IGNORED

What's your favourite movie with 'Christian themes'?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I hope I picked the right forum for posting a question like this, as this is my first time creating a topic.

I'm just about to watch one called 'Risen', about after Christ has risen from the dead, from the point of view of an unbeliever, so should be interesting. 

So I've just come back from watching the film, and it was brilliant. Joseph Fiennes plays Clavius, a Roman soldier who is in charge of the investigation into the disappearance of Jesus' 'body', but in the beginning of the movie he arrives just after Christ dies on the cross so be prepared to see something pretty emotional. I actually cried quite a few times during the film, I don't normally cry but of course the subject matter is so integral to us as Christians, but they were mostly happy tears I must admit.

I highly recommend this film to any Christian especially, but of course it might be nice if unbelievers would watch it as well as it supplies excellent reasons as to why we are believers and love Christ so much.

Edited by emdie
Watched film

Guest bonnieschamberger

Echoes of innocence by Nathan Todd Sims,  I have seen risen I liked it okay .....another christian movie I seem to get everytime I go to the library is Paradise Recovered.....its a modern day retelling of the good samaritan story and I seem to relate to the girl in it alot...really I think alot of people would

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I loved the movie "Do You Believe" and Woodlawn, War Room.. Plus, The Perfect Stranger. And oh yeah,  God Is Not Dead.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  762
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1982

I always liked the " Left Behind " (i enjoy prophecy) and when I was younger I enjoyed the book series ..

.I also enjoyed "Faith Like Potatoes". I have not watched it in several years ... 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi emdie,

I am another Aussie & I was born in Melbourne. Richmond actually & then moved to Glen Iris & Burwood when young. Later, went to Mildura & then Echuca to teach. Now I am married & live on a farm at Byrneside, near Shepparton. You would know all those places I think.

I like the movie, "Faith like potatoes.`

All the best & you are doing well posting etc.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I recently watched Soul Surfer for the upteenth time.  It is one that I also recommend to unbelievers because it is not preachy.  Mom's Night Out is still a favorite because I love comedies like it.  Back in the 60s and 70s I watched a lot of "Christian" movies but if they were about things from the Bible, I always thought the Book was better.  However, The Hiding Place put out by Billy Graham was an excellent rendition of Corrie tenBoom's story and it ends with a monologue from her in person.  She is one of the people I hope to meet in heaven.  

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/28/2016 at 7:31 PM, *~*Honey*~* said:

I always liked the " Left Behind " (i enjoy prophecy) and when I was younger I enjoyed the book series ..

.I also enjoyed "Faith Like Potatoes". I have not watched it in several years ... 

I read and have every book in the series. 

• 3 weeks later...