WHY?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Why is it that a lot of Christians are scared to truly live by faith, physically,mentally,spiritually in every moment. Is it because we just don't measure up to God's power?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:20 AM, aceplace.tk said:

Why is it that a lot of Christians are scared to truly live by faith, physically,mentally,spiritually in every moment. Is it because we just don't measure up to God's power?

Hi aceplace,

You are actually supposed to do 5 posts in the welcome section & then go elsewhere, (to get rid of scammers). Seems like you went under the radar.

Anyway, back to topic. I think it is more an indication that the Lord is growing us all to maturity & that takes...well our lifetime. We are all at different stages & the Holy Spirit is doing a great work within each believer to make them like Christ. That involves, dying to self, looking at what the Holy Spirit is addressing at the time, being responsible in everyday life, etc, etc.

I seem to hear the `driveness` of the world in your answer, as your measurement seems to be `God`s power` for being a `super Christian.` Please correct me if I have misunderstood you.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

I think there are many views as to what it means to "live by faith".  To some going to the doctor is not living by faith that God will heal you, to some saving for retirement is not living by faith that God will provide for you.   I have a friend that thinks owning a gun for personal protection is not living by faith God will keep you safe.  

I think to answer the question you need to provide us with your view of what it means to "live by faith".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/28/2016 at 4:20 PM, aceplace.tk said:

They do not believe until they see the proof. They have to see in order to believe. That is not what the Bible tells us. We live by blind faith.

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Guest BacKaran

God also have us common sense to live out each day hence I've got a gun, I've got a pantry, I know how to can etc...

People want simple and do not want to change their current lifestyle or they say living for God is not fun...

They are ignorant and deceived because they do not look to Gods Word for knowledge and guidance.

Most people are in a false man made religion as well and are not being led by a true Shepherd.

Good question!?

Karan

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

8 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

God also have us common sense to live out each day hence I've got a gun, I've got a pantry, I know how to can etc...

People want simple and do not want to change their current lifestyle or they say living for God is not fun...

They are ignorant and deceived because they do not look to Gods Word for knowledge and guidance.

Most people are in a false man made religion as well and are not being led by a true Shepherd.

Good question!?

Karan

Pride as a whole lot to do with it !!!

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

They do not believe until they see the proof. They have to see in order to believe. That is not what the Bible tells us. We live by blind faith.

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Well said;

John 20:29, Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.  People must believe the Bible to have true faith.  

Another problem is fear.  When God reveals Himself to us we are overcome with how personal He is and how much He loves us.   Jesus died for us.   Perfect love casts out fear.  He also provides for our basic needs.  Consider the lilies of the field and the birds of the air.  God knows you have need of all these things.  But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.  If people don't place God, His kingdom and righteousness as the center priorities of their lives, they probably don't have the kind of relationship that encourages us to walk by faith.  Learning to rely on God for little things, wisdom in decision making or help in finding the car keys, builds faith for bigger problems.  The just shall live by their faith.  It is a daily walk.  Believe means to trust in, rely upon, adhere to, cling to God.  

Sometimes we forget that the God Who created the universe is not overwhelmed by our little problems, no matter how big they seem to us.  

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Pride as a whole lot to do with it !!!

That pesky spirit of pride.