IGNORED

I am alone but never lonely.

Guest BacKaran

Guest BacKaran

I'm a widow and I live alone with my dog. Am I lonely? No. Sometimes I do get bored of myself and then I seek friendship with church friends.

In the quiet of the day I pray, read the bible or come here to read others thoughts.

I think of my memories of my hubby, doesn't that make you want him here?

Absolutely not!

First he's saved and he's with Jesus. I asked him point blank if Christ is his Savior as I am the one with health issues. I said, I need to know that if I die first, I will see you on heaven.

Secondly, I would consider it very selfish of myself to want him here given the world has fallen even more since his death. I'm very content knowing he's no longer in this sinful hateful world.

Thirdly, my memories are a hoot and God gives me joy in remembrance of him.

And The Holy Spirit prompts me to say some profound things and I'm like... Where did that come from? I told daughter at the funeral, she may not understand this now ( dad's sudden death at 53) but in this world he was my husband and best friend, in the next he is my brother in Christ.

I've learned over the years that when I begin take my focus off  Christ,  I begin to fall apart or grumble and whine. so I know I need to keep my focus focused!

I'm alone by the world standards but I'm heavenly blessed by God, I'll never be lonely.

What do you say when someone asks if you ever get lonely? ?

Edited by BacKaran

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

In the quite of the day is the best place to connect to the serene and calm of the Lord and is the best place to ponder to sit back and take everything in and is also the best place to look back on memories. Memories to some are just things they remember happened but to some they are treasures that held dear to their hearts. I do not know you or your husband but I imagine as you look back on all the times with him God is greatly at work in your heart. Remembering all the times when you and him were just relaxing being together remembering if you have had children the birth of those children and the journey you and him had with raising those children the stress the mess the happy the sad the confusion and yet you wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

the times when you and him laughing and being happy together remembering the silly moments remembering the sad times remembering the stressful times and remembering the moments when all you two could was cling to the Lord. I do not speak as if these are your memories but as you remember your times with your husband and it fills you with comfort and warmth know that this is God's voice saying that you will have this again only on a much higher level.

treasure your memories with him thank God for every minute and every second you had with him in this way you carry your husbands torch and the light he shined on this earth will shine still even in death.

Edited by HeartSearcher

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

That was a nice post BacKaran . I get lonely sometimes.  I think that is the way God made us. He made us social.  Even God is a truine God. He was never alone but each person of the trinity  loved each other. And he said if we follow  his commandment to love one another as christ loved us he would make his home with us. Even through  He makes his home in me i still need physical  people. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BacKaran said:

I'm a widow and I live alone with my dog. Am I lonely? No. Sometimes I do get bored of myself and then I seek friendship with church friends.

In the quiet of the day I pray, read the bible or come here to read others thoughts.

I think of my memories of my hubby, doesn't that make you want him here?

Absolutely not!

First he's saved and he's with Jesus. I asked him point blank if Christ is his Savior as I am the one with health issues. I said, I need to know that if I die first, I will see you on heaven.

Secondly, I would consider it very selfish of myself to want him here given the world has fallen even more since his death. I'm very content knowing he's no longer in this sinful hateful world.

Thirdly, my memories are a hoot and God gives me joy in remembrance of him.

And The Holy Spirit prompts me to say some profound things and I'm like... Where did that come from? I told daughter at the funeral, she may not understand this now ( dad's sudden death at 53) but in this world he was my husband and best friend, in the next he is my brother in Christ.

I've learned over the years that when I begin take my focus off  Christ,  I begin to fall apart or grumble and whine. so I know I need to keep my focus focused!

I'm alone by the world standards but I'm heavenly blessed by God, I'll never be lonely.

What do you say when someone asks if you ever get lonely? ?

What a beautiful testimony, thank you for sharing.

Peace
Mark

Guest bonnieschamberger

Thats wonderful and I agree...I feel whenever I do get lonely (which doesnt happen very often because Im an introvert and I actually love alot of alone time) somewhere in there I have gotten distracted from God and I just return ...I go get back in my car and drive around and sing and talk to God.That good one on one time I love it cant do without it.