Dabby26

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I am in the process of reading a book by Christa Black Gifford called "Heart Made Whole: Turning your unhealed pain into your greatest strength".  At the end of each chapter there are some questions she asks.  I honestly am having a difficult time answering them.  She asks "How do you see, feel, hear and experience your heavenly Father. Is He trustworthy or not; is He distant, cruel and angry; or loving, merciful and kind?"  She says, "You will relate to God in the way that you perceive Him.

I don't really have much of an imagination, so I don't really see Jesus so much.  I have the feeling that the Father is very loving, and because I relate to Him as my Daddy-God, I feel secure in His presence.  I had one vision, I guess, you'd say of Jesus where I was a little child and He was carrying me and He was laughing as we were looking up at the clouds and making pictures out of them.  I do not remember what it was I read at that time that stimulated that vision, but I know it had to do with healing a neglectful childhood.  I still remember it and it fills me with great joy and a wonder of His love.  I do not have any picture of the Holy Spirit, because I am just beginning to be more aware of His presence, and so I have to remind myself to ask for His help or words or wisdom, etc. 

I was hoping some of you may enlighten me further or even share your struggles relating to God as well. 

Guest bonnieschamberger

I dont really picture anything in my mind  but when my heart was made ready for Him it really just felt like I fell in love ...but it was the purest strongest falling in love ever ..it still feels like that...God just swooped in and fulfilled every single role in my life and just made me feel whole.I even bought myself a red wedding ring that symbolizes this marriage/wholeness with Him and I love having it to look at and feel on my hand throughout the day.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, Dabby26 said:

I am in the process of reading a book by Christa Black Gifford called "Heart Made Whole: Turning your unhealed pain into your greatest strength".  At the end of each chapter there are some questions she asks.  I honestly am having a difficult time answering them.  She asks "How do you see, feel, hear and experience your heavenly Father. Is He trustworthy or not; is He distant, cruel and angry; or loving, merciful and kind?"  She says, "You will relate to God in the way that you perceive Him.

I don't really have much of an imagination, so I don't really see Jesus so much.  I have the feeling that the Father is very loving, and because I relate to Him as my Daddy-God, I feel secure in His presence.  I had one vision, I guess, you'd say of Jesus where I was a little child and He was carrying me and He was laughing as we were looking up at the clouds and making pictures out of them.  I do not remember what it was I read at that time that stimulated that vision, but I know it had to do with healing a neglectful childhood.  I still remember it and it fills me with great joy and a wonder of His love.  I do not have any picture of the Holy Spirit, because I am just beginning to be more aware of His presence, and so I have to remind myself to ask for His help or words or wisdom, etc. 

I was hoping some of you may enlighten me further or even share your struggles relating to God as well. 

Jesus Christ is with everyone of the Born again believers. Jesus is not in heaven and us on earth. He is within us because we have the Holy Spirit in us.He is right there with us. I often refer to Jesus Christ as Abba Father. He loves us more than anyone on earth could ever love us. He wants a personal relationship with us. He wants to know everything that is on our minds and everything that is troubling us each and everyday. He wants us to communicate with Him often in prayer. He wants us to know Him as we read the Scripture in the Holy Bible. He wants us to repent of our sins. He is God. He wants us to have an eternal home with Him for an eternity and the only way we can do that is to ask Him into our lives to be our Lord and Savior. It is not an instant process for the person who has just become a believer. It took me years to feel and become so close to God. To have faith and to trust Him in everything we say and do. To know that He is in control of everything that happens in this world and we do not have to be afraid of anything. We give it all to Jesus. God Bless you in your walk with God. :)

18 hours ago, Yowm said:

We should relate to God according to His Word and not by how we see, hear, feel, experience Him etc. We walk by faith not by our senses.

Ok, then. That's a big help.

18 hours ago, bonnieschamberger said:

I dont really picture anything in my mind  but when my heart was made ready for Him it really just felt like I fell in love ...but it was the purest strongest falling in love ever ..it still feels like that...God just swooped in and fulfilled every single role in my life and just made me feel whole.I even bought myself a red wedding ring that symbolizes this marriage/wholeness with Him and I love having it to look at and feel on my hand throughout the day.

That is absolutely amazing.  You see, I want to feel that kind of love for Jesus and God that you "feel".  What I am realizing is that if you can't feel His love, then He will always feel distant and far away.  For me, that is the frustrating part.  I do walk by faith as someone else said, but honestly there must be more.  It is a relationship and that is personal.  I appreciate your input.  Much blessings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

19 hours ago, Dabby26 said:

He is the Creator of all there is.  He is my Lord and my most High King. I am His Daughter by His shed Blood, and I will be forever His.  May sound simple but that is what God is to me.