• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Good morning everyone!

This discussion, question / observation of "The Day of the Lord" and the harpazo (rapture), is mainly directed to the pre tribulation adherents.

We don't know the day or the hour of the coming harpazo, Jesus stated that; He nor the angels in heaven know  when He is coming for the elect, only God the Father knows. But we can know the season and times of His coming for His church. It's my understanding that when antiChrist confirms the peace agreement (covenant) with Israel, that will be the start of the tribulation, the 70th week of Daniel. From that signing / confirmation by the antiChrist he will be known, and from that very day anyone can calculate the day to the 'abomination of desolation', which starts the last three and one half years of "the Great Tribulation". Counting the days everyone will know the exact day of Christ's Second Coming to the very day.  So that's not going to be a mystery or unknown. Am I correct so far?

If you will, carefully read the following verses to see if I'm reading something into them that might not be implied.

1Th 5:1  But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 
1Th 5:2  For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 
1Th 5:3  For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 
1Th 5:4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 
1Th 5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 
1Th 5:6  Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 
1Th 5:7  For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 
1Th 5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 
1Th 5:9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 
1Th 5:10  Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 
1Th 5:11  Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 

1Th 5:9 Supports my belief the church will be caught up out of harm's way, at least prior to the 'great tribulation. I believe the whole purpose of the tribulation is to punish all the sin and wickedness of the world. But I believe the primary reason for the tribulation is; for Israel to earnestly repent and acknowledge their sin of rejecting Christ's first coming, and earnestly petition His immediate return.

With all the previous mentioned, reading verses one through eleven... Does anyone get a suspicion Christ's bride may get a little advanced warning just prior to His coming for His elect? My hermeneutics suggest to the unbelieving He will come as a 'thief in the night'. We are not the 'children of darkness' and that day will not take us by surprise as a thief. To me those verses imply to watch and be sober so we don't miss anything, and by implication to me anyway, those watching / paying attention, possibly will have 'a little' warning? This is just conjecture and observation on my part, and could be incorrect. Anyone else suspect this point of view has some merit?

One other thing I find interesting but maybe has no bearing on the timing of the harpazo; the Apostle Paul seems to put a lot of emphasis on night time?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

35 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning everyone!

This discussion, question / observation of "The Day of the Lord" and the harpazo (rapture), is mainly directed to the pre tribulation adherents.

We don't know the day or the hour of the coming harpazo, Jesus stated that; He nor the angels in heaven know  when He is coming for the elect, only God the Father knows. But we can know the season and times of His coming for His church. It's my understanding that when antiChrist confirms the peace agreement (covenant) with Israel, that will be the start of the tribulation, the 70th week of Daniel. From that signing / confirmation by the antiChrist he will be known, and from that very day anyone can calculate the day to the 'abomination of desolation', which starts the last three and one half years of "the Great Tribulation". Counting the days everyone will know the exact day of Christ's Second Coming to the very day.  So that's not going to be a mystery or unknown. Am I correct so far?

If you will, carefully read the following verses to see if I'm reading something into them that might not be implied.

1Th 5:1  But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 
1Th 5:2  For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 
1Th 5:3  For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 
1Th 5:4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 
1Th 5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 
1Th 5:6  Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 
1Th 5:7  For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 
1Th 5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 
1Th 5:9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 
1Th 5:10  Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 
1Th 5:11  Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 

1Th 5:9 Supports my belief the church will be caught up out of harm's way, at least prior to the 'great tribulation. I believe the whole purpose of the tribulation is to punish all the sin and wickedness of the world. But I believe the primary reason for the tribulation is; for Israel to earnestly repent and acknowledge their sin of rejecting Christ's first coming, and earnestly petition His immediate return.

With all the previous mentioned, reading verses one through eleven... Does anyone get a suspicion Christ's bride may get a little advanced warning just prior to His coming for His elect? My hermeneutics suggest to the unbelieving He will come as a 'thief in the night'. We are not the 'children of darkness' and that day will not take us by surprise as a thief. To me those verses imply to watch and be sober so we don't miss anything, and by implication to me anyway, those watching / paying attention, possibly will have 'a little' warning? This is just conjecture and observation on my part, and could be incorrect. Anyone else suspect this point of view has some merit?

One other thing I find interesting but maybe has no bearing on the timing of the harpazo; the Apostle Paul seems to put a lot of emphasis on night time?

Hi Dennis1209

1Th 5:1  But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you
This is speaking in general, to them back then also.  They being long dead will not be alive in "the season" of the "end of times", so that "season" of his coming is not the issue here, because he's speaking generally to all generations now concerning the state of the heart. 

We are well informed of the season of his coming, as we are given all the signs in other chapters, but he's not writing about "that season" as he mentioned, so what is he talking about?

If one dies in his sins, you could say he didn't keep watch. He didn't hold fast till the end. It's not speaking of "watching for the season" here as he already first stated because  he's speaking about watching for your soul, till the day you die, by keeping the enemy out.  Warning all generations, at all times. 

Now when we die, if our house (our temple) did not truly belong to Christ, then he wouldn't need to break in right?  He is coming only as a thief to those who slacken,....for those who didn't keep their temple clean.  Those who fell "asleep" spiritually and died in that state.  Nothing can be changed now, what we have done goes to the grave with us.  He is not just speaking to the last generation, but warning everyone.  Christ knew exactly when he was going to die, but for us we don't.  It can come any time.

John 7:6   Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.

To those (dead) who will not be woken up at the first resurrection, they awake to Christ in the 2nd judgement.  That is their day of the Lord, the day of judgement and not salvation.  They didn't keep watch for their souls.  Christ will come as a thief to them.

In other words do not die in your sins lest your house be broken into, but if you keep watch, you are obeying all of Christ's commandments by walking in the light, and death cannot separate us from Christ if we are true.

Matthew 24:13   But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Speaking to all generations who follow Christ, not just the last one.  It's a generalisation to all, it's what we hope to receive at the end, the very foundation on which our faith is based on that only Christ can give......

This claims nothing about being out of harms way prior to the great tribulation.  I don't know how you got that?  Because he mentioned the word wrath? Wrath can be given to any generation or person at any time.  Look what happened to Judas?, and Ananias, with Sapphira who blasphemed the holy spirit by lying to the apostles (acts 5), and herod who's bowels burst open?  Wrath can come at any time for any generation, and the dead in the 2nd judgement not written in the Lambs book of life will experience it also.  So "wrath" is not just at the Coming, for all generations receive it, some more than once.

All believers and followers of Christ are appointed to salvation in general.  Christ's wrath does not only happen at the day of his return, that's just for the last generation who will also experience their woes, and this chapter you quoted is for all generations in general and I cannot see the purpose for the tribulation solely being for Israel to repent, but for everybody who is found ungodly.  Israel will also be punished, and so will Christians who refuse to circumsize their hearts, as they will receive all the plagues and be forced to drink of the cup of God's wrath. 

Revelation 6:11   And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Concerning God's wrath on the wicked during the end times,...it will happen after this,....after what Babylon did to all God's beloved.  These dead in Christ have not received God's wrath, but salvation.  Wrath is the opposite.  Christ was killed also, and some of his apostles....all of the prophets too, and many believers...would you consider that being an outpouring of God's wrath if it were to happen to us ?  or do you see finalising our salvation?  Something to think about.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What is the day of the Lord?"

Answer:
The phrase “day of the Lord” usually identifies events that take place at the end of history (Isaiah 7:18-25) and is often closely associated with the phrase “that day.” One key to understanding these phrases is to note that they always identify a span of time during which God personally intervenes in history, directly or indirectly, to accomplish some specific aspect of His plan.

Most people associate the day of the Lord with a period of time or a special day that will occur when God’s will and purpose for His world and for mankind will be fulfilled. Some scholars believe that the day of the Lord will be a longer period of time than a single day—a period of time when Christ will reign throughout the world before He cleanses heaven and earth in preparation for the eternal state of all mankind. Other scholars believe the day of the Lord will be an instantaneous event when Christ returns to earth to redeem His faithful believers and send unbelievers to eternal damnation.

The phrase “the day of the Lord” is used nineteen times in the Old Testament (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31; 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 15; Zephaniah 1:7,14; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi. 4:5) and five times in the New Testament (Acts 2:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; 2 Peter 3:10). It is also alluded to in other passages (Revelation 6:17; 16:14).

The Old Testament passages dealing with the day of the Lord often convey a sense of imminence, nearness, and expectation: “Wail, for the day of the Lord is near!” (Isaiah 13:6); “For the day is near, even the day of the Lord is near” (Ezekiel 30:3); “Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming. It is close at hand” (Joel 2:1); “Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision” (Joel 3:14); “Be silent before the Lord God! For the day of the Lord is near” (Zephaniah 1:7). This is because the Old Testament passages referring to the day of the Lord often speak of both a near and a far fulfillment, as does much of Old Testament prophecy. Some Old Testament passages that refer to the day of the Lord describe historical judgments that have already been fulfilled in some sense (Isaiah 13:6-22; Ezekiel 30:2-19; Joel 1:15, 3:14; Amos 5:18-20; Zephaniah 1:14-18), while others refers to divine judgments that will take place toward the end of the age (Joel 2:30-32; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi 4:1, 5).

The New Testament calls it a day of “wrath,” a day of “visitation,” and the “great day of God Almighty” (Revelation 16:14) and refers to a still future fulfillment when God’s wrath is poured out on unbelieving Israel (Isaiah 22; Jeremiah 30:1-17; Joel 1-2; Amos 5; Zephaniah 1) and on the unbelieving world (Ezekiel 38–39; Zechariah 14). The Scriptures indicate that “the day of the Lord” will come quickly, like a thief in the night (Zephaniah 1:14-15; 2 Thessalonians 2:2), and therefore Christians must be watchful and ready for the coming of Christ at any moment.

Besides being a time of judgment, it will also be a time of salvation as God will deliver the remnant of Israel, fulfilling His promise that “all of Israel will be saved” (Romans 11:26), forgiving their sins and restoring His chosen people to the land He promised to Abraham (Isaiah 10:27; Jeremiah 30:19-31, 40; Micah 4; Zechariah 13). The final outcome of the day of the Lord will be that “the arrogance of man will be brought low and the pride of men humbled; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day” (Isaiah 2:17). The ultimate or final fulfillment of the prophecies concerning the day of the Lord will come at the end of history when God, with wondrous power, will punish evil and fulfill all His promises.

https://gotquestions.org/day-of-the-Lord.html

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,196
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning everyone!

Hi Dennis1209,

Some very good thoughts there bro. Good to see someone actually reading the difference between what the Jesus said on earth to Israel, & what He is now saying at the right hand of the Father on high to His Body.

`1Th 5:4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 
1Th 5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day.`

We, the Body of Christ are looking for the Day of Christ. It is a specific term used by the Apostle Paul referring to the completion of the Body. (1 Cor. 1: 7 - 8, 2 Cor. 1: 14,  Phil. 1: 6 - 10,   2: 16) The term the Day of the Lord refers to that time (as you said) when God will deal with Israel & the nations. This continues through the millennium till the Day of God, when God will purge & purify the heavens & the earth, restore the kingdom to His father & set in motion God`s eternal purposes. (2 Peter 3: 7 - 12)

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Dennis did ask for our opinions but I don't think he is bothering too much with it now.  I hope he is investigating and searching with a pure heart, and to realise that this one verse covers everybody, and is a general warning whether we be born in the last generation or the first, and that it is not "proof" of a pre-trib rapture.

Edited by Sister

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/25/2016 at 4:47 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis1209,

Some very good thoughts there bro. Good to see someone actually reading the difference between what the Jesus said on earth to Israel, & what He is now saying at the right hand of the Father on high to His Body.

`1Th 5:4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 
1Th 5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day.`

We, the Body of Christ are looking for the Day of Christ. It is a specific term used by the Apostle Paul referring to the completion of the Body. (1 Cor. 1: 7 - 8, 2 Cor. 1: 14,  Phil. 1: 6 - 10,   2: 16) The term the Day of the Lord refers to that time (as you said) when God will deal with Israel & the nations. This continues through the millennium till the Day of God, when God will purge & purify the heavens & the earth, restore the kingdom to His father & set in motion God`s eternal purposes. (2 Peter 3: 7 - 12)

Blessings, Marilyn.

So you don't think Israel makes up His body?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,196
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi n2thelight,

Israel is Israel destined for an earthly purpose & the Body of Christ is well...the Body of Christ, destined for a heavenly purpose. To know the difference brings God`s word & eschatology into clearer focus. We need to realise that God is setting more than just this earth in order. The other realms He made have also to be restored. Thus God is calling out different groups for different callings in His great kingdom.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/25/2016 at 8:28 AM, Dennis1209 said:

1Th 5:9 Supports my belief the church will be caught up out of harm's way, at least prior to the 'great tribulation. I believe the whole purpose of the tribulation is to punish all the sin and wickedness of the world.

Yes. The Day of th LORD has nothing to do with the Church, and in fact it would correspond to the Great Tribulation (a period of judgments).  One must review all the OT passages concerning the Day of the LORD, but this should suffice for now (Joel 2:1-3,6,10,11):

ALL WILL TREMBLE

1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

A PERIOD OF DARKNESS

2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

A PERIOD OF BURNING

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them...

A PERIOD OF GREAT PAIN

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness...

A PERIOD OF CATACLYSMIC COSMIC EVENTS

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE TIME

11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning everyone!

1. Old Testament, Angels take the Center of Attention (Dispensation of Angels, God allowed Intercession of the Church to reprove sin)
  2. New Testament, Jesus takes the Center of Attention (Unequally Yolked with Unbelievers, God does not allow Intercession of the Church to reprove sin, to emphasis the Body of Jesus as the Payment for Sin, with the mechanism of using the Hearing of the Word (even the Written Word), to remain in the chastisement of the Gospel)
  3. Revelations, BABYLON takes the Center of Attention (Mark of the Beast, God gives the command to kill dead work and dead flesh to solicit his mercy in the Sign of Divorce, which is the outward expression of the Lord's Body (Temple Stones/UFOs, which begin in a limited geographic area, then will reveal itself accordingly as Genetic Dan is euthanized globally at the appointed time)

When God says, the Angels do not know the hour, neither does the Son/Jesus know the Hour, but the FATHER/BABYLON, knows the hour of the Lord's Coming only.  Then, the Gospel has a different Measurement in View:

1. 70 Generations of Luke 3 = Counting Angels
  2. 70x7 Generations of Matthew 1:17 = Counting Jesus
  3. 42 Generations of Matthew 1 = Counting the Body of Jesus/Payment for Sin/BABYLON

We have a legal reason to say that anything beyond the 42 Month Marker for the Events of Revelations has no value with God for a Sign or a Vision, or any such activities for the reproof of church, and that simply is the gospel's position and the law.  However we are also commanded to keep watch, so I have some intelligent things to be said about the Antichrist Confirmation of the Covenant and the 70 Weeks of Daniel in "Keeping Watch"

UFO Guardian 370 911.JPG

UFO Guardian Diagram, is something God gave the Antichrist himself.  Just like God gave Moses the 10 Commandments, God uses Moses as the Prophet to Confirm the Covenant of Daniel...............1970 to 1991 on the UFO Guardian's Diagram = 9/11 Terrorist Attacks and Flight 370.  There are some other intelligent associations we can make:

1. 1948 Independence of Israel + 69 Years = 2017 to begin the Events of Revelation or the 70th Week
  2. 1968 (Nguyen Van Lem) + 49 Years = 2017 to begin the Last Jubilee which is the Events of Revelation
  3. Flight 370 + 3 1/2 Years = 2017 for Events of Revelation which begins 3 1/2 years, making Seven Years Total for the Tribulation before the 5 Months of Revelation

According to Daniel the Antichrist Confirms the Covenant for 1 Week or Seven Years, if the Antichrist is a Son of Man from Joseph, then he cannot give a Written Law, he can only state the Law that is Given.  Therefore God must provide the Written Law, such as the UFO Guardian's Diagram, and God must set these events into motion for the last Seven Years, such as Flight 370 which is the Seven Year marker for the Events of the Tribulation's Completion.

Revelation 11 says, INRI (inces*/rap*/murde*) will be used against the Antichrist, to make him payment for sin, or perhaps to coerce God by implication of INRI into declaring that another Gospel is given, one that pays for all the sin of mankind arbitrary, and thus the presentation of another gospel altogether.  That is impossible, we have not fully settled the score of suicide by Antichrist so that is something that needs to be done soon, in terms of euthanasia.  The greatest level of euthanasia by God for hurting the Antichrist took place back in 2004 in the Tsunami Earthquake, so we have yet to exceed or match this figure in terms of whats necessary.

Long Story Short::There are Three divisions in the Prophecy of Daniel's 70 Weeks, because God declares his Divorce with Mankind for the satisfaction of the Gospel Three Times (so that you also have three contradictions of the gospel, which will be answered with God's Mercies for the Events of Revelation)

1. Old Testament = Bill of Divorce with the Exodus from Egypt
  2. New Testament = Bill of Divorce with the Crucifixion
  3. Revelation = Bill of Divorce with the Temple Stones/Lord's Body (Sign of Divorce)

(God told Zacharias to be Silent, because the Jubilee's Trumpet did not sound at the 50th Year, that is a Measurement of Daniel's 62nd to the 69th week or 49/50 Years, which is a Jubilee ..................................... God uses Three Resurrections with the, (Abraham/Zacharias), Moses/Antichrist, Just like God used with David/John ........................................ Therefore "Silence in Heaven the Last Jubilee" began when the First Resurrection was completed, precisely in 1968 ..................................... For those of us keeping watch, all massive losses of life globally are caused by the force these people keeping doing to, thee Antichrist, as their lives come to a close and they are continually reminded that they have no favor with God and euthanasia only must be used to ease their pain of the burden of living, so there are levels we have not yet reached, but we need to continually see, what is necessary.) Love and Blessings. (Two Resurrections are Referenced with the Antichrist already, in the declaration from God with the UFO Guardian's Diagram, if God does not allow the Antichrist to die before the 5 months of Revelation, then there is only genocide for the people of USA in challenging his authority, if that is where he is right now, so there are levels we need to reach, which have not yet obtained).

Edited by A_Hobo