RK98

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm really depressed, stressed and anxious. I'm only eighteen years old but I feel like I've lived a lifetime. I feel well beyond my age...I feel old. So much negative things have happened in my life up until this point. Bad thing after bad thing...it just doesn't stop. I keep waiting for a break but I never really get one. I've been a Christian in the past but through that period of my life, which was ten years, my life didn't get any better, in fact it got worse, so my faith got less and less strong. This resulted in me questioning God a couple years back, questioning life and everything in it, which led to an existential crisis and me leaving Church and God. Every-day I get worse and worse. I feel like I'm dying day-after-day. I'm at my breaking point. I can't take this anymore. I don't know if God is really real anymore, I need proof. I plan on fasting everything: technology, food etcetera and just push into him by reading his word and praying. I want God to show me that he is real by giving me a full beard...like one day in my fast I'll just wake up with a massive full beard (I don't really have facial hair so hence the beard). This is my way of knowing whether God is really real or not. I don't plan on stoping the fast until this happens. If I die, then I die. But I just really need this, I need to know if he's really real. I need something to live for. I need meaning and purpose in my life. Nothing feels real anymore, the world around me and the people in it. I just need to know that God is real, that he's really real. Do you think this will work?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Doubtful. It sounds like putting God to the test to me.

We are fortunate to live in a time of scientific discovery. The world and universe around us screams that God is real, that He must be real. Look up Doug Powell's apologetics video on Youtube for starters. We are not called to vague, blind faith. God has given us incredible scientific understanding to see levels of his power and majesty through his creation that people in past could never have dreamed of. We can know that the Bible is true!

I'd also advise you to try to connect to a good local church that strongly teaches the world of God.

God bless you in your search!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, RK98 said:

Do you think this will work?

I think you are barking up the wrong tree there. First off, the life of a Christian is not promised to be a bowl of cherries, it is said to be a life of trials and sacrifices. It sounds like you want proof of God's existence - I don't think that is something you really want to persue. God wnats us to have faith, to trust him, to let go of what we think we want and need, and allow Him to have control over meeting our needs. Proof, displaces faith. It is by faith, that we receive His blessings, especially the permanent, timeless ones. 

Sure, we have the example of Gideon in Judges 6, where he required God to prove himself, but that is not said to be a good thing, it would have been better for Gideon to just be obedient and trusting. A big difference though in that case, was that Gideon was in actual conversation with an angel of the Lord, a little different that the typical Christian circumstance.

What we have though, that they did not, is a complete Bible, a long history of God doing the miraculous, and His Son rising from the dead as the ultimate sign, and now, we have the New Testament and 2000 years of church history. There is little left for us to have seriously legitimate doubts about, if we take the totality of all these things seriously.

I am sure, many reading this, will now be praying for you, but perhaps not for what you wish would happen, but for God's will to happen in your life.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

24 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I think you are barking up the wrong tree there. First off, the life of a Christian is not promised to be a bowl of cherries, it is said to be a life of trials and sacrifices. It sounds like you want proof of God's existence - I don't think that is something you really want to persue. God wnats us to have faith, to trust him, to let go of what we think we want and need, and allow Him to have control over meeting our needs. Proof, displaces faith. It is by faith, that we receive His blessings, especially the permanent, timeless ones. 

Sure, we have the example of Gideon in Judges 6, where he required God to prove himself, but that is not said to be a good thing, it would have been better for Gideon to just be obedient and trusting. A big difference though in that case, was that Gideon was in actual conversation with an angel of the Lord, a little different that the typical Christian circumstance.

What we have though, that they did not, is a complete Bible, a long history of God doing the miraculous, and His Son rising from the dead as the ultimate sign, and now, we have the New Testament and 2000 years of church history. There is little left for us to have seriously legitimate doubts about, if we take the totality of all these things seriously.

I am sure, many reading this, will now be praying for you, but perhaps not for what you wish would happen, but for God's will to happen in your life.

I think that it's ok to ask God to prove himself. You're taking a big gamble if you don't have proof. It's not much to ask for in return for your dedication. It's pretty sad to make us follow him or else we'll in hell forever... that's just really sad. I just want to know if he's really real before I give up my everything. It's not too much to ask for; it's logical. If God is really real then he knows what I've been through and have had to suffer so far in my life, then I think he'd understand were I'm coming from. He's supposed to be loving and caring ya know? Wouldn't a loving and caring God answer your prayers? Wouldn't he love to give someone like me closure? If he did this then I'd be a follower and I'd probably give him my everything. It's a win win for him ya know?

Edited by RK98

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, RK98 said:

I'm really depressed, stressed and anxious. I'm only eighteen years old but I feel like I've lived a lifetime. I feel well beyond my age...I feel old. So much negative things have happened in my life up until this point. Bad thing after bad thing...it just doesn't stop. I keep waiting for a break but I never really get one. I've been a Christian in the past but through that period of my life, which was ten years, my life didn't get any better, in fact it got worse, so my faith got less and less strong. This resulted in me questioning God a couple years back, questioning life and everything in it, which led to an existential crisis and me leaving Church and God. Every-day I get worse and worse. I feel like I'm dying day-after-day. I'm at my breaking point. I can't take this anymore. I don't know if God is really real anymore, I need proof. I plan on fasting everything: technology, food etcetera and just push into him by reading his word and praying. I want God to show me that he is real by giving me a full beard...like one day in my fast I'll just wake up with a massive full beard (I don't really have facial hair so hence the beard). This is my way of knowing whether God is really real or not. I don't plan on stoping the fast until this happens. If I die, then I die. But I just really need this, I need to know if he's really real. I need something to live for. I need meaning and purpose in my life. Nothing feels real anymore, the world around me and the people in it. I just need to know that God is real, that he's really real. Do you think this will work?

God is with us through all of our tribulations and there can be many. I have sure had my share. We ask God to be with us during all of these trials and He is. We go through this life suffering just as Christ suffered while He was on this earth. God does not have to prove anything to you. We come to Christ not by sight but by faith. You might try asking Jesus Christ into your life and asking for forgiveness of your sins and reading your Bible everyday. Satan is out there for every opportunity he can get to devour us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

As I was reading through, I was reminded of an old hymn. And please do read the situation in which it was written. That's when you would fully understand the meaning of the words. This song ministered to my soul amazingly while going through some rough situation.

God has promised deliverance from our suffering. For some, the deliverance happens fast. For some late. For some it happens on the other the side of life. It all happens as per His purpose and plan. In the meanwhile, God is promising us that He is always with us. We should seek Him to draw strength. You may not get answers for your question from this thread. You would only hear promises from Bible that everyone can give you. In reality, God also wants you to cling on to His promises only.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Is_Well_with_My_Soul

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to knowa
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings RK

Welcome to Worthy..... well,you have lived a life time,your time and though it has only been 18 short years it is the only thing you can relate to .....& as lost as you are,sure -it probably seems like 180 years!! But I will tell you this,if you are so Blessed to live to be my age & older ,18 years will seem like a flash and the funny thing is that no one can even guarantee you will even wake up tomorrow morning so maybe you will only get the time you have right now,,,,,this is what I would be focused on"If God is REAL & everything He says id TRUE then I am in a heap of a mess!"

You said you want to fast,give up everything of this world & just eat of Gods Word & seek His Face...excellent!!!! Give you proof with a full beard?Maybe & highly not likely! If you are earnestly seeking Him & praying with an open Heart,truly looking for Him,He Will Reveal Himself to you,it is very possible that He already has only you are not seeing what YOU want to see & therefore ignoring Him.....in hindsight many of us can honestly say"Wow,God was Revealing Himself to me left & right & I just didn't SEE.......WE accept the Lord on His Terms,not ours.....He owes us NOTHING & yet He gave EVERYTHING that we could Receive His unmerited ,undeserved Grace

As Omegaman has said to you...

God wants us to have FAITH, to trust him, to let go of what we think we want and need, and allow Him to have control over meeting our needs. Proof, displaces faith. It is by faith, that we receive His blessings, especially the permanent, timeless ones.                                      Omegaman

You have a good plan of action ,stick to it .....change your mindset & simply say"I NEED you Lord,I want Your Will to be done in my life......I need Your Forgiveness,Your Love,Your Grace,Your Son Christ Jesus-help me to have FAITH"                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

20 hours ago, RK98 said:

I think that it's ok to ask God to prove himself. You're taking a big gamble if you don't have proof. It's not much to ask for in return for your dedication. It's pretty sad to make us follow him or else we'll in hell forever... that's just really sad. I just want to know if he's really real before I give up my everything. It's not too much to ask for; it's logical. If God is really real then he knows what I've been through and have had to suffer so far in my life, then I think he'd understand were I'm coming from. He's supposed to be loving and caring ya know? Wouldn't a loving and caring God answer your prayers? Wouldn't he love to give someone like me closure? If he did this then I'd be a follower and I'd probably give him my everything. It's a win win for him ya know?

God has already proven Himself via his creation and His miraculous work in the Bible. Many have dedicated their lives for thousands of years to prove the reliability of the scriptures so that we might know we believe the truth.

2 Peter 1:16 - For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Luke 1:1-4 - Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile a narrative of the things that have been accomplished among us, just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word have delivered them to us, it seemed good to me also, having followed all things closely for some time past, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, that you may have certainty concerning the things you have been taught.

If you're willing to study the Bible on a deep, thoughtful level, not to mention science and the universe, the proof is evident. If you see and understand all of that but then still demand God perform some personal little miracle for your own benefit, it's like saying that all the evidence He's given us for thousands of years, by preserving the scriptures for us, etc. is not enough.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Your focusing on things that have happened in the past. You will never be able to appreciate what God has in store for you in your future, and believe me you have a future if you only trust Him.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/25/2016 at 10:08 PM, RK98 said:

The full beard is not going to happen over night.  That would prove nothing.  The Bible tells us to walk by faith and not by sight.  It is all about learning to trust Him whether you can see what you want or not.