Oh cross of Christ..

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi y'all Im new and seeking advice. My wife claims to be christian yet she abuses me verbally, emotionally and physically. She wont let us see anyone, wont go for counselling. She only sees her unbelieving mother with whom they talk about me behind my back. I loved her truly but now shes the source of my pain.  Should I divorce her and have her arrested?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

It would be hard to continue witnessing to her if you divorce her. I would advise you continue on if at all possible, just living the true Christian life in full view of her. Connect strongly with a good local church for support and don't fail to attend regularly. Pray every day for God to help you live correctly so as to be a testimony and witness to your wife. And pray for God to open her eyes and heart, and for the Spirit to move and awaken in her a desire for change and truth.

God bless, praying for you!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

I'm very sorry this has happened to you , abuse is never God's will . Please contact a domestic abuse hotline . Councillors in most western countries are familiar with female abusers , males tend to be embarrassed or ashamed . Please don't feel that way , a domestic abuse councillor will see you privately and will be able to give you advice and options or just talk with you on the phone . Although women are more likely to be victims , males are coming forward more often , please , seek help , be safe .

God bless you

mmm...I hear. I have lost all strength to love her. Its been insults, belittling and yelling frm the day I said 'I do' I dont know if I can bring myself to loving her anymore....Im so dissapointed...

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Welcome to Worthy.

Pray, Pray, Pray.

Learn to stand up to her but in a loving manner,it can be done. I can say this.  I would not put up with abuse in any way shape for form. You can get your point across.

I don't know what to say expect that, because my marriage was wonderful.  I lost him after 25 years.  

Seek God first, listen to His Voice.  My question too is are you a believer in Jesus?  And what does being a Christian mean to you?

yes Im a believer and a minister. Christ is everythng to me.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 11/1/2016 at 3:41 PM, Wize said:

mmm...I hear. I have lost all strength to love her. Its been insults, belittling and yelling frm the day I said 'I do' I dont know if I can bring myself to loving her anymore....Im so dissapointed...

Christ Who lives in you by His Spirit does love her and forgive her.  He died for her--for while we are yet sinners Christ died for us.  So ask God to love and forgiver her through you.  When you fully grasp His love for her, it will enlarge your comprehension for His love for you as well.  We cannot live the Christian life in our own strength, right?.  How often have you told others that?  It is now time to die to yourself and allow Christ to be seen in you.  John the Baptist said "I must decrease so that He might increase."  Jesus is not a wimp.  He is power under control.  He spoke with power and authority.  And He lives in you!  I used to tell my husband "that's OK, I love you anyhow."   And sometimes I would tell him "I love you just the way you are."   He said that is what got through to him.  He was saved 42 years ago.

Praying,

Willa

Guest BacKaran

Dear wize, 

This is exactly what happened to my folks when my mom's mom came to live with us.

I grew up in a sarcastic, snarky cut down family and it's very hard to take. That said, years later we found out my mom had a parathyroid Tumor which took years to grow and it slowly changed her personality. She was also anxious and depressed.

Had your wife been to a doctor?

I learned to cope by agreeing with my mom sometimes and that took the wind out of her so so to speak.

I'm praying for you brother.

Karan

Edited by BacKaran

On 11/4/2016 at 2:27 AM, Willa said:

Christ Who lives in you by His Spirit does love her and forgive her.  He died for her--for while we are yet sinners Christ died for us.  So ask God to love and forgiver her through you.  When you fully grasp His love for her, it will enlarge your comprehension for His love for you as well.  We cannot live the Christian life in our own strength, right?.  How often have you told others that?  It is now time to die to yourself and allow Christ to be seen in you.  John the Baptist said "I must decrease so that He might increase."  Jesus is not a wimp.  He is power under control.  He spoke with power and authority.  And He lives in you!  I used to tell my husband "that's OK, I love you anyhow."   And sometimes I would tell him "I love you just the way you are."   He said that is what got through to him.  He was saved 42 years ago.

Praying,

Willa

Thank you so much for enlightening me. How quick we forget that we were all sinners just a little while ago.... 

On 11/4/2016 at 3:48 AM, BacKaran said:

Dear wize, 

This is exactly what happened to my folks when my mom's mom came to live with us.

I grew up in a sarcastic, snarky cut down family and it's very hard to take. That said, years later we found out my mom had a parathyroid Tumor which took years to grow and it slowly changed her personality. She was also anxious and depressed.

Had your wife been to a doctor?

I learned to cope by agreeing with my mom sometimes and that took the wind out of her so so to speak.

I'm praying for you brother.

Karan

BacKaran you are spot on. No we have never been to a doctor for any possible diagnosis but  I have noticed stark symptoms of bipolar. I have also later learned from my brother-in-law that her mother (my mother-in-law) often abused their father in a similar manner she has been conducting herself in our marriage viz Selfishness, manipulation, tantrums, demanding...etc. Im happy to know that u were able to coexist with your mother peacefully. I want to know, how did ur experiences living under those circumstances affect you and affect your relationships?