Sailingsoul

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

ok yesterday I had a convo with a group of people about god. I didn't initiative it , it started out about something totally different and just led up to God . So one dude didnt believe in the spirit of god... And that amazed me..his thing was being more concerns with facts: Like what was the first book of the bible, the fact its been translated so many different times and theres missing books....

but I asked, if all we have is a breathe in us-- what did Jesus come to save? And he couldn't answer that...

anyway, I keep replaying it in my mind..bc this was sooo off guard for me, I wasn't prepared... I'm still healing myself from church hurt... And ..idk I just felt like ...could have been someone else, plus I wasn't there to convert anyone... In still trying to keep myself saved...basically I'm saying I'm not perfect... I just wish it hadn't occurred because I wasn't ready.

Edited by Sailingsoul

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Might I just say that you nor I nor anyone else in the world knows what any other person needs to hear to enlighten them to the point of believing....     so you didn't feel ready.....    The Holy Spirit is always ready and can and does have us say things to help others when we are engaged in conversation whether or not we are ready.

Many times I have left a conversation and wondered why in the world did I say something or another not really understanding where it came from...

No way for me to know, but it might well be that the Holy Spirit put words into your mouth just for that one single person to munch on for a while and you may never know the affect it will have on him.

Personally it has been my experience that when things like you post here happen it is usually the Spirit working for that individual person you were talking to.      

But that isn't to say that you should not keep doing things to make you feel more ready to do those things....    but I doubt you will ever get to the point that questions don't come up as to why in the world did I say such and such........    because we never really know what an individual needs to have the gospel light turn on in thier heads.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

7 hours ago, Sailingsoul said:

ok yesterday I had a convo with a group of people about god. I didn't initiative it , it started out about something totally different and just led up to God . So one dude didnt believe in the spirit of god... And that amazed me..his thing was being more concerns with facts: Like what was the first book of the bible, the fact its been translated so many different times and theres missing books....

but I asked, if all we have is a breathe in us-- what did Jesus come to save? And he couldn't answer that...

anyway, I keep replaying it in my mind..bc this was sooo off guard for me, I wasn't prepared... I'm still healing myself from church hurt... And ..idk I just felt like ...could have been someone else, plus I wasn't there to convert anyone... In still trying to keep myself saved...basically I'm saying I'm not perfect... I just wish it hadn't occurred because I wasn't ready.

In the first place, you cannot keep yourself saved.  I understand your meaning though.  It sounds like you are saying that you have not been living in a way that would reflect the glory of the Lord, so you do not feel qualified to lead others to Christ (if this is not correct, please let me know).  I have felt unqualified for as long as I can remember, but God is showing me I am really who He says I am and not what I have believed about myself (because I have tended to brand myself not good enough or less than others).  I now realize that those are the thoughts satan whispers in our ear hoping we will believe it is truth and that is how so many wrong beliefs about ourselves get implanted into our hearts.  Jesus has qualified us by His shed blood on the cross.  He took our sinfulness and exchanged it for His righteousness.  As soon as we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us.  Practice that.  Don't let satan browbeat you.  Our spirits are holy and righteous, but our souls have scars that need to be healed.  Give yourself grace because God does. 

When you find yourself in that situation again, whisper a quick prayer to the Holy Spirit who is with you for the right words and to "listen" to the heart of the person who is speaking.  For instance, when Jesus met with the rich young ruler, he asked Jesus, "What should I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus told him the things that are in the law.  He proudly announced that he kept those.  But Jesus got to what was in his heart and his money was holding him back from following Jesus.  The rich young ruler left Jesus feeling sad and grieving. 

Much blessings,

Dabby26

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

16 minutes ago, Dabby26 said:

In the first place, you cannot keep yourself saved.  I understand your meaning though.  It sounds like you are saying that you have not been living in a way that would reflect the glory of the Lord, so you do not feel qualified to lead others to Christ (if this is not correct, please let me know).  I have felt unqualified for as long as I can remember, but God is showing me I am really who He says I am and not what I have believed about myself (because I have tended to brand myself not good enough or less than others).  I now realize that those are the thoughts satan whispers in our ear hoping we will believe it is truth and that is how so many wrong beliefs about ourselves get implanted into our hearts.  Jesus has qualified us by His shed blood on the cross.  He took our sinfulness and exchanged it for His righteousness.  As soon as we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us.  Practice that.  Don't let satan browbeat you.  Our spirits are holy and righteous, but our souls have scars that need to be healed.  Give yourself grace because God does. 

When you find yourself in that situation again, whisper a quick prayer to the Holy Spirit who is with you for the right words and to "listen" to the heart of the person who is speaking.  For instance, when Jesus met with the rich young ruler, he asked Jesus, "What should I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus told him the things that are in the law.  He proudly announced that he kept those.  But Jesus got to what was in his heart and his money was holding him back from following Jesus.  The rich young ruler left Jesus feeling sad and grieving. 

Much blessings,

Dabby26

youre so right..... Thank you so much for your input.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

12 hours ago, Dabby26 said:

Much blessings,

Dabby26

are you sure that this didn't happen already...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

7 hours ago, other one said:

are you sure that this didn't happen already...

What in the world does that mean????

On 10/27/2016 at 2:56 AM, Sailingsoul said:

Sail, we learn not only through Scripture, but the encounters we have and interactions with other people. And sometimes we can end up "flatfooted" even when we have learned quite a bit.  But it's not about what we can do, but about what the lord does with what little we may have Sometimes the Lord calls on us even to simply say one thing when it needs to be said. Many of us are simply "planting seeds" if you will (ideas, things to think on, etc), while another "waters" (gives more info, adds insights that clarify). But in the end, it's God who gives the increase: He brings it all together.

I know in my artwork I never consider it truly "good enough" to speak to folks, but I just do as the Lord directs me. So please don't feel you "failed" in any way or you're "not ready". I hope this helps you. :)

-Robert

Edited by RobertS