 hours ago, Davida said:

:noidea: I don't think it would be fair to ask if he is being Christ-like without asking is she being Christ-like? 

Yeah if that is the real question here I do not think I can look at this and say that either one of them is being Christ like or un-Christ like. Even though I think the guy is a jerk, because of my own personal bias. I see nothing un-Christian like in one person wanting children and another person not wanting any more children, and then the two realizing that the person they are dating is not for them.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/25/2016 at 7:35 AM, LadyKay said:

I don't know what this has to do with being Christ like or not but I think this guy is a jerk! Lets see him have 3 kids then ask him for one more! If all he is worried about is his legacy then tell him to go write a book or do something good for humanity! This women deserves better then to be treated as a baby maker to make some man feel like he has a legacy! Move on lady! Find some guy that will respect you and marry you for the love you have together!

Okay I know it is just a comic but if someone came to me with this in real life this is what I would say to them. The way I read is this guy isn't looking to merry for love, he is just thinking about his self. And there is no place for selfishness in a good marriage! 

Nor do I Miss. But then again I never had kids, never will and I'm not sure I would even know how to date anymore.