• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know maybe I just don't notice those things. :noidea:

Maybe you don't or you are used to it. I went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago. I was appalled at what the bride and bride maids were wearing. I wanted to get a blanket and cover them up.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/29/2016 at 7:54 PM, missmuffet said:

Maybe you don't or you are used to it. I went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago. I was appalled at what the bride and bride maids were wearing. I wanted to get a blanket and cover them up.

You sound like a rather judgmental person missmuffet. 

• Group:  Royal Member

2 hours ago, Justice_League said:

You sound like a rather judgmental person missmuffet. 

I see the fruit of the spirit. The Bible does not say we can not judge. It says we are not to judge hypocritically.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

16 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I see the fruit of the spirit. The Bible does not say we can not judge. It says we are not to judge hypocritically.

God is the only one qualified to judge. You presume to take His job into your own hands?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, Justice_League said:

God is the only one qualified to judge. You presume to take His job into your own hands?

We should not confuse how, what and why God judges, and how Christians are to render judgment (which is also perfectly legitimate).  

Christian judgment is akin to assessment.  If someone walks into a worship service dressed provocatively, they have rendered judgment on themselves. A Christian can certainly conclude that that person has no understanding of Christian worship.

27 minutes ago, Justice_League said:

Christians are often accused of “judging” or intolerance when they speak out against sin. But opposing sin is not wrong. Holding aloft the standard of righteousness naturally defines unrighteousness and draws the slings and arrows of those who choose sin over godliness. John the Baptist incurred the ire of Herodias when he spoke out against her adultery with Herod (Mark 6:18–19). She eventually silenced John, but she could not silence the truth (Isaiah 40:8).

Believers are warned against judging others unfairly or unrighteously, but Jesus commends “right judgment” (John 7:24, ESV). We are to be discerning (Colossians 1:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:21). We are to preach the whole counsel of God, including the Bible’s teaching on sin (Acts 20:27; 2 Timothy 4:2). We are to gently confront erring brothers or sisters in Christ (Galatians 6:1). We are to practice church discipline (Matthew 18:15–17). We are to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15).

https://gotquestions.org/do-not-judge.html

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

If someone walks into a worship service dressed provocatively, they have rendered judgment on themselves.

How did a a topic about a guy walking into church with hair and a tattoo become a topic on  dressing proactively in church?  Well anyway here is something to think about. It maybe that the person dressing proactively really has no ideal that they are doing so. They just may think they are trying to look nice. As a women I can see how one might think that a low cut dress looks very nice on them. And they may simply have no clue that someone is going to consider them to be dressing proactively for church. The same can be said about someone in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Maybe to them, they are wearing their best to church because for them their best is a clean pair of jeans and a clean t-shirt. The point is that you do not know. Only God knows. And we should leave God to take care of it.

If I was ever turn away from a church for how I was dressed. I would tell the person turning me away that they need to find Jesus.  That is just what I would do.

And! I do think that most people do try to wear what they think is appropriate for church. Because when I would invite someone new to church, the first thing they would ask me is what should they wear. The whole "what should I wear" seems to be a big issue for people when it comes to attending a church they do not know. I think we as church going Christians should ask ourselves if we are somehow limiting the work of God by making people feel they need to have certain clothes in order to attend church.

Edited by LadyKay
I had more to say

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

When I go to Church, I try to dress better and keep my hair combed properly and look my best. There is nothing wrong in that. It is a feeling most of us have that being presentable and look our "best clean" is a sign of our readiness to look clean inside also. Showing a bit of reverence to Lord. While Lord is looking at our hearts, it is something from our side to show our willingness to be cleansed by Lord. It is not something to be judged by other though. It is not something to be put as a rule. While we can encourage others, we cannot condemn when they don't do things the way like it :)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

How did a a topic about a guy walking into church with hair and a tattoo become a topic on  dressing proactively in church? 

Proactively would be good. Provocatively would be bad.;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

We should not confuse how, what and why God judges, and how Christians are to render judgment (which is also perfectly legitimate).  

Christian judgment is akin to assessment.  If someone walks into a worship service dressed provocatively, they have rendered judgment on themselves. A Christian can certainly conclude that that person has no understanding of Christian worship.                                       Ezra

Very well said Brother & that is very important what you just said ,especially here in with what Lady says....

It maybe that the person dressing proactively really has no ideal that they are doing so. They just may think they are trying to look nice. As a women I can see how one might think that a low cut dress looks very nice on them. And they may simply have no clue that someone is going to consider them to be dressing proactively for church.                               LadyKay

There was a time I dressed VERY provocatively & with all my heart I was there to  WORSHIP my King & thought I was giving my very Best to the King of kings,my heart was still my own you see,I had not yet forsaken the spirit of pride that hindered that flesh....not until I did,did I Receive access to the Heart & Mind of Jesus by the Power of Holy Spirit in me.....He had been there all along but was on my "pay no mind" list or these days they would say on "ignore".....many folks have not yet reached that level of Wisdom & Understanding YET      I dress very modestly & I will be the first to take a young lady aside to help her along the way so hopefully she can learn what I had to without anyones help........When we do these type of things with LOVE I believe it is usually welcomed & well Received

Anyway,,,,,,to assess is good,to assist is even better!!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik