Gemma_Maebure

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Before I begin, I think it's safe to say that the title kinda gives away what going on here, but if jot then i'll explain: I'll be honest, I've fallen away from God for a while now and just recently started to try and find my way back (not by any own strength of course). So, I'm at work (October 27, 2016) and while I'm trying to listen to contemporary Christian music without cringing, I get this overwhelming feeling. It isn't a bad feeling. It's more peaceful and I can't exactly describe it at all, and the peace is so strong that I go into what I like to call "Zen mode" where I lose traction of time because I'm so calm and focused on my current activity. This rarely happens, might I add. So while I'm sitting here wondering what's going on, I start questioning my "gift". I was told years ago by THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE that I'm a prophet, but up to this day I never saw how or when it would happen. I wondered why none of the other prophets bothered to reach me, and this random thought almost literally echoed in my thought process: "The gift of prophecy can'tbe taught by human means, but by impartation from Spirit to spirit." I'm not sure if hat was Who I think it was, and I'm not sure why I was led to capitalize the "S" in the first "spirit", but I feel like God is tugging at me...not hard but gently. I'm afraid though and I don't know what to do because the last time I got all hype about God, something happened to my (heart-wise and I don't know what) and I started drifting away and soon enough, I completely fell away. Not in a life of utter darkness and doom, but I just went about my life not thinking of Him. Like I said, He's tugging at me and I don't know what to do. I'm honestly scared...

Edited by Gemma_Maebure

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

:thumbsup:

The LORD is my shepherd. I am never in need.

He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside peaceful waters.

He renews my soul. He guides me along the paths of righteousness for the sake of his name. Psalms 23:1-3 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Who was it that told you you're a prophet? Can you give us some background on your history of faith, the churches you went to?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

God's Word tells us that we are to worship God in "Spirit and in Truth." Be sure that the spirit you are hearing is the Spirit of Truth. The truth is found in God's Word.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Welcome to Worthy.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6

you should let him tug and give in to it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12

On 28/10/2016 at 5:43 AM, Gemma_Maebure said:

Before I begin, I think it's safe to say that the title kinda gives away what going on here, but if jot then i'll explain: I'll be honest, I've fallen away from God for a while now and just recently started to try and find my way back (not by any own strength of course). So, I'm at work (October 27, 2016) and while I'm trying to listen to contemporary Christian music without cringing, I get this overwhelming feeling. It isn't a bad feeling. It's more peaceful and I can't exactly describe it at all, and the peace is so strong that I go into what I like to call "Zen mode" where I lose traction of time because I'm so calm and focused on my current activity. This rarely happens, might I add. So while I'm sitting here wondering what's going on, I start questioning my "gift". I was told years ago by THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE that I'm a prophet, but up to this day I never saw how or when it would happen. I wondered why none of the other prophets bothered to reach me, and this random thought almost literally echoed in my thought process: "The gift of prophecy can'tbe taught by human means, but by impartation from Spirit to spirit." I'm not sure if hat was Who I think it was, and I'm not sure why I was led to capitalize the "S" in the first "spirit", but I feel like God is tugging at me...not hard but gently. I'm afraid though and I don't know what to do because the last time I got all hype about God, something happened to my (heart-wise and I don't know what) and I started drifting away and soon enough, I completely fell away. Not in a life of utter darkness and doom, but I just went about my life not thinking of Him. Like I said, He's tugging at me and I don't know what to do. I'm honestly scared...

If God says love him with all your heart, mind and strength, then use your strength.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Philippians 4:13New King James Version (NKJV)

13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.               

King James Bible
And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.                                                        Luke 10:27T 

Hi Jelly Pi........that is what the man said in response to Jesus question about what is Written in the Law but in Matthew 22:37 Jesus said........The Greatest Commandment
36“Teacher, which commandment is the greatest in the Law?” 37Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and greatest commandment.…

Our Strength comes from Him....                                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 10/27/2016 at 11:43 AM, Gemma_Maebure said:

Fear not God. But do fear your own understanding of where you are and what God has for you. If you have not come into that which he has called you, you are in no position to know your place. Do not jump to conclusions. Simply be willing to go where he leads you, and make that your daily prayer.