• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Highly educated fool.

James 3:15, This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

1 Cor. 3: 19, For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. V. 20, And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Yes,  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. (2 Timothy 3:7).

I think Scripture sums this type up perfectly:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures." (Romans 1:18-23, NASB, emphasis mine)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I am reminded of the Olympic torch carriers, when I see stuff like this. One person says it. The opposition picks it up cries with outrage to those who would listen to the banter of those who wish to spread descent. Those people stir up more stink which is directed against the first group and iy continues back and forth until the original statement is lost in a sea of outrage . What has always been the case is that when any one group picks up the issue it runs away from the middle and further towards the far fringes, so that they can be the one to be seen calling the rallying cry against the opposition.

Drama, drama, drama for drama;s sake.

There is no solution to anything when identity politics become more important than that which is being discussed.

22 minutes ago, Davida said:

...:) does God's word explain everything to a T or what?!!

Yes it does. The Bible is God's inspired revelation of the origin and destiny of all things. It is the power of God unto eternal salvation and it is the source of present help for the body, soul, and spirit (Rom. 1:16; John 15:7). It is God's will and testament to men in all ages, revealing the plan of God for man here and now and in the next life. It is the record of God's dealings with man; past, present, and future. It contains God's message of eternal salvation to all people who believe in Christ and of eternal damnation to those who knowingly and willingly rebel against the gospel.

The Bible is a simple book to understand because it was given by God to be understood by the simple. Following the commonly accepted argument that a perfect God cannot make anything imperfect, we can scripturally say that God did not fail in His purpose of giving man a simple revelation that could be easily understood by all men alike, even by the simple (Deut. 29:29; Ps. 119:104, 140; Proverbs 1:1-4; 2 Timothy 3:15-17). Paul speaks of "the simplicity that is in Christ" (2 Cor. 11:3). Jesus thanked God that the truths of the Bible were hidden from the worldly wise who refused to believe, and stated that God has "revealed them unto babes" (Matt. 11:25-27). He gives the reason truths are hidden from anyone. It is because they refuse to humble themselves to believe and conform to the Bible (Matt.13:10-17). Jesus speaks of the devil taking the Word from the hearts of men lest it should bring forth fruit (Matt. 13:19-23. Paul also speaks of the devil blinding the minds of men lest they should believe, and he also speaks of men wilfully handling the Word of God dishonestly and deceitfully (2 Cor. 4:1-6).

The most simple beginners can understand the Bible one line at a time, for this is the way it was given, and it is the best way to understand it (Isa. 28:9-13). No man can get the vastness of the Bible at once. It is the infinite scope of the Bible truth that causes some men to think the Bible is hard to understand. Its like someone saying they cannot understand water because they cannot drink the whole ocean dry in one drink.:laugh:

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Great post! Hazard.  I can personally testify that until I was born again , I really could not much understand the Bible but the basics. It became opened for me when I got saved by the Lord of Lords and King of Kings Jesus Christ. All my Praise & thanks to our Almighty Heavenly LORD GOD YHWH , His perfect Holy Son Jesus Christ & the Holy Spirit of Grace & Mercy whose heavenly kingdom shall have no end. Amen.

Me too Davida. Being raised in the rcc, the teachings of the rcc only drove me away from God for many years. I could not get my mind to accept the rubbish they heaped on us a children, between being caned for not kneeling correctly when saying the rosary or some other trivial misdemeanour. In all the years I spent in catholic school I never once saw a Bible. The only Bible I knew of was the one the priest had on the alter from which he mumbled out a few things in Latin, nothing we could understand, and we were not allowed to go anywhere near it, even as alter boys. We were taught by the little sisters of mercy, who could wield the cane like a professional punisher, not to believe anything anyone said about God unless it was told us by the priest or themselves, the sisters. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

9 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Yes it does. The Bible is God's inspired revelation of the origin and destiny of all things. It is the power of God unto eternal salvation and it is the source of present help for the body, soul, and spirit (Rom. 1:16; John 15:7). It is God's will and testament to men in all ages, revealing the plan of God for man here and now and in the next life. It is the record of God's dealings with man; past, present, and future. It contains God's message of eternal salvation to all people who believe in Christ and of eternal damnation to those who knowingly and willingly rebel against the gospel.

The Bible is a simple book to understand because it was given by God to be understood by the simple. Following the commonly accepted argument that a perfect God cannot make anything imperfect, we can scripturally say that God did not fail in His purpose of giving man a simple revelation that could be easily understood by all men alike, even by the simple (Deut. 29:29; Ps. 119:104, 140; Proverbs 1:1-4; 2 Timothy 3:15-17). Paul speaks of "the simplicity that is in Christ" (2 Cor. 11:3). Jesus thanked God that the truths of the Bible were hidden from the worldly wise who refused to believe, and stated that God has "revealed them unto babes" (Matt. 11:25-27). He gives the reason truths are hidden from anyone. It is because they refuse to humble themselves to believe and conform to the Bible (Matt.13:10-17). Jesus speaks of the devil taking the Word from the hearts of men lest it should bring forth fruit (Matt. 13:19-23. Paul also speaks of the devil blinding the minds of men lest they should believe, and he also speaks of men wilfully handling the Word of God dishonestly and deceitfully (2 Cor. 4:1-6).

The most simple beginners can understand the Bible one line at a time, for this is the way it was given, and it is the best way to understand it (Isa. 28:9-13). No man can get the vastness of the Bible at once. It is the infinite scope of the Bible truth that causes some men to think the Bible is hard to understand. Its like someone saying they cannot understand water because they cannot drink the whole ocean dry in one drink.:laugh:

Very true Hazard, but why is it man resists the word of God and says it is too hard a path? I personally think it's arrogance, that men like to believe they are in control of their lives, and it's the material possessions and suchlike which are so important. Instant satisfaction is what they're after, and gratification in this life which is the opposite of what the Bible teaches.

For me, I find it the easier road, the more comforting one as I know my Lord God watches over me when I follow it properly. It may be less worn but it's far more attractive in every way.

Sorry I've gone a bit off-topic but I have a habit of stating the obvious lol

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The view point of the historian isn't anything new or surprising. As a matter of fact I expect this from someone that doesn't know the Lord. This historian is deluded and lost and needs Jesus Christ in their life. 

This isn't just her belief but many believe this way. It sort of reminds me of the persecution of the Christians under Nero. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

The view point of the historian isn't anything new or surprising.

What is new and surprising is that this philosophy has been the basis of the selection of so called "refugees" from the Middle East and Africa.  Muslims have been blatantly favored by the Obama administration, whereas Christians have been shut out. Also this nonsense helps ISIS to prioritize attacks against Christians in the Middle East.