Need advice about my relationship?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi. Im going to try keep this as short as possible. Ive been dating my girlfriend for 10 months now. Before we met, i was a born again Christian for 2 years. I made a promise to not have sex again until marriage. Then i met my gf and after 2 weeks we had done it. I thought it would be ok since we are married in Gods eyes (which apparently isnt the case in the NT). But we are both Christian. We live together now, but im starting to get doubts and confused about our relationship. I want to grow closer to God and His Word but out views on certain things are different. For example, I dont like watching secular movies or listening to secular music at all. I also believe strongly in Gods Word and believe that is His guide for us. Wheras she sometimes will compromise and say she just lets God guide her in her heart. Yet His word is our guide. And the bible says the heart is deceptive. We have argued a few times about these sorts of things and its frustrating. I dont want to compromise with Gods Word. Either a person believes the Bible to be the Word of God and obeys it to the best of their ability or they dont. I want to try. And I want to repent for what we have done with our sexual lives and change until marriage. Am I being selfish? She is very soft and i do love her. Im just worried what she will say if i tell her this is what i want to do. I want her to be onboard with me and with making God happy instead of living how we "think" or "feel" God wants us to. I want us to obey His Word and happily do it together. What can I do about this? I need advice from mature understanding Christians please. And we cant marry now because im studying and dont have a job yet. Her fanily is also not very Christian. He mom bashed the bible in fron of me and it upset me a lot. So i got up and walked out their house. Her mom said im rude and arrogant. Because i defended my belief im arrogant? Then im very arrogant. I never once brought up the bible in their house or religion except when her mom brings it up. But she thinks she knows everything and stated the bible could have been written by a drunk lady. Is that a logical thing to say? Obviously not. And i cant sit idly while she bashes my belief and Gods Word for no reason. It was so disrespectful. So that has also now caused a lot of strain in our relationship. People dont want to try obey Gods Word because "its hard". I just want her and I to live the way God wants us to. Not how her mom wants us to. 

Edited by Chad1988
Added more content

36 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

Those who try obey the Bible will not listen to the voice of the Lord and obey His commandments. Listen to the voice in your heart, not what religious heathens told you to do. 

The heart is deceptive, I trust the Word of God. Your heart deceives you. Trusting the heart is the worst thing you can do. That is satanic doctrine. I know people who trust their hearts and get led into trouble. The heart has no mind, it cant perceive right from wrong. 

Mature Christian answers please.

Edited by Chad1988
Spelling

26 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

The flesh seeks the flesh of man for it's concerns instead of the Lord who gives life. The heart of a man is the spirit of God but Satan and the Beast have it's way in this world until the flesh has been killed by the will of the Lord. 

Those who believe the Bible is the word of the Lord deny the spirit of God that gives life. Written words cannot keep you alive but the will of God ( breath of the Lord ) will keep you alive forever. 

Theres a lot of truth mixed with a lot of lies right there.

Which god are you talking about if not the one of the Bible? Nobody said words will keep us alive forever. I am saying the Bible is our guide in words from God. It gives us information, historical events, and tells us how to live a life pleasing to God and how to gain the very eternal life you mention. If you are going to dismiss the Bible then the god you speak of is not Jesus Christ and you will not gain eternity without Him. 

10 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

There is no God in the Bible. He's outside of His creation but those who read the words written in the Bible do not understand who He is or how He was able to speak His thoughts into a creation. 

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him! 
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth. 

Psalm 33
4: For the word of the LORD is upright; and all his work is done in faithfulness. 
5: He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. 
6: By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and all their host by the breath of his mouth. 
7: He gathered the waters of the sea as in a bottle; he put the deeps in storehouses.

Im not really sure what you're going on about. I know God is outside the Bible. I never said He lives inside the book itself. Im saying it is His Word which means it is our guide to Him. You're even quoting it to make a point. You're using Gods inspired Word. If you dismiss the Bible then you are dismissing the inspired Word of God. 

We need to pray, spend time in the Word and repent, to be close to God. These things all go hand in hand to growing with Jesus. 

And yes I know we can't understand everything about God. He has given us enough in His Word to understand what He knows we need to. Nothing more and nothing less. But ultimately my point is that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. 

11 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

No man will ever get to know the Truth by reading the Bible and getting their own interpretations from it. Only the Lord can send His Holy Spirit with the knowledge to understand the prophecies that no man can understand on his own. 

I agree you need the Holy Spirit to help you understand scripture. But if nobody can properly interpret the bible then what use is it to us? Either the Bible is the Word of God written for us or it isnt. Which is it?

12 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

God had the Holy Spirit deliver words into my mind to write and speak. This is how God taught me everything He wanted me to know before this age ends with His Fire. 

If any spirit has told you to go against the Bible and speak against it the way you have then I would very highly recommend that you test that spirit. 

John 4:1-6

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

11 minutes ago, LifeinOne said:

God's people who are being influenced by Satan and the Beast don't know how to use the scriptures to test the Spirit of God. Only God can use the scriptures to prove to liars that they are liars. 

Sorry but that is false. There are many people who have tested spirits, especially in the new age movement where contact with deceiving spirits is common. And by using the basic principle mentioned in scripture, they upset the spirits because they know Jesus Christ is Lord. So you have been deceived into thinking scripture is basically useless to people. But you are wrong. It is useful, it has a purpose, and that purpose is from God. 

I pray you find the truth. Read Gods Word and pray that God opens your heart to the truth which is found in His Word. Any other doctrine is not from the Holy Spirit, it is antichrist.