Where is God and where are His Promises - Unanswered prayer

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I have been dealing with things weighing me down - prayers left unanswered, and I wonder where God is and if He is sane at times.  I've had some bad things happen to my family and I - including being harmed by so-called "Christians."  My experiences can't be unique.  How do others handle this? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 10/27/2016 at 7:43 AM, cherubim said:

I have been dealing with things weighing me down

And His word followed in your life?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 10/27/2016 at 7:43 AM, cherubim said:

I have been dealing with things weighing me down - prayers left unanswered, and I wonder where God is and if He is sane at times.  I've had some bad things happen to my family and I - including being harmed by so-called "Christians."  My experiences can't be unique.  How do others handle this? 

:emot-heartbeat:

When Stones Fly

The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. 2 Samuel 22:3

I Shelter In The Love Of Jesus

Unsure what you mean, but I have sought God diligently.  I need to implement regular bible study, which is difficult due to pain issues. I am dealing with multiple issues and sometimes see God act. Today I had a very bad day due to severe pain - I was damaged in a medical procedure. The country has politicized pain medications and I'm incidental damage - being left in high levels of pain. Not judged on what *I* do but on what a subset of people who abuse drugs ostensibly did. This is happening to people just like me all over the US.  I take multiple healing supplements, pray, and do all I can, but sometimes it doesn't avail or cut it.  It's not lack of faith or lack of trying.  I'm still searching for many answers - this pain is one of them.

Edited by cherubim

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Waiting on God's timing can be incredibly difficult; accepting that His timing might be "never" can be even more difficult. It's possible that it's not His will to heal you of your pain at all, or He might be leaving it in place to grow you and bring you closer to Him.

As for the "Christians" who have harmed you, I'm certainly very sorry to hear that, as always. But I will say that flawed human action should never color our opinion or belief in the eternal, perfect God. Who He is and His word (the Bible) should be our authority and reference point. The fact that you can call them "so-called 'Christians'" is proof that you already realize this; the Bible is the higher authority and they are not living up to it. Be strong and realize that God has power over all!

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, cherubim said:

Unsure what you mean, but I have sought God diligently.  I need to implement regular bible study, which is difficult due to pain issues. I am dealing with multiple issues and sometimes see God act. Today I had a very bad day due to severe pain - I was damaged in a medical procedure. The country has politicized pain medications and I'm incidental damage - being left in high levels of pain. Not judged on what *I* do but on what a subset of people who abuse drugs ostensibly did. This is happening to people just like me all over the US.  I take multiple healing supplements, pray, and do all I can, but sometimes it doesn't avail or cut it.  It's not lack of faith or lack of trying.  I'm still searching for many answers - this pain is one of them.

Oh cherubim,

I so feel for you with the pain issue.

`Dear Lord Jesus I lift up this soul to you. You see the difficulty, the pain, the turmoil. I know you are there right now with cherubim & I ask you to relieve this pain & still their inner turmoil. In Jesus` name`.

As to prayers left unanswered, we tend to put `pain` at the top of the list, (& I also know what severe pain is) however God puts growing in trust in Him at the top. If we don`t grow to know Him we will be babes & deceived. Thus I would encourage you to keep looking to the Lord & He will take you through. It seems you are having a trial of faith, as `will you still trust God amid this pain?` (1 Peter 1: 1 - 9)

...if need be you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith......may be found to praise ......receiving the end of your faith - the salvation of your souls.

I`ll keep you in my prayers. Marilyn.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings cheribum

Wondering "where God is & if He is sane....." is not a typical statement from a Christian,I assumed because of that statement plus posting in the "Seekers Lounge" that you were "Seeking",an unbeliever ...now you told me you have been a Christian for 35 years.....that is good to hear but I don't see an Intimate,Personal Relationship & if we do not vigilantly & diligently seek God Face then how can we expect to hear His Voice?I know folks that say they are a Christian for 60 plus years,they know about Who their Lord & SAvior is & still,do not KNOW Him personally....They go to church every Sunday,pray like there is no tomorrow(vain repetitions & continual requests)) and truly "Believe".........Sis,please don't misunderstand what I'm saying or what anyone else is saying,it is not about anyone questioning your Faith or that you are not doing this or that (or not TRYING)......it is more about what do you Understand?I'll try to explain better & I tell you what I do BECAUSE I LOVE YOU......truly.....

There is no judging here,no condemnation,not from any of us......we too were probably right where you are standing at one time in our Christian Walk & we only want to share with you what we HAVE.......Peace,Joy,Comfort,Guidance,Direction & Answered prayer(HIs Still Small Voice)      It is not about anything we DO but Who we BELIEVE,we walk by Faith & not by sight........you must believe & trust the Word of God first before you will see the manifestation of the things you ALREADY have by Jesus Authority ,Holy Spirit POWER that is in your hands & available.....& whether or not the manifestation of these things come during our brief time in these bodies or not is irrelevant!!!!!!That may not even make sense to you at this moment but with all my HOPE in Christ Jesus,it will!

When I say vigilant & diligent I mean your heart for God,your hunger & thirst to know Him......not in works but in DESIRE,desire to be near Him.....pray to see His Face,not ask for His Hand,the closer you get to Jesus the more the walk in Spirit & in Truth.......all your focus should be on Him & wanting to know Him better,having access to His Heart,His Mind.....when the attention is on Him & not about you things change,when you move from a carnal minded person to an Eternal Minded person the "flesh" is of little or no consequence.....honest!!

We all have our trials,we all have to deal with physicalities but they are not who we are,we are Who we are in Christ.we are Victorious!! A few years ago I was diagnosed with stage 4,incurable,irreversible ,terminal cancer....HA!Talk about "pain"?  Well,I will hear no evil report! In spite of medical facts,in spite of pet scans,in spite of doctors reports,in spite of what my body was screaming out in pain & agony......it didn't matter,God Word says that "I AM HEALED by HIS STRIPES".....He says we have the Power to heal ALL manner of sickness & disease.....He says,He bore my pain,my transgressions & iniquity.........But the pain is real? I was only getting worse & worse day by day.......but Sister,I kept my eyes on Jesus & preached the Gospel to anyone I could,I told others about His Promises & all through my journey I had Peace,Joy & Comfort regardless of what I "feel".........People said,"What if you die".......I said"I can't die spiritually & if I leave this body then surely I will be as He is in Heaven in a new glorified body & truly be HEALED!!!!" So what?"  

You see,I did have Gods Blessed Assurance through it all because I just wanted to be NEAR HIM & so we talked constantly,I wanted His Strength at my time of weakness & indeed He gave it to me......I asked,I waited & I trusted........simple,right? No,it is not quite that simple,,,,,,I did nothing more than you can do,I have not any more Faith than you do,I'm nobody special not any more special than you,,,,,but I KNOW my Father,I know Him because I am  firmly established in His Word,Holy Spirit brings Remembrance *(of His Word)to me in every situation & in every circumstance because that is what I am Filled with,that is my food,my nourshment,it is what sustains me & gives me LIFE,a Life More Abundant

If you wanted me to answer you & you & you continually send me messages & diligently write them out every day & you cerainly hit"send" you are expecting to hear from me,right? Well you cannot hear from me if you never open your mail!!!!! Start in the Book of John,read Gods Love Letter to you......"Dear chribum,I love you,From God".......read it as though that is how it is Written & begin to Understand how Precious you are to Him & that everything He came to do & did,He did it just for YOU and ask Jesus to Reveal Himself to you.....make this your #1 Priority......see what happens

Matthew 6:33King James Version (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Oh cherubim,

I so feel for you with the pain issue.

`Dear Lord Jesus I lift up this soul to you. You see the difficulty, the pain, the turmoil. I know you are there right now with cherubim & I ask you to relieve this pain & still their inner turmoil. In Jesus` name`.

As to prayers left unanswered, we tend to put `pain` at the top of the list, (& I also know what severe pain is) however God puts growing in trust in Him at the top. If we don`t grow to know Him we will be babes & deceived. Thus I would encourage you to keep looking to the Lord & He will take you through. It seems you are having a trial of faith, as `will you still trust God amid this pain?` (1 Peter 1: 1 - 9)

...if need be you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith......may be found to praise ......receiving the end of your faith - the salvation of your souls.

I`ll keep you in my prayers. Marilyn.

Thank you - I need those verses as one needs water. I have been separated from other Believers due to being homebound - so I need this for "iron to sharpen iron."

16 hours ago, BK1110 said:

Waiting on God's timing can be incredibly difficult; accepting that His timing might be "never" can be even more difficult. It's possible that it's not His will to heal you of your pain at all, or He might be leaving it in place to grow you and bring you closer to Him.

As for the "Christians" who have harmed you, I'm certainly very sorry to hear that, as always. But I will say that flawed human action should never color our opinion or belief in the eternal, perfect God. Who He is and His word (the Bible) should be our authority and reference point. The fact that you can call them "so-called 'Christians'" is proof that you already realize this; the Bible is the higher authority and they are not living up to it. Be strong and realize that God has power over all!

Yes - I keep saying, as in Psalms:  "How long, O Lord..."   But within me, I know that God knows what He is doing, just at times I grow weary.  I have prayed so very long.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Just stay strong as best you can. I would advise to just continue praying for His will to be done. Sometimes even that can be strengthening; just giving it to Him and knowing you've done as you should and what you can, and leaving the rest to His will. God bless!