• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Dear sister Sister,

Grace and mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

On 10/25/2016 at 2:51 PM, Sister said:

Now when we die, if our house (our temple) did not truly belong to Christ, then he wouldn't need to break in right?  He is coming only as a thief to those who slacken,....for those who didn't keep their temple clean.  Those who fell "asleep" spiritually and died in that state.  Nothing can be changed now, what we have done goes to the grave with us.  He is not just speaking to the last generation, but warning everyone.  Christ knew exactly when he was going to die, but for us we don't.  It can come any time.

Your comment makes me to see the importance of this theme (further reading the citation of the sister Marylin)

On 10/25/2016 at 6:47 PM, Marilyn C said:

We, the Body of Christ are looking for the Day of Christ.

I thought that this was trivial. I never had wondered: “to whom will Jesus come like a thief in the night (1Thessalonians 5.9)?

Thinking about this, I deduced that there are three types of persons:

1th: The Church (those who believe in Christ, His Bride). For these Jesus doesn’t come like thief. They are always in communion with the light (Matthew 4.14-16; John 8.12; 9.5; 1John 1.7; 1Thessalonians 5.4,5).

2th: The unbelievers. For these Jesus didn’t come like thief. First, because a professional thief doesn’t steal grubbiness (after all, what does the wicked have of good, spiritually speaking?). Furthermore, Jesus isn’t thief (He only comes like that). He comes to search only what is His. And, as He said:

o   “Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.” (John 14.30).

The prince of this world (and, obviously, his followers) not commune with Jesus at all (1Corinthians 6.14-18).

3th: The lukewarm (Revelation 3.15,16). It is for them that Jesus comes like a thief. After all, when he to knock on the door, such servants won’t be ready to open (Luke 12.36). Jesus, then, will have that to come in through windows or to break into the door to catch what belongs to Him (His talents – Matthew 25.28; His pounds – Luke 19.24-26).

On 10/25/2016 at 2:51 PM, Sister said:

1Th 5:1  But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you
This is speaking in general, to them back then also.  They being long dead will not be alive in "the season" of the "end of times", so that "season" of his coming is not the issue here, because he's speaking generally to all generations now concerning the state of the heart.

Although I accredit that this passage and all Book of Revelation are applicable to each one of us (by the way, this is the main lesson to be learned), however the immediate context of this passage refers to the rapture of the Church.

See what the Sacred Scripture said:

o   “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive [ and ] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.” (1Thessalonians 4.16-5.2).

Note that Paul was treating about the rapture of the Church.

Furthermore:

o   “And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom [ his ] lord shall make ruler over his household, to give [ them their ] portion of meat in due season? Blessed [ is ] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; the lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for [ him ], and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [ himself ], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [ stripes ].” (Luke 12.42-47).

Note that this will be happen just when the two witnesses will be died. Not to mention that, after three days and a half, will come about the rapture of the Church:

o   “And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.” (Revelation 11.9-12).

While the lukewarm believers commemorate along with the wicked the death of the two witnesses (which, perhaps, think that Jesus will come in the end of the seventieth week), Jesus will come and arise the dead (beginning with the two witnesses, carrying on with the others dead and, finally, catching up the Bride).

The lukewarm believers will be cut in sunder, and will be appointed his portion with the unbelievers.

Finally, why does Jesus come like a thief in the night (to be more precise, at midnight – Matthew 25.6)? Jesus will come in the peak of the apostasy (2Thess 2.3), when the world is in the deeper darkness (Is 60.1-3; see Luke 21.25-28), to the point where millions of lukewarm believers have totally deliver themselves to the lasciviousness (Jude 4) and to eat and drink with the drunkards as if was normal (Luke 12.45).

May Jesus bless you.

Edited by Leonardo Von

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.  Moved over.

Edited by Sister